Transfer Case oil change.

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

I accidentally said I changed my transfer with conventional valvoline 80w90, it was actually my differential. I will redo that later again with Amsoil.

Anyways, I changed my transfer case with 75w-90 Amsoil severe gear today, even though I only used this Amsoil fluid previously for only 24,300 miles.

They say you can go 150,000 miles or 3 years.
But I got ocd, and I like dumping expensive transfer/diff oil because I get paranoid something might go wrong! :bang

But YET I can use their motor oil for more than a year and a half and run THAT for around 13,000-15,000 miles.
:picard:

Yah, I’m an idiot wasting this expensive stuff. :drool: :iws:
Anyways, I actually used 4 rhino ramps because I bought another set for $20 from some guy.

So instead of going to the end of my incline driveway with ramps to try to get it more level, I went to the less inclined top part of my driveway near the garage. I use the slight elevation of the smoother garage floor where it meets the rough driveway. I then used the garage floor to hold the ramp in place and I placed a long rug under the rear ramps while I drove forward. I made sure those ramps were snug into the tire.

The 4 ramps were more level I think than my previous setup.

I even use my smaller plastic chocks, to use while up on the rear ramps.

Stupid, yes….but It felt safe and even my tiny skinny self needed a lift of some sort. Even if it rolled down, my Rogue is lifted. Still even before that, I could still fit under safely but impossible to contort myself to reach bolts correctly.

I just don’t know how people in this forum change the transfer case while level. I read people do it with the Rogue on the ground. Some even do it wrong with 1 set of ramps on YouTube.

Anyways, this is the first time I tried to do it while the Rogue being more level. Only reason I can’t do it inside my level garage is because my Rogue is lifted and won’t fit, plus the garage floor is too smooth for my ramps and I’m scared they would slip.

My main issue is that I just need to keep this gear oil in longer!!!

That damn Nissan cvt messed up my mind, now I think my rogue will blow up if I don’t change the various oil/fluids more frequently! :owned:

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

You are just having fun with your vehicle admit it! :poke:
We all get pleasure from improving /maintaining something on our vehicles. :dance

Return to “Rogue Forum”