Cracked Back Bumper - Options?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

So I noticed recently that I have a severe crack in my back bumper, something/someone must've smacked into it leaving behind a large vertical crack about 3 inches tall on the vertical surface of the bumper, and to make matters worse the two edges of the crack are offset so that you can see the foam in behind if you look closely.

Because of the nature of the material and the crack I'm thinking that it would be tough to repair, does anybody have any info about this? Also, any guess as to how much a whole new replacement bumper might be, maybe $1500, $2000, maybe more? Thanks guys.

philipa_240sx

The front bumper fascia/cover itself is not very expensive. About $200 USD from one of our site sponsors to the right =>

You just need to get a local body shop to paint and install it.

At that price, it's not worth trying to patch a cracked bumper.

Speaking of bumpers, I still have the huge scrape in mine from last summer. I'm still debating on whether I should just buy a new bumper fascia and get it painted.

Roguemeister

Where can I find a front bumper fascia/cover for $200? I looked over >>>but couldn't find one.

I might consider replacing my front bumper cover since I got that nasty chip in it.

philipa_240sx

Look here:

www.everythingnissan.com

Front bumper cover/fascia:http://www.infinitipartsusa.co...gid=0

www.nissanparts.org

Front bumper cover/fascia:http://www.trademotion.com/par...gid=0

www.crownauto.com

Front bumper cover/fascia:https://www.trademotion.com/pa...gid=2

Be forewarned, body parts are oversized and extra shipping charges may apply.

If shipping from the US to Canada wasn't so damned expensive, I would buy my parts online too. Unfortunately I have to stick with the dealer.

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

Hmmm, good info but my crack is on the rear bumper.....

Oh I just found it, looks like it's the cover can be ordered for the back bumper too. Too bad it still needs to be painted.

philipa_240sx

A good body shop should be able to take care of the paint at a reasonable price.

The rear bumper is a piece of cake to remove. A few bolts and some clips is all that holds it in place. I was thinking of just buying the cover, having the body shop paint to match, and replace it myself. Might be cheaper than having the body shop fixing/repainting the stock piece, install it, and losing the car for a few days.

RubenTheRogue
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD

Make sure the corner "tabs" where the bumper "wraps" around the body panels isnt bent. My shop put the new bumper on and then notices the "tabs" of the body were folded inwards, the bumper went over the "tabs" on impact, then popped back out. Had to disassemble the rear interior to properly straighten them.

okhawg
Car: 2009 Nissan Versa

philipa_240sx wrote:The rear bumper is a piece of cake to remove.
Do you have an resource/specifics on the removal of the rear bumper? I have a ding in the left rear that I can pop out if I could get to it.

thanks.

philipa_240sx

There are links to the service manuals in the Official Rogue FAQ.

Look for the EXT section for instructions on how to remove the bumper.

roadside
Car: Black '09 Rogue SL FWD (Canadian)

okhawg, you might also find some useful pictures and bumper-related information in the following thread:zer...npics

Elton Noway
Car: 2009 Rogue SL FWD Phantom White Black Cloth

And... if anyone finds themselves needing to replace a seriously damaged rear bumper... don't forget eBay... there are usually plenty of "used/blemished" ones to pick from. Some in better condition than others as you can see from this link:

http://desc.shop.ebay.com/i.ht...cat=0

Return to “Rogue Forum”