2. V8, M56 sport
4. 2nd owner
5. Has always driven smoothly, no hiccups to speak of.
Car #2, the test mule
1. Has a weirdly shifting trans that some have described to me as "feeling like it's being held back"
3. V8, M56x
4. All wheel drive
5. 3rd owner, it drove like this from the first day I got it with approx 145,000 miles.
6. Based on discussions here, I thought it was something more localized to the V8s and related to the timing chain recall. So I had the dealer check my fluid levels
and perform the software update
. The improvement was minimal. I did a TCM relearn at home
and there was greater improvement in the way it drove. It is still horrible compared to my other M56, so I gave it to an "independent driver for an unbiased opinion" and she also pointed out that it shifted funny in town.
These are 2 of the discussions that pointed me towards fluid level:
- p0420-catalytic-repair-m56x-now-missing ... 23433.html
It seems it's not isolated to only V8s then. Good. We'll see what Q70 owners have to share