Tire shine???

From wax to washes, the Detailing Forum should be used for questions and ideas concerning exterior and interior cleaning and appearance
94_240sx
Car: 94_240SX

Is there any good cleaner for tires? I used some tire shine product which is really grease and my tires become brownish color over the time. I just want simple and clean looks.

dusred
Car: Previous Q45 owner, 09 Corolla, Ford F250 Diesel truck

Use Armorall "Tire Foam". It's just a simple tire cleaner. You spray it on and wipe it off and it leaves a natural clean look. I HATE the shinny look that just the spray on Armor All leaves; in my opinion it looks like you just sprayed WD 40 on the tire.

Here's a pic:

94_240sx

dusred wrote:I HATE the shinny look that just the spray on Armor All leaves; in my opinion it looks like you just sprayed WD 40 on the tire.
Yes, I hate it too and that's why I asked here. So, this foam gives natural look? Is there any spray on product that gives natural look? If not, I'll try this.

marlin29311
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35x

don't use any tire dressings - the vast majority of them break the rubber down and can lead to premature wear on your sidewalls. The best thing to do is when you wash your car, simply take the soap and clean them like that. Most tire manufacturers put a protective coat on the sidewalls at the factory to help them keep the black look for a long time - the dressings only break this down, giving you that "brown" look.

94_240sx

marlin29311 wrote:don't use any tire dressings - the vast majority of them break the rubber down and can lead to premature wear on your sidewalls. The best thing to do is when you wash your car, simply take the soap and clean them like that. Most tire manufacturers put a protective coat on the sidewalls at the factory to help them keep the black look for a long time - the dressings only break this down, giving you that "brown" look.
That sucks. I've used a couple of tire cleaning products and they look good first, but become brown over the time.

Zydeco
Car: The poster formerly know as -]sTm[-HeavyHips

marlin29311 wrote:don't use any tire dressings - the vast majority of them break the rubber down and can lead to premature wear on your sidewalls. The best thing to do is when you wash your car, simply take the soap and clean them like that. Most tire manufacturers put a protective coat on the sidewalls at the factory to help them keep the black look for a long time - the dressings only break this down, giving you that "brown" look.
This s very true, and one thing is that most are very slippery and could cause you to lose traction. Though I have never had a set of tires more then 7 months so thats not a huge deal to me. i just use simple green and a stiff brush to clean my tires.

index1489

Zaino Z-16 Tire Gloss

Return to “Detailing Forum”