Tired of seeing the same ol' hybrid swap. Quattro time.

V8 240sx? Sure! If either the chassis OR the engine is non-Nissan (i.e. SR20 in an RX-7 or LS1 in a 240sx), we've done it.
xFidelity240sx
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx - KA24DE swapped

So, I've recently discovered the Hybrid forum. Can't say I'm surprised that I'm seeing 2JZ/1JZ/LSX/etc everywhere.

So let's talk crazy. My favorite motors are the AAN or ADU Audi Inline 5 motors from an RS2 or C4-S4 Quattro. Inline 5, 2.2L Turbocharged sexinesses. And let's face is, the Inline 5 motor is one of thee most beautiful sounding engines IN THE WORLD. Sure a 458 Italia sounds fantastic, but somehow, that S1 Quattro that's flying through the terrain at a buck fifty is in a league of it's own.

I've only seen ONE swap done and I'm curious as to how it would all workout. I'm ultra curious about the fabrication and changing it from AWD to RWD. How would the tranny fit, would it be awkward? I've been looking at starting the layouts for a swap like this for the last few months and now I'm going to actually plan to get somewhere with it.

Not looking for trolls. Just a discussion about throwing around ideas and criticisms about this swap.

Razi
Car: Moo

You're going to need to do a lot of fab work, obviously.
If the Audi transmission is similar to how a Subaru one works, I believe some Subaru guys run a lock-up kit that locks the front wheel outputs and turns the tranny to rwd.
You could also get an adapter plate made to fit just about any transmission.

For the driveshaft, you can contact Driveshaft Shop and have them make you a custom driveshaft no problem.

It shouldn't be too insanely difficult since it's an inline 5 and there should be ample space.

Return to “Hybrids”