Nissan Keyless Remote Programming - Non-Intellikey

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
philipa_240sx

If you want to add additional key fobs (keyless entry remote) to your Nissan, here is the procedure. This should work with most current model Nissan's including the Rogue without Intellikey.

Please Note:- Make sure you have all the keyless remotes before you start. You have to reprogram every remote that will be used with the vehicle- It is possible to program the same remote for 2 or more Nissan's using this procedure. The only problem is you will be locking/unlocking 2 or more cars simultaneously... that could be interesting!- Intellikey users cannot use this procedure. For security reasons, you will have to go to a Nissan dealer for reprogramming.- The immobilizer portion of the key (ie. the anti-theft chip in the key) cannot use this procedure. For security reasons, you will have to go to a Nissan dealer for reprogramming.

Reprogramming is done at your own risk. I do not take any responsibility if this procedure renders your keyless remotes inoperable.

Rogue2008
Car: 2008 Venom Red Nissan Rogue SL 2WD Premium Package

So we have to still take it to the stealer to program the immobilizer transponder?

I plan to cut the key at ACE's, program the transponder at the stealer/locksmith and program the remote using above procedure.

philipa_240sx

Rogue2008 wrote:So we have to still take it to the stealer to program the immobilizer transponder?
Yes. The immobilizer and intellikey features can only be programmed by a Nissan dealer for obvious security reasons.

Be sure to bring ALL keys, intellikeys, and keyless entry fobs with you as they cannot simply 'add' a key.

Kudji
Car: Nissan x trail 2008

:confused:

phmichel
Car: 2013 Nissan Rogue S AWD
2017 Nissan Quest SV

philipa_240sx wrote:If you want to add additional key fobs (keyless entry remote) to your Nissan, here is the procedure. This should work with most current model Nissan's including the Rogue without Intellikey.

Please Note:- Make sure you have all the keyless remotes before you start. You have to reprogram every remote that will be used with the vehicle- It is possible to program the same remote for 2 or more Nissan's using this procedure. The only problem is you will be locking/unlocking 2 or more cars simultaneously... that could be interesting!- Intellikey users cannot use this procedure. For security reasons, you will have to go to a Nissan dealer for reprogramming.- The immobilizer portion of the key (ie. the anti-theft chip in the key) cannot use this procedure. For security reasons, you will have to go to a Nissan dealer for reprogramming.

Reprogramming is done at your own risk. I do not take any responsibility if this procedure renders your keyless remotes inoperable.
What "procedure" are you guys talking about? I bought an extra non-intelligent fob for my 2013 S as a spare. I found this procedure at NissanHelp but have not tried it. I copied this directly from their website - Use at your own risk:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nissan Vehicles Remote Key Fob Reprogramming Procedure
Project: Reprogram Remote Key Fob
Models: All Nissan Models

Note: The horn chirp can be disable by pressing the lock and unlock buttons simultaneously until the hazard lights flash, and no enable press the lock and unlock until the horn chirp.

Instructions:
1 Close all doors and lock all doors
2 From the door switch unlock the trunk.
3 Insert and remove the key from the ignition key cylinder more than six times within 10 seconds.
NOTE: Key should be withdrawn from ignition key cylinder completely each time.
NOTE: Do not rush the insertion/removal key cycling process. The side marker/tail/license lamps and interior illumination will flash twice when this step is accurately completed.
NOTE: At this time, the new ID code is entered and original (previous) ID codes are erase.
4 Manually unlock and lock the driver side door
5 Push any button on the new remote controller once.
NOTE: If there is only one remote controller skip step 6.
6 Additional ID code entry Repeat step 4 and 5
7 END.
NOTE: If you need to activate more than two additional new remote controllers, repeat the procedure on step 6 "Additional ID code entry" for each new remote controller.
NOTE: Entry of maximum four ID codes is allowed and any attempt to enter more will be ignore.

Read more: http://www.nissanhelp.com/diy/common/ni ... z3OiPcjSYi

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Return to “Rogue Forum”