Tire poll. What are you running?

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
Rocco1796
Car: 1998 Nissan Maxima SE

cooper cs4 touring...commuting 500plus miles a week....I needed a high mileage good riding and quiet tire..these have been all that and more--'98 SE with stock 215/55 16 rims

arunciks
Car: 2000 Infiniti I30t

Yokohama 520

225 R17

SUPERBWON
Car: 2000 Infiniti I30

Michelin Harmony
Last yr tires were a couple yrs old and sidewalls dry rotting very bad. Mich says its called ozone cracking and is failed to replace. Getting ready to go in fighting this week to get replacements. They are rotted really bad now, there about 3 1/2 yr old now and less than 20,000 mi. Wifes car, to/from work only. They better replace them this time or I'll be removed by force from sears again. Cops came over a battery once..lol I got my battery though.
Read many complaints on Mich and BFG tires dry rot causing sidewalls to blow out. A quick google of "michelin dry rot" or "michelin sidewall dry rot" if you dare proves its all their tires not just one style.
It will give you so many hits it will blow your pc up so be prepaired.

I live in the middle of the USA. I'm not in any high heat or extreme temps what so ever. Never used side wall shine on them.
Many many complaints have been filed with BBB, consumer reports and NTHSA and nothing at all has been done. This has been going on for several yrs from old complaints I've read. Too big to deal with? Was a website Michelinsucks.com but michelin stuck their lawyers on the man and he stated he didnt have enough money to fight them and had to take it down. There is a domain by that name but its dead so it could be true. Big money talks. I'm like all their other tire owners too, I'm also too poor to sue them......MICHELIN ABSOLUTELY SUCKS! Would not give ten cents for another set.
That only 2.5 cents a tire, Its still a rip off because they'll kill you! :bs:

Gerald H
Car: Current: 2012 Nissan Maxima SL, 2015 Nissan Murano SL AWD
Past: 1980 240SX, 1988 Hardbody, 1990 Stanza, 1992 Maxima SE, 1996 pickup,
1998 Altima, 2008 Rogue

This is a great topic; we constantly need tires and the landscape is changing all the time.

For 2012 Maxima SV: the stock Goodyear RSA's were The Worst Tire I Have Ever Owned. They would slide around in morning dew!! Lived in Maryland at the time, south of Baltimore. At 20,000 miles, I couldn't stand it anymore even though they had lots of tread.

Replaced with Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06. Got 40,000 miles, replaced with same. Great wet/dry traction, very responsive. Decently smooth on the interstate and can still carve some corners. It put the Smiles Per Gallon into that car like my '92 Maxima SE had.

Loved the description of the Falkens, but that was over 10 years ago. What about today?

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”