FAQ: How to reset the Airbag warning light

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
dj kev e g
Car: 08 Nissan Pathfinder

how do u get the airbag light to come off?

Leo2005

I got my airbag light reset at dealership for $40 but later on I found this info on ebay for $.99 Too bad i didn't find it before going to the dealership. I DID NOT TEST IT and I don't know if it is working. Let us know if it working. Phillipa...you may want to split this subject somehow.

philipa_240sx

Yup, the info LEO2005 posted is the same procedure found in the Rogue service manual. Basically it puts the airbag system into self diagnoses mode. Once you exit self-diagnoses (steps 16-18), it clears any fault codes. Good find!

eman5oh
Car: 2010 Rogue S 360 AWD

I have 2010 Rogue and I just installed my Sirius Radio in the car. To do this I did remove the factory radio to install a direct fm connection to the back of the radio. I also wired the power in to lighter power to leave the socket free for my gps unit. Any how when I was done I had a flashing airbag light on. A little research and I found that when I removed the hvac control panel that has the passengers airbag light in it and turned the key on to test things while this was disconnected most likely triggered the light. I tried the above and it did not work, maybe timing I don't know. Any how I found these directions that are a little easier to follow but more or less the same and it worked.

Try This, I got this from ClubArmada.com It worked for me.

Since some of you guys here are new owners I thought I'd save you a trip to the dealer once you start modifing your armada's. I'm not sure what set's it off (other than pulling things apart) but at some point you will likely end up with a flashing airbag sensor light. Here is how to reset it yourself.

1. Turn the key from off to on.

2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.

3. Count to 5 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)

4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.

5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.

6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.

Hope this helps.

robmil72
Car: 2008 rogue

Leo2005 wrote:I got my airbag light reset at dealership for $40 but later on I found this info on ebay for $.99 Too bad i didn't find it before going to the dealership. I DID NOT TEST IT and I don't know if it is working. Let us know if it working. Phillipa...you may want to split this subject somehow.
i just used the key method on my 08 Rogue. it worked!! dealer wanted $60 another wanted $130 to reprogram it. takes about a minute to do. thanks

digorf
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

followed eman40h instruction and worked by the the way. nissan rogue sl 2008

idelgado782
Car: Nissan Rogue 2011

Hey guys! I was messing around with my head unit and of course I turned the power on without plugging in the harness again. I was able to get it reset with these instructions and watching a quick video on youtube. I figured i'd also make a quick vid for people that learn by watching!

Thanks for the info and saving me a trip to the dealership!
Enjoy the link! http://youtu.be/SMpsYSBVxhs

Return to “Rogue Forum”