Took Delivery Of Loaded EX35

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
Apple Jack
Car: EX 35 Journey

Hi Mark,I looked at your picture again and the clarity is fantastic.Can you tell me what camera you used and are you a professional photograper?

starstreak

Apple Jack wrote:Hi Mark,I looked at your picture again and the clarity is fantastic.Can you tell me what camera you used and are you a professional photograper?
Thats funny. You too can take that good of a picture. Buy a PnS camera like a Canon SD550.

starstreak

When approaching the car, besides the "welcome" lights turning on, does teh car unlock the door for you when you touch the door handle? Or even though its keyless to start, you still need to take our your keys to unlock the car?

Dodgeyaussie

starstreak wrote:When approaching the car, besides the "welcome" lights turning on, does teh car unlock the door for you when you touch the door handle? Or even though its keyless to start, you still need to take our your keys to unlock the car?
The button on the door handle still needs to be pressed to unlock the car, then jump in, foot on the brake and push the button.

2wheelnut
Car: 350z Roadster

Wow, first time I heard of the EX, very nice... Might consider this as a replacement to my two seater when the time comes....

Mark Booth

Apple Jack wrote:Hi Mark,I looked at your picture again and the clarity is fantastic.Can you tell me what camera you used and are you a professional photograper?
Sorry for the delayed reply... starsteak is correct, that photo was shot with a Canon SD550 Digital Elph point & shoot camera (he peaked at the EXIF data in the photo! ). If you are considering a compact digital camera the Canon Digital Elph line gets two big thumbs up from me!

And, to answer the other question... Not a pro photographer but a serious amateur. The SD550 is my "quick, take a picture camera". My serious camera is a Canon 1D Mark II digital SLR and all of the neat accessories and lenses to go with it. Sucker weighs a ton but takes amazing photos (with a little help from me ).

Mark

Mark Booth

Well, today is one week with the EX35. Am I still happy with my purchase? Absolutely! In fact, on the way home from work last night, I called a friend of mine that is also considering the EX35 (he's the one that tipped me to the coming EX in the first place) and simply had to tell him how thrilled I am with the car. I love this car! It's the first 4-seater that I've ever been able to say that about. I've had several 2-seaters that I've fallen in love with but never anything with a back seat! Those "practical" cars were all about getting from point A to point B in as direct a fashion as possible. The sports cars, on the other hand, were all about taking the loooooong way to get from point A to point B. Well, the EX evokes the latter emotion! A dream to drive!!

Did I mention I love this car?!

Mark

Apple Jack
Car: EX 35 Journey

Hi Mark,Picked up my ex35 Jrny Monday. This was my Christmas present to me.The car is small but it is a joy to drive and all the toys has my head swimming. I will get thru it eventually. My phone works fine and am in the process of putting in my important numbers rather than the whole book. Next I will start filling up the hard drive with my cd's.I like the lane warning system and the beeps keep you alert.The nav system is superior to the one I have in my Mercedes. Still learning and my dealer is very cooperative in wanting me to know how to use everything.Keep the chatter coming as it is nice to have someone with the same car.

Dodgeyaussie

Apple Jack wrote:Hi Mark,Picked up my ex35 Jrny Monday. This was my Christmas present to me.The car is small but it is a joy to drive and all the toys has my head swimming. I will get thru it eventually. My phone works fine and am in the process of putting in my important numbers rather than the whole book. Next I will start filling up the hard drive with my cd's.I like the lane warning system and the beeps keep you alert.The nav system is superior to the one I have in my Mercedes. Still learning and my dealer is very cooperative in wanting me to know how to use everything.Keep the chatter coming as it is nice to have someone with the same car.
If you have any questions feel free to post them and i'll help out all i can.

FYI - The default setting for the LDW is in the "on" position. You can change this by pushing and holding down the LDW button for a few seconds, the car will beep twice letting you know that the default has been changed. Do the same process to change it back.

The Nav system by Infiniti according to JD Powers was recently voted the easiest to use and learn.

