All bulb sizing and interior LED conversion details

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
CSP2839
Car: 2012 Nissan Pathfinder SV

Thanks so much Towncivilian! I'll give it a try and let you know how it works out for me. If I do need to replace it, would you happen to know where the unit is located? Right now that's my biggest issue....finding the elusive flasher unit. LOL

PJSnow
Car: 2001 Nissan Pathfinder SE

So one of the bulbs in the center brake light on the hatch went out. its just one of the many. how do i access it? and is it a simple unplug and plug in of the new bulb? and is there an LED bulb for it?
sorry about all the questions but thanks in advance

bukhory
Car: Nissan Pathfinder 2008

Thanks, this thread is what I looking for

dtwbcs
Car: 2003 PATHFINDER

New to this site
I have a 2003 Pathfinder that I recently converted to led lighting from superbrights.Really liked the brightness. Worked fine for about a month. Anyways, now the intrior lights and the "keyreminder" aren't working??Where /what should I check first.I found a 7.5amp fuse blown.replaced it and it immediately blew.Should I check those interior lights?one by one or??
PS: clock also is not working.
first issue with mine

Thanks in advance , Danny

dtwbcs
Car: 2003 PATHFINDER

And also automatic door locks.... :gotme

Karona
Car: '99 Infiniti QX4 (R.I.P)
'08 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

dtwbcs wrote:New to this site
I have a 2003 Pathfinder that I recently converted to led lighting from superbrights.Really liked the brightness. Worked fine for about a month. Anyways, now the intrior lights and the "keyreminder" aren't working??Where /what should I check first.I found a 7.5amp fuse blown.replaced it and it immediately blew.Should I check those interior lights?one by one or??
PS: clock also is not working.
first issue with mine

Thanks in advance , Danny
Most likely fuses being blown, in my QX4, the interior lights were on the fuse labeled "ELEC B" or something like that, I had trouble with mine blowing when I shorted out the lights while changing them (I couldn't be bothered to figure out how to change the sunshade/mirror lights without them turning on)

So it's possible that there is a short, I would check each bulb that you replaced and make sure they are still properly positioned..

If they are, you can try upping the fuse to a 15A perhaps, although it's obviously a risk..

Crockett
Car: 1999 Nissan Pathfinder LE

Do you know if the 1999 Pathfinder LE has a Glove Box light? I thought it did, but can't seem to find it.

Green Pathy
Car: 1996 Nissan Pathfinder SE, 4X4

THIS HAS A MISTAKE!!! i just pulled the dash on my 1997 Pathfinder; the bulbs for the speedometer and tachometer are NOT 74, they are actually 168. Now i have to order new bulbs and wait cause of this.... :mad:

rhondas
Car: 2003 Nissan Pathfinder 4 wheel drive automatic

The front turn and parking bulb is a 7443 for a 2003 Nissan pathfinder.
so when I noticed that you can push the bulb in the connect either way turn it 180 and it still fits, so I guess I was lucky wen I turn on the parking only just the longer thin filament lit up so it was right .
Can you push the bulb in either way 180 degrees and it wouldn't matter because the connector has only 3 wires where as the bulb has 4 connector pinImages coming out of the bulb?

AlanAZ
Car: 2003 QX4 rwd

2003 QX4 - shift selector in center console bulb - replaced with a led bulb a yr ago: 'Philips 194LED', 12v 1w, about 12$ for a 2 bulb package on Amazon.

Same size, shape and socket as the conventional bulb I replaced, which had a dark blue plastic cover (for a blue light), which I left off, thinking the white would be better. Possibly a mistake, the white is a bit bright and intrusive. In a couple of days, I'm using the 2nd bulb to replace a friend's 2002 QX4 bulb, and will move the cover over (if there is one), and can compare to mine.

IMPORTANT: to release the bulb holder, at the rear of the shift assembly, bulb points forward, turn anti-clockwise, it has an indent to keep it locked that you must move it out of. If I had known that beforehand, it would have saved me an hour of frustration.

AlanAZ
Car: 2003 QX4 rwd

Follow-up to the above post -- 2003 QX4 - shift selector in center console bulb.

I replaced the bulb in a 2002 QX4 today, the bulb was not dead, but very weak light from it, and I moved the blue plastic cover to the LED. Much better, the gear letters are light blue, and less bright and intrusive than the white. I'll have to redo my own QX4.

And a correction, the bulb points up mostly, and forward. Used a pair of needle nose pliers to unlock/relock the bulb holder.

Felix84
Car: Nissan pathfinder 2001

I also have a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder what types of bulbs do I need to change the lights?

jyeager
Car: 1997 Pathfinder

Green Pathy wrote:THIS HAS A MISTAKE!!! i just pulled the dash on my 1997 Pathfinder; the bulbs for the speedometer and tachometer are NOT 74, they are actually 168. Now i have to order new bulbs and wait cause of this.... :mad:
I can confirm this for my 1997 Pathfinder too.
I didn't read the whole thread carefully enough before ordering the 75s and I will also now be ordering 168s!
Thanks.

nrobn
Car: 2000 Nissan Pathfinder SE 3.3 221K miles

2000 Pathfinder SE 3.3 V6 R50 -- 74's worked great for me (FYI)... :) Night Display looks wonderful now thanks to you chaps. Thanks again!

5M0K3
Car: 96 240sx RB20DET

Thanks for the info!

stagnet04

Does the 2003 pathfinder have 74 bulbs too in the instrument cluster? Because if they come with leds already what would the part number be?
The glovebox bulb looks tiny compared to the 74 wwhp suggested Aswell. I’m a little confused right now lol
I ask just because the OP has a 2001 and it seems to be just a bit different

Micallen
Car: 2003 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4x4 V6

Thanks for this post! I only had 1 of 4 bulbs working in my AC. I bought (4) of the NEO4 LED's and replaced the bulbs. Now I can actually operate my AC in the dark! Plus, they are very bright and look great.

MisterH
Car: 1999 Infiniti QX4

Note about bulb type and sizing for QX4's. I was rather surprised to discover that they use completely different bulbs and the common replacement types like 74's and 168's are not used in all QX4's. The manufacture date is the key. For QX4's manufactured from 12/98-2000, all the bulbs in the instrument cluster are the same size; commonly referred to as mini bulbs. They have a a 3/8" base and are rated from 1.5- 3 watts. The more common 74's and 168's are much larger. The cluster illumination bulbs are 3W and there are five of them. Here's a link to the cluster PC board diagram that shows where each of the three different wattage bulbs are used on the circuit board:

https://www.infinitipartsdeal.com/parts ... 40f02.html

QX4ME
Car: 02 Infiniti QX4 4WD
11 MB C300 Sports
06 Honda Odyssey

Anyone knows if the PRND21 green color comes from the bulbs or from the cluster panel? I think green comes from the panel, and all bulbs are clear. I found some 74 clear bulb has a soft blue cap on it so it lights up blue. I don't remember where, on which car I found that bulb.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”