Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
370Z/28
Car: 370Z & Z28 *SOLD*
'13 Lexus IS250C F-Sport

Nice! :dblthumb:

Brad_G
Car: 03 350z Enthusiast

CollinM45 wrote:
Brad_G wrote:Very nice collin. I wish i had the time to do something like that with my car haha. It appears that you have the same fixation i do to the black and red color combo haha
Thanks man! Yea I've been free the last couple weekends so finally had time to finish the project.
And yea man love me some black and red! lol
Lol You really cant go wrong with those colors. Im about to have no free time at all seeing that as of monday I'll be off at basic training for the army. I think the worst part about that is I'll be without my car for so long haha. But when i finally get done with all that and have the car back I've got some very special plans for it that i cant wait to do lol :biggrin:

CollinM45
Car: 2003 Nissan 350Z

jsturges18 wrote:install my ings rep lip and ordered a motordyne 5/16 spacer :)
That spacer is definitely worth the $$$ :dblthumb: felt a huge difference after installing mine.

CollinM45

Took the car to Corr Performance in Kenner, Louisiana for an UpRev tune. Not too happy about the numbers, but the customer service was great and Corr is a great group of guys. Here are some pics from the session.

http://s1208.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... 9.mp4.html

http://s1208.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... b.mp4.html

370Z/28
Car: 370Z & Z28 *SOLD*
'13 Lexus IS250C F-Sport

Made a mess! :cry:

I tried to install one of Andy's overlays to the back of my car. I didn't do a very good job. :tisk: Now I have to pull it off.

I'm thinking about tapeing off that area and just spraying it with a semi-flat black bumper paint. Anybody else try that? I'm pretty good at tapeing off. I painted the black part of my Camaro's grill twice. What grit sandpaper should I use to rough up the paint? The blacked out look is great. I'm just sick that I didn't do a better job of installing. It is hard to get flat vinyl on a curved car. :squint:

catnipple
Car: 2007 z33
1990 s13 hatch (ls1 swap in progress)
1997 dodge 1500
2004 dodge 3500

finally got some nice weather, me n my girlfriend decided to go on a nice drive through a twisty mountain pass n i did the rear wiper delete... got the kit from rearwiperdelete.com took a bit, but the product was great n installation was a breeze.

before:
after:

the paint matched great and the black plug for the window blends in nicely also..
hopefully here pretty soon ill have a couple more small tweaks to the z, kicking around tossing a carbon roof wing although i think it might clash with the rear wing i already have i figured id try it any n see how i like it. also thinking about doing gloss black vinyl on the roof. will post pics with any progress..

catnipple
1997 dodge 1500
2004 dodge 3500

threw on a "z" front emblem with carbon fiber base :naughty: im too into carbon fiber n its beginning to be too much on my z but im gonna keep going anyway n take off what i need to in time..
this emblem looks good IMO, and i just really dont like chrome so this was my next best option next to shaving the emblem the right way..
heres some pictures..

catnipple
1997 dodge 1500
2004 dodge 3500

this morning i slapped some gloss black vinyl on the roof. it actually turned out pretty good for my very first time :yesnod shortly after the vinyl was finished i put on the roof wing.. i really like how it looks with the gloss black roof and i really dont like how the wing interferes with that lol so more than likely the roof wing will come off in a couple months. for now im gonna leave it on n see if it grows on me or not. i like the black roof so much im actually thinking about getting it painted when the vinyl wears off!!
anyway, heres some pictures...

catnipple
1997 dodge 1500
2004 dodge 3500

Nismo black aluminum shift knob..

jsturges18
Car: 1990 240sx hatch - totaled/parts car
1990 240sx hatch - replacement
2005 pt cruiser
2004 350Z

fresh paint :)

CollinM45

catnipple wrote:Nismo black aluminum shift knob..

