TPMS warning

The web's first forum dedicated to the Nissan Juke and the Nissan Qazana.
Seacoastalex
Car: Nissan juke 2013

I installed different rims to my juke 7,5j instead of 7,0j which is a bit heavier but tires are still the same and low pressure warning came on. There is right amount of pressure in the tires Can anybody help me to find the problem?

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

Any issues when you swapped the sensors to the new wheels?

Did the tires sit for a while and maybe lose enough pressure to make the light pop? When that's happened (usually from a sudden temp drop) to my Z I just over-inflate to 38 psi or do and it's usually enough to shut the light off. Once it's off I'll just drop the pressure down to a normal level.

macgiver

mac here these jukes have a higher "Cold" psi spec ( that's around 7:00 am typically) tan most cars .I have AWD and I believe it's 35psi cold . Now later in the afternoon , bombing down the hiway - doing 75++ , slowing , weaving ,hottest part of day , I really see pressure increases of 10-12psi !! Especially here in AZ summer I go up 14 psi . :gapteeth:
We have a very high temp. differential from 7am to 5pm , maybe 30 deg. (89 morn - 119 afternoon !) I don't know what your "differential " my be , but. So 38 psi may possibly triggering TPMS upon after a "cool-down" ,especially if measured 1) after driving 2) especially fast driving 3) NOT measured @ 7am = "COLD" . I always only buy at least a V rated ,2 ply sidewall , min. 5ply tread tire which is almost always rated 51 psi Max press. "COLD". :yesnod All due respect 38 is probably/possibly low. :cool:
And so lastly , if I pullover , hot day ,from freeway bombing, take quick check , tires can be 44-46 psi, and they're a blast to drive that way, just be sure to be running Z rated ( Z= W or Y or (Y) ) , but V minimum . :dblthumb: Glen 11/19/2017

macgiver

The days (I should say , "use of " ) of the " 35 psi. Max Cold " tire are gone ,and maybe found in a POS - " S " rated tire ,even some " T " rated, but no-one worth they're grease-gun would put those on a golf-cart . Yes - true " Bologna Skins" ! :rotflmao mac here ,11/19/2017

Return to “Juke Forum | Qazana Forum”