ChrisL

HI Guys , I also just picked up an EX35 for my wife last night . Slate blue , black leather ,premium and navigation packages All I have done is drive it home from the dealership , but I really liked it alot . I am very impressed with all that it has going on in it , I have alot to learn about this car but it will be fun .I will give you some updates on it as I start to use it some more . I was only able to get them to knock $1000 off the sticker price and got a bit beat up on an old trade in of a 2001 VW TDI but it wasnt terrible .This dealership had gotten I think about 6 EX's in and this was the first one that they sold .

Cheers ChrisL

TH808

I live in Honolulu also. I got a quote from the dealer and apparently they added market adjusted fee about 2k on top of the msrp. I'm wondering if it's too much like a dream to try to get it at 1k below msrp.....

Dodgeyaussie

TH808 wrote:I live in Honolulu also. I got a quote from the dealer and apparently they added market adjusted fee about 2k on top of the msrp. I'm wondering if it's too much like a dream to try to get it at 1k below msrp.....
See if you can get a quote to ship a vehicle from CA to HI...

michel
Car: 2008 fully loaded EX35 AWD Dark Currant and Stone interior

Mark,

your generous comments are very comforting. I am still waiting for my EX and you convinced me before the salesman has to.

I also want to congratulate you on your immaculate garage. wow do you know how to pamper your ride.

have fun, hope to show you my EX sooner than later.

Michel

Mark Booth

Thank you for the compliments on my garage. I did a "garage makeover" last year. Up until then, it was mostly open studs. I paid some pros to do the drywall and paint. I installed the electrical, cabinets and flooring myself (with the help of several friends). My wife teases me that if I had a port-a-poddy and fridge in the garage, she'd never see me!

Here's a shot of the garage without any cars in it. That photo is over a year old and I've since added about 2 dozen nostalgic tin signs on the back wall. Other than that, it still looks just as clean as it did then.

Mark

starstreak

Nice garage.

th808- Goodluck. You might get them to go lower. There was 3 out of 4 sitting there for about 2 weeks. Unless they got more in. My loss is your gain. After the low quote I got for my car, my car is worth way more than $32k (2007 GS350) they wanted for it. I know it would end up on the floor for about $42k.Anyways, Infiniti asked me to fill out a questionair about how things went. Needless to say, its not gonna be good marks. What gets me more ticked is they contacted my dealer about how much my car would be for a trade in. Dunno why they needed to do that. If Lexus figures out its my car, I'm gonna be ticked at Infiniti. I don't care what anybody tells me, I know treatment will be different next time I go in for anything at Lexus.

update: scrap that. They sold the $46k version. I wonder what was in that car that brought it up over to a fully loaded BMW 335i.
Modified by starstreak at 3:22 AM 12/31/2007

michel

My only dissapointment is the low road clearance compared with other SUV's I guess my wife won't be changig the oil anymore!

hehe

michel

sorry here is the picture

http://www.jokechallenge.com/f..._cars

Ciao for now

TH808

Hi Mark Booth,

I just took a delivery on EX35 yesterday, my car comes with premium package w/o NAV. One option from premium package seems to be missing on my car. I'm wondering if outside mirrors on your car tilt down on reverse?

Thanks,

Mark Booth

I have the technology package on mine, with cameras under each outside mirror. So, no, the outside mirrors do not tilt down or fold. Can't guarantee other packages don't do that, but I doubt it.

Mark

TH808

Hey, I got it to work! I have to position the side mirrors adjustment knob to L or R in order to make them tilt on reverse. It only works one side at a time though.

It is part of the premium package, I guess my sales guy just forgot to show me this feature.

Mark Booth

Well, what do you know about that! I thought you were asking if the entire mirror assembly titled down or folded in. But, sure enough, if you move the mirror adjustment knob to control one side of the other, that mirror tilts down when you put the car in reverse!

Thanks!!!!

Mark
Modified by Mark Booth at 11:14 AM 1/17/2008

michel

Hi Mark, got my new EX. have to work on the garage now!!!

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”