Trailer Hitch and Pre wire

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

Nick 568 wrote:Image

It tows it pretty well. :) Going out this weekend for a trip, so I'll be able to get some MPG numbers.
To be honest, I'm probably closer to 1600 lbs with the snowmobiles' tanks gassed up. (12 gal tanks each)
thats a really cool pic man! i wish we can compile more towing pics.

i agree that it tows well.
you can see that even the suspension isnt over-loaded. car can easily tow 1500lbs

SquiggyFreud

Note: One of the benefits of the AWD model is the increased tow capacity (1500 vs. 1000lbs) and the secondary transmission oil cooler (FWD models only have one oil cooler).

A complete towing guide with driving tips can be found starting on pg 9-16 of your owners manual. Nissan also publishes a towing guide:

2009 Nissan Towing Guide
2008 Nissan Towing Guide
Hi all, I am looking at getting a 14 ft aluminum boat...all said and done about 12-1300 lbs. I will be making mostly short trips 30 miles or less with the boat.

Reading the 2008 towing guide Philipa linked it says with manual shift mode 1500 lbs and without 1000 lbs. Philipa mentioned the AWD had the 1500 lb rating.

I am a bit confused, isnt the manual shift mode available on all rogues, with the manual shift or paddle shifters??

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

philipa_240sx wrote: Note: One of the benefits of the AWD model is the increased tow capacity (1500 vs. 1000lbs) and the secondary transmission oil cooler (FWD models only have one oil cooler)
not right. the only models that had the transmission cooler that came from the factory is the Rogues with PADDLE SHIFTERS.

PADDLE SHIFTERS = 1500LB TOWING CAPACITY
NON PADDLE SHIFTERS = 1000LB TOWING CAPACITY.

SquiggyFreud

Thanks for the info...I would be interested in any feedback from guys towing boats with the Rogue, how does it handle on a boat ramp? And what kind of boat do you have? I would be pretty confident on a ramp with grooved concrete, but many of the ramps we have in the south are gravel, I dont want my Rogue to end up in the Henderson Swamp.

08 Rogue SL FWD (with Tranny cooler byt the way)

SquiggyFreud

I have had my boat about a year now, have been wanting to weigh it just to have peace of mind. The Rogue pulls the boat just fine on interstate and boat ramp. I average about 20MPG while towing.

My wife and I are wanting to do some camping this fall, so I needed to know how much room I had for gear.
This past weekend I went to the CAT scales and had it weighed.
The trailer and boat weighs 1500lbs. I was guessing 1150-1200 lbs, not sure where the extra 300 pounds came from. Totoal weight with me and my wife in the car, bot gas tanks full, gear in boat was 5480 lbs. I was a bit suprised, I think the max GCWR on my rogue is 5636lbs. Not much room for gear, so I am thinking we will be taking a second vehicle :(

rayjgold
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue, SL package AWD

Finally got around to installing my tow hitch after inquiring about it more than a year ago on this thread.

Went to the stealership to get it put in, and They told me it would cost $520 for parts and labor, without wire harness.

Told them thanks, but no thanks.

Ordered the Hitch and all the tools needed (torque wrench etc...) .....Plus hitchmounted 3 bike rake and accessories (crossbars for women bikes, hitchmate tiedowns, pin locks etc...) for about 390 TOTAL!!!!

Then I installed it myself...it did take about 5 hours though....since the holes were rusted and did not lift the car up...

But I think it was worth the $400 I saved (I excluding the price of the bike rack and accessories).

Attached the bike rack and carried 3 bikes for about 600 miles total and guess what? The hitch stayed attached to the car!

Dont understand why Nissan would charge so much....It would have taken them less than 30 Mins to install this will the lifts and power tools they have.

Return to “Rogue Forum”