Nice! same one my girlfriend got me. Heads up, it gets extremely hot if left in the sun!! I keep a small crown royal bag in my car to cover it, it helps a little :cool:

BusyBadger
Car: '92 240SX, '05 350Z, '13 Juke

CollinM45 wrote:I keep a small crown royal bag in my car to cover it, it helps a little :cool:
Is it the bag that helps, or what's inside the bag? :)

You could always wear a sparkly glove on your shifting hand and tell the heat to "Beat It!" :rotflmao

I know, I know...pretty awful (or should I say pretty "Bad"), I'm outta practice for one liners.

CollinM45

BusyBadger wrote:
CollinM45 wrote:I keep a small crown royal bag in my car to cover it, it helps a little :cool:
Is it the bag that helps, or what's inside the bag? :)

You could always wear a sparkly glove on your shifting hand and tell the heat to "Beat It!" :rotflmao

I know, I know...pretty awful (or should I say pretty "Bad"), I'm outta practice for one liners.
Both! lol

and that made me laugh! :rotfl

catnipple
1997 dodge 1500
2004 dodge 3500

yeah Collin you were my inspiration for the knob!! :dblthumb: i havent been in weather above seventy degrees with it yet but when i do ill keep that in mind!

so.. today i put some corbeau a4 seats in blue cloth in the z. the seats were nicer than i expected and i liked the material alot more than what i was expecting too. i was thinking (based on random google pics) that the cloth was gonna be more of a cheaper felt kinda material similar to the cloth found on no name seats, but much to my liking its actually a thicker, mesh kinda material. for anyone who wonders the same thing i did about the material heres a kinda up close look..
ill apologize in advance for the crappy cell phone pictures..

so the seats being made for tighter spaces did fit great n had good even spaces between the seats and the door/center console, and are a good deal lighter than the stock leather electric seats.
the issue i had was the brackets. i know aftermarket parts dont often fit too great (especially cheaper parts), but the passenger side brackets holes for the bolts to the floor were just not going to line up. off by a good half of an inch on the right most rear and front, it took some grinding on the two holes to get the bolts in. also the tab for the female end of the buckle was at way too great of an angle n had to be bent back towards the seat quite a bit to clear the center console and allow the brackets to be in the correct location to bolt down. that was all on the passenger side, but as for the driver side everything lined up great and fit great minus the fact that there isnt any hole for the tab on the floor of the car that fits into a spot on the stock brackets. i just hit the tab with a hammer lightly to get enough angle to clear the brackets to avoid any more grinding..

these really are small issues that are easily dealt with, i just expected a little bit better fitment.. overall i am happy with the quality of materials considering the price, and they look and feel great IMO!!

CollinM45

catnipple wrote:yeah Collin you were my inspiration for the knob!! :dblthumb: i havent been in weather above seventy degrees with it yet but when i do ill keep that in mind!

so.. today i put some corbeau a4 seats in blue cloth in the z. the seats were nicer than i expected and i liked the material alot more than what i was expecting too. i was thinking (based on random google pics) that the cloth was gonna be more of a cheaper felt kinda material similar to the cloth found on no name seats, but much to my liking its actually a thicker, mesh kinda material. for anyone who wonders the same thing i did about the material heres a kinda up close look..
ill apologize in advance for the crappy cell phone pictures..

so the seats being made for tighter spaces did fit great n had good even spaces between the seats and the door/center console, and are a good deal lighter than the stock leather electric seats.
the issue i had was the brackets. i know aftermarket parts dont often fit too great (especially cheaper parts), but the passenger side brackets holes for the bolts to the floor were just not going to line up. off by a good half of an inch on the right most rear and front, it took some grinding on the two holes to get the bolts in. also the tab for the female end of the buckle was at way too great of an angle n had to be bent back towards the seat quite a bit to clear the center console and allow the brackets to be in the correct location to bolt down. that was all on the passenger side, but as for the driver side everything lined up great and fit great minus the fact that there isnt any hole for the tab on the floor of the car that fits into a spot on the stock brackets. i just hit the tab with a hammer lightly to get enough angle to clear the brackets to avoid any more grinding..

these really are small issues that are easily dealt with, i just expected a little bit better fitment.. overall i am happy with the quality of materials considering the price, and they look and feel great IMO!!

