top mount manifolds

Discuss topics related to the CA18DE and CA18DET series engines.
boost_boy
Car: B12 sentra w/built CA18DET, B12 sentra w/fully-built CA18DET, S13 coupe w/ CA18DET, S13 hatch w/CA18DET, 2002 maxima SE

float_6969 wrote:Image

Let's all play nice, OK? They put me in here to moderate because nothing ever happens, don't make me lose my job, LOL!!!
A little action for a change :rotflmao. Better than folks saying "my car won't idle, please help"...lol. That requires moderation which requires us to work. What just happened is the cleaning lady started dusting off old furniture which causes a little sneezing, which cleans out your schnotts :bowrofl: which makes our forum fun again :). Love it

Cams
Car: 1993 Nissan 200sx CA18(DET) RS13
2002 Mitsubishi Airtrek JDM 4G63T (wife)
2013 Scion FR-S
2016 Infiniti QX50

I'll be the n00b asking non-sense that might never get answered. :slap:

Has anyone tried using the stock manifold in a top mount configuration? I know it would be a lot of work, flipping flanges and stuff, but couldn't it be possible? I don't have a spare to attempt it.

MeanGreenS13
Car: 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD

Cams, I think I actually tried flipping mine once when it was being torn down just to see if it would work and I believe the bolt pattern was wrong plus it moves the turbo way forward.

Dee and Ryan, you guys must have missed me huh... Aren't you glad I came back? It's been a while since I stuck my spoon in this pot and stirred it haha I'm here to educate from my mistakes and experiences. I found a successful way to do it that never failed on me in 10 years of owning S chassis. I saw some fatal flaws in the opposing suggested ideas which I tried to simply point out and was treated like I am an idiot lol You guys know, this ain't my first time around the block lol I'll gladly help anyone with anything I possibly can. It's all in fun and we needed to liven this section of the boards up! I still haven't lost my love for my little 1.8L :dblthumb: :woot:

mdb4879
Car: 1987 Nissan Pulsar SE (CA18DET)
1990 Nissan 240SX (KA24E)
1995 Acura Integra GSR

I've never tried flipping the manifold upside down, but I have turned the turbo around 180° on the manifold. The turbo stuck out really far forward, but just enough to clear my radiator (FWD application).

On the premise of building a manifold vs. reinforcing an eBay manifold, if one were to go through the trouble of building a manifold, but wasn't sure how far he wanted to take the entire build, would it be worth running a T2 flange and building another manifold down the road with a T3 flange when the time came? Or would it just be better to do it once and run the T3 flange from the start?

Return to “CA18DE / CA18DET Forum”