CHATROOM: XENON vs HALOGEN Headlights.

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
heyklunk

Was wonderin if the Rogue SL AWD has bi-xenons or not? (both high and low beams are HID)... any help is appreciated.
By the looks I'd guess high beams are halogen, like the fog lights.

EDIT: ROGUES WITH XENON HEADLIGHTS, WILL HAVE STANDARD HALOGEN HIGH-BEAMS & FOGLIGHTS - ImStricken.

amr40509

99% sure the highs are halogen

vox
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Anyone know if the headlights automatically turn off at some point if the engine is not running?

jaywhiz21
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue Gotham Gray SL AWD

vox wrote:Anyone know if the headlights automatically turn off at some point if the engine is not running?
From the manual (online at http://www.nissanusa.com/pdf/t...e.pdf)

. When the headlight switch is in the onposition while the ignition switch is inthe ON position, the lights will automaticallyturn off 5 minutes after the ignition switchhas been pushed to the OFF position.

. When the headlight switch remains in theon position after the lightsautomatically turn off, the lights will turn onwhen the ignition switch is pushed to theON position.

CAUTION. When you turn on the headlightswitch again after the lights automaticallyturn off, the lights will notturn off automatically. Be sure toturn the light switch to the OFFposition when you leave the vehiclefor extended periods of time, otherwisethe battery will be discharged.

. Never leave the light switch onwhen the engine is not running forextended periods of time even if theheadlights turn off automatically.

vox
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Thanks - that's great to know. I got used to a Chevy with auto shutoff and learned the hard way that my newer Sentra didn't have this feature!

gazuccio

SL is Xenon!!!! The lights are awesome and work better than anything I have had before

Mander
Car: nissan rogue

I don't believe xenon is an option on the s. but it's an otion on sl.

Elton Noway
Car: 2009 Rogue SL FWD Phantom White Black Cloth

Mander wrote:I don't believe xenon is an option on the s. but it's an otion on sl.
Sorry... I know this is an "OLD" thread but figured I'd offer some additional information.

To be more exact, Xenon is an only available on the SL "if" it is also a AWD model. Xenon "is not" available as an option in the SL models with FWD.

More strange: If you get the Premium Package Option with the SL AWD model, it includes the Xenon headlights "but"... if you upgrade a SL FWD to the Premium Package you'll get you get all the same bells and whistles as the Premium Package with the SL AWD model "except for" the Xenon headlights.

Evidently Nissan figured if you're maneuvering with all four wheels you need better lighting.

philipa_240sx

In Canada, Xenon headlamps are simply not available on the Rogue. It has nothing to do with laws or regulations, evidently Nissan Canada axed the Xenon HID's in favor of other options. ie. standard heated side mirrors, block heater, etc.

Personally, the stock halogen headlamps are pretty good. I can do without the HID's. If I feel the need for better illumination, I will upgrade to better halogen bulbs.

indyksrogue
Car: 2009 Rogue SL AWD

This is my second car that came with Xenon bulbs. The first was a Pacifica. I am not impressed with the Xenon bulb lighting. It is very white and bright but it doesn't seem to project and spread as well as the old halogen type. I have made an adjustment to the headlamp assemblies to raise the level a bit, this beyond the interior adjustment on the dash. We will literally see if this helps. I have a 08 Ranger with the common halogen bulbs and its lights do a much better job and don't seem to dazzle the oncoming vehicles.

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

indyksrogue wrote:This is my second car that came with Xenon bulbs. The first was a Pacifica. I am not impressed with the Xenon bulb lighting. It is very white and bright but it doesn't seem to project and spread as well as the old halogen type. I have made an adjustment to the headlamp assemblies to raise the level a bit, this beyond the interior adjustment on the dash. We will literally see if this helps. I have a 08 Ranger with the common halogen bulbs and its lights do a much better job and don't seem to dazzle the oncoming vehicles.
DONT LET THE PURE WHITE LIGHT FOOL YOU. you are simply being tricked by the yellower color that the halogens produce. yellow light helps color the roadway especially when wet- but thats nothing more than a trick = hence why yellow foglights are not standard anymore. trust me, you are seeing better with xenon bulbs.

but what is true, is that headlight reflectors are getting more precise where the light is projected too. the days of a simple reflector are gone. lights now a days are angled in very specific locations and thats it.

indyksrogue
Car: 2009 Rogue SL AWD

Thanks Im, I found that with some adjustments the lights are greatly improved.

Return to “Rogue Forum”