To Drift, or Not to Drift?

Nissan dominates the drift scene - Always has, always will.
Jala47
Car: 1999 Green Nissan Altima GXE

flohtingPoint wrote:DUDE THANK YOU! This is really a breath of fresh air. I'm glad there is someone else that thinks the way I think.

Recently I was gutting my car (removing rear seats, carpet, misc pieces of plastic), to lighten it, as I am building it for AutoX. While I was doing this, one of the people that stays in the same dorm that I do came up to me and was like "Hey, you a doriftor?". I calmly explained to him that not everyone that drives a rwd Nissan is a "doriftor".

Drifting is fun to watch and everything, but I liked it before Initial D became popular and everyone and their mom started trying to get a RWD machine and pose that they are Yamamoto or Ueo.
Well i doubt i'll ever drift in my 240 (mebbe someone elses lol) only cuz i don't have the sort of income to replace any of the parts (when i get it that is).

marshun

flohtingPoint wrote:hmmm... In his Kei Office S14, Tsuchiya is taking avg sized turns at an average speed of 60 KMH. What kinda turns are you taking Marshun, and what kinda stuff have you done to your car to make you drift faster than the "drift king" himself :rolleyes ?

those turns he was taking wasnt exactly HUGE. think about it. big turn faster drift. smaller turn. slower drift.

if you ever watch any option videos' theyre going like 80+ mph.

nice try smart guy

SmithSR
Car: 240sx

Try not to argue about something you saw on a video!

marshun

lol. thats what im sayin.

SmithSR
Car: 240sx

No, that's what you're doing.

Let's play nice here and if you're going to drift at least do it at organized events held within closed courses. These events are springing up all across the country now, so no excuse not to be safe.

barrigas14

drifting is all personal to a person...personally i don't find it too interesting. i get a nice high and all form it but really i get a high going 100+ mph into a hard right then transfer in to a hair pin left...exiting out...etc. drifting uses lots of the sames concepts of grip and grip uses concepts of drift. but going full sideways is not my thing. i get kinda mad when people in my club say...dude when you drifting...and flame me for not going to EVERY track thing in the world...other things come first.

drifts14x
Car: Cars, Motorcycles, Drifting

I'm a drifter too, I don't use mine for any SR20DET Capabilities because I don't even have one, but seriously, drifting is the most fun I've ever had by myself in a car. I had to learn my lesson the hard way though, drifting on the street cost me $300 that would have bought my racing seats about a month sooner. Be Safe

cwc2k1
Car: Stock Kouki in mint cond. RIP....now Zenki ridin...

I don't drift. Looks fun but I don't have an LSD or money to replace stuff if I break it or pay expensive wreckless driving tickets. The cops are jerks around here.

Onizuka
Car: 91 coupe w/s13 SR20DET 89 hatch w/s14 SR20DE

Many people compare drifting to ice skating, i dont know where in the heeeeeeeellllll that came from, but it cant be farther from the truth. I dont know what kind of "drifters" you have met, but the guys i have met are poor, hardcore, and all about just having fun with their cheap beat cars. Not exciting? I guess solo 2 is painfully boring for you.

I for one am not really a drifter, I have tryed it at a dgtrials event and I really sucked hardcore, but it was ALOT of fun, and im definatly going to keep doing it. Everyone is so quick to bash anything thats popular. Go buy a yugo, those arnt popular for anything.

Return to “Nissan Drift Forum”