Lost Key Fob

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
hogfan0515
Car: 2006 M45 Sport

I have lost the key fob for my 2006 M45 sport and ordered two to get them coded. Obviously, after they could not be programmed, I got the wrong fobs based on the FCC # I used. I ordered two keys with FCC code CWTWBU618, as that was what the dealer said....let me state that these were not OEM Infiniti FOBs but from an Ebay seller (keylessking) that said as long as the FCC code was the same they would work. After finding out they would not work (except for one that would go in the key fob spot and start the car, but nothing else), I called another dealer who had the key in stock and read the FCC code to me and it was different. He gave me CWTWBU735. After research I found that there was an old and new FCC code...the first one I listed (that I purchased) and the one the dealer gave m. Also, I found out there is an old and new part number. I'm confused, and upset I still have no working fob, and was wondering if someone could please help me by giving me the FCC code off the back of an original key fob for a 2006 M45 Sport. I don't want to buy more fobs just to have someone come out to program them again and not work. Also, they kept telling me the key fob antenna was not the problem, even though I was having a problem with the last key a lot even with a new battery...sometimes had to get it close to the sensors for it to even work. Thanks for any help!

EdBwoy

ETC093LPD0303
FCC ID: CWTWBU618
IC NO: 1788D-FWB1U618

This is from 3 key fobs: 2 different 06 M45s, each with one functioning key + 1 key fob I bought from eBay to be a spare that is yet to be programmed(bought it by FCC ID, can't recall which year it came from)

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

I had a time trying to replace a damaged key fob for my 2007 M. The shop that damaged it sent me to a locksmith who specialized in these sort of keys. Even they had to try a couple different Inifniti fobs before they could find one that accepted all the codes to work everything on the car. My suggestion is either go to a dealer (last resort due to inflated pricing) or search out a local locksmith and let them try different fobs from their stock until they find you one that works properly.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”