Power Moonroof Opening Issues

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
drWaLLs
Car: Nissan Rouge 08 / Altima 08

Does it seem like the moonroof doesn't open up all the way for anyone else? After opening up I can still move the cover some..

Superdave54
Car: 2008 Rogue

Funny you mentioned this. I swear that it used to open all the way. I just noticed that it now comes about 2-3 inches short of retracting all the way. Maybe I just remembered wrong.

bill875
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Indigo Blue / Premium Package / Fully Loaded

I have experienced the same thing too. It doesn't open as far back as the cover will go.

I have a question that concerns the Moonroof and you two may be the best ones to answer it.

Is the moonroof supposed to only open a little bit at a time? It seems that it opens, goes a couple of inches, then stops. I have to let go and press the switch again, it moves maybe two inches and stops again, then I have to keep repeating it.

This happened on my Chevy Impala, but was not by design.

Is this behavior normal?

roguemocker
Car: Nissan Rogue `08

bill875 wrote:Is this behavior normal?
NO, I too have the SL AWD and have no probs {as mentioned above} with my moonroof, it opens with a nice steady glide... "FYI".

HGS
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD / '97 BMW 328ic

bill875 wrote:Is the moonroof supposed to only open a little bit at a time? It seems that it opens, goes a couple of inches, then stops. I have to let go and press the switch again, it moves maybe two inches and stops again, then I have to keep repeating it.
Not normal. Mine opens all the way with a single push of the button. Don't hold the button down, just push it and release.

philipa_240sx

Try this:

From the Factory Service Manual:Quote »MEMORY RESET PROCEDUREInitialization of system should be conducted after the following conditions.• When the sunroof motor is changed.• When the sunroof does not operate normally. (Incomplete initialization conditions)

INITIALIZATION PROCEDUREIf the sunroof does not close or open automatically, use the following procedure to return sunroof operation to normal.

1. Close the sunroof if it is not in the closed position. It may be necessary to repeatedly push the switch to close the sunroof.2. Press and hold the TILT UP switch the sunroof will tilt up. Release the button.3. Press and hold the TILT UP switch again. Do not release the switch, keep pressure on it. After 4 seconds of depressing, the sunroof will full close.4. Initializing procedure is complete. Confirm proper operation of the sunroof (slide open, slide close, tilt up,tilt down.)[/quote]

bill875
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Indigo Blue / Premium Package / Fully Loaded

philipa_240sx,

You rock! That was it. I followed the procedure, and that took care of it.

What a relief to know it works properly once again.

Take care and thanks so much.

-Bill

philipa_240sx

I will add this to the FAQ.

Gzhou8888

Superdave54 wrote:Funny you mentioned this. I swear that it used to open all the way. I just noticed that it now comes about 2-3 inches short of retracting all the way. Maybe I just remembered wrong.
Exactly the same thing happens to me. Anyone knows why?

denrama

It didn't worked for me. According to him, we need to fully close the sunroof, push the tilt open button, push the tilt close button(nothing happens! you have to use other button to tilt close). Can anyone please confirm if your glass door and the hard sunroof align properly? like can you still push the hard sunroof window further?

philipa_240sx

The procedure is straight from the factory service manual. I am unable to confirm it myself as I don't have a moonroof. Did you hold the tilt open button for more than 4 sec?

njr

There is a space between the edge of the interior cover and the edge of the open moonroof on my car. I too thought they were flush originally but that is NOT the case now. It isn't a huge problem for me though I would like it to open more. However, I bought the wind deflector and HATED it. It blocks another third of the open space. I returned it to the dealer and he is going to credit me back.

Sam_nissan
Car: NISSAN ALTIMA

I have Nissan altima 08 with Moonroof , Everytime it rains there is water in the tray , tray is below the moonroof. Is it normal to have water in the tray ? has anyone has same problem with Altima or anyother Nissan vehicle ?

krtoal
Car: 2009 Maxima

I have a 2009 Maxima and the dual panel moonroof will only open the first panel. I have opened it before and both panels open, but for some reason now I cannot. I have followed the instructions in the manual, but it still will not open.

Any ideas?

philipa_240sx

This is the Rogue Forum. I would post this question in the Maxima forum, you may get better results.

bboard
Car: 2009 Rogue SL AWD Premium Iridium Graphite

njr wrote:There is a space between the edge of the interior cover and the edge of the open moonroof on my car. I too thought they were flush originally but that is NOT the case now. It isn't a huge problem for me though I would like it to open more. However, I bought the wind deflector and HATED it. It blocks another third of the open space. I returned it to the dealer and he is going to credit me back.
Ditto for me... there's about 1-2inch gap. Dealer is going to check out the motor and perhaps replace it when I take it in for service... we compare it with another Rogue and it's definitely not normal...

mauialti
Car: '05 Altima 2.5S/ '08 Rogue SL AWD

I also have the same problem on my Rogue. Took it the dealership today. They tried to re-program, it work okay, then back to the problem. They called the service tech on the mainland. No clue whats the problem.

seldomseen
Car: '12 Altima Coupe 3.5 SR & '15 Lexus GS350 F Sport

Can folks confirm that the moonroof on the Altima looks like the pic below when fully opened? https://route66motherroad2012.files.wor ... o-rain.jpg

Return to “Rogue Forum”