Brakemotive kit for 2018 Q70 Sport

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
kj2005
Car: 2015 Q70s 3.7 AWD Obsidian Black and Graphite, with Sport Pkg, Sport Touring Pkg, Technology Pkg, Premium Pkg, Rear Spoiler, etc...

Thanks to the people here who recommended this brake kit to me! It is scheduled to arrive next Monday, 2/18! My rear pads are about 2.5mm and my front pads are at 5mm. The rear brake pads and rotors will go on very soon since I think about 2mm is the recommended thickness before replacement. I was wondering about the fronts and whether I should wait until they are a little more worn before I replace the pads and rotors - and even wait until after winter time here in the Northeast with all of the salt on the roads.

Any opinions about waiting a couple of months until post Salt season and for the fronts to wear a little more before replacing .... vs. just do the fronts and rears all at once now? It's like of like throwing out 1/3 of a perfectly good pizza! Ha!

Dark_Knight
Car: 2015 Infiniti Q70 3.7 AWD
2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD

Are you hearing screeching from your brakes? Even if you are, it might just be debris in between the pad and the rotor. If the pads aren't too worn down you should be fine.

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

You're right. It IS wasteful to a degree. If you are doing the job yourself, you may want to change one axle at a time waiting until the brakes truly need to be changed to get your money's worth from what's on the car now.
I have to pay the dealer to change mine so it's cheaper to have them do both axles at the same time. If my dealer does one axle now and one axle later, they charge me 1.5 hours each time for a total of 3 hours. If they do both axles at one visit, it's a total of 2 hours. I save over $100 by wasting what's left on the good pads and I saved a few hundred by NOT using their pads and rotors.

kj2005
Car: 2015 Q70s 3.7 AWD Obsidian Black and Graphite, with Sport Pkg, Sport Touring Pkg, Technology Pkg, Premium Pkg, Rear Spoiler, etc...

Larz wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:33 pm
You're right. It IS wasteful to a degree. If you are doing the job yourself, you may want to change one axle at a time waiting until the brakes truly need to be changed to get your money's worth from what's on the car now.
I'll have a local shop install the rotors and pads. I'll probably wait until after wintertime and then just periodically measure the pad thickness so I don't cut it too close.

kj2005

Dark_Knight wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:32 pm
Are you hearing screeching from your brakes? Even if you are, it might just be debris in between the pad and the rotor. If the pads aren't too worn down you should be fine.
No noise, just the dealer's service manager urging me to replace only the REAR brake pads and resurface the rotors for $350. He said something like if I wait too long and the rotors and pads are needed it would be almost $800 ... which is ridiculous.

The also insisted I do the AWD fluids for $250 since i have 44K miles, replacing the cabin filter for $125, replacing my aftermarket engine air filters with OEM, etc. I declined all of that.

Malbec 56 Beast
Car: 2013 Infiniti M66xS Totaled 4/11/20
What's next???
2010 Subaru Legacy
1983 Porsche 928 S Euro (Sold) 2/17/20

I called the Nissan service manager and asked how much, he gave me a price and I hit him with my number and he said yes.

I do a lot of service at Nissan.

Since then the Infiniti dealer has been coming to play.

I paid $100 for all 4 corners.

What a deal

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

Malbec 56 Beast wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:19 pm
I called the Nissan service manager and asked how much, he gave me a price and I hit him with my number and he said yes.

I do a lot of service at Nissan.

Since then the Infiniti dealer has been coming to play.

I paid $100 for all 4 corners.

What a deal
Well done mate! I will see if I can increase the discount I am getting from my dealer. I am paying a little less than $300 to install 4 rotors and pads. They do 100% of all work done on the car they know me by name because I'm there every three months or so for oil / filter changes.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”