Those seats look freakin SWEET!! I really like the color

They seem pretty comfortable too :shifter:

catnipple
1997 dodge 1500
2004 dodge 3500

Ahhh you're the first person that's actually liked them!! Yeah I'm loving the color, n they are quite comfortable. They hold you in a lot more than stock seats just like aftermarket seats should without having too big of bolsters so they're great for spirited daily driving. I know corbeau also offers an adjustable lumbar support too for some added comfort.

hitbychance
Car: 2008 350z
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 5.7L hemi

Stance True coilovers, g35 mud gaurds, spc rear camber arms, spc rear toe kit, 20mm ichiba v2 front, 25mm ichiba v2 rear spacers

BusyBadger

Nice...some major suspension work going on there!

hitbychance

BusyBadger wrote:Nice...some major suspension work going on there!
major P.I.T.A to do solo in a driveway lol

BusyBadger

Using goodies from my What's in the Box - Part 2 thread.

Well, not really the weekend by the actual days of the week, but the weekend based on my days and when it was done. :)

Off with the old...

...and on with the new...

Here are the stock rotors off the hub, check the outer lip and see how much thickness has been worn down in the area swept by the pads. I didn't measure it but I'm betting it's between a sixteenth and an eighth of an inch.

Also, need new tires, this is one of the fronts with the inner edge all worn down...

Extra helping hands!

hitbychance

:O that's quite a spider lol. I can haz your brembos?

BusyBadger

hitbychance wrote:I can haz your brembos?
The way my tires are all whacked out I'd almost consider trading my Brembos for all your suspension goodies! :)

Even though my Z isn't very mod heavy (brakes components, clutch & flywheel) I'm kind of a parts snob. If I can scratch up the spare cash I'll go with stuff from SPL later...but at what their stuff costs (totally worth it, it's great quality) it will probably be next summer before it happens.

catnipple
1997 dodge 1500
2004 dodge 3500

Spent some quality time with the outdoors over the last couple weekends. Its really nice being able to get away from civilization for a while..

Anyway! My girlfriend happens to be quite amazing, and got me a nice blue birthday present. I ended up hastily throwing them on Friday night, before getting a bit of rest for the festivities of the holiday weekend (including a pretty crazy mud bog, n seeing some long lost family).

Everything installed with ease, and the kit actually did come with two resistors (i hear most hubs usually only come with one) which was great. I'm loving it so far, even though i don't have a cage to crawl through :chuckle:

hitbychance

that looks sick! What did you do with the cruise and soound system buttons on the stock wheel?

catnipple
1997 dodge 1500
2004 dodge 3500

Yeah I think it looks a whole lot better than the bulky stock wheel :bigthumb: I was worried about the QR mated to a deep wheel pushing everything too close to my body, but it actually worked out just right. Now my arms are closer to a ninety degree angle with the wheel closer, giving me the optimal arm movement for steering.

As for the cruise, and stereo controls, they remain on the stock wheel.
It may just be habit, but I never use these luxuries anyway. I figured I could live without em unless later I decide to put the stock wheel back on for whatever reason.

hitbychance

catnipple wrote:Yeah I think it looks a whole lot better than the bulky stock wheel :bigthumb: I was worried about the QR mated to a deep wheel pushing everything too close to my body, but it actually worked out just right. Now my arms are closer to a ninety degree angle with the wheel closer, giving me the optimal arm movement for steering.

As for the cruise, and stereo controls, they remain on the stock wheel.
It may just be habit, but I never use these luxuries anyway. I figured I could live without em unless later I decide to put the stock wheel back on for whatever reason.
i guess i mean the wires for those controls,did you hide them?

catnipple
1997 dodge 1500
2004 dodge 3500

Honestly, I didn't even think about the wiring for the controls. I'm assuming they are run through the harness that also connects the horn.
This harness (that stayed connected to the stock wheel) is replaced with the included wire/gray plug that is used for the horn on the aftermarket setup. So all I had to tuck into the aftermarket hub was the horn wires, and the airbag/resistor wires.

catnipple
1997 dodge 1500
2004 dodge 3500

The black wire in the first picture is the wire connected to the gray plug that was included with the short hub. (forgot to snap a picture of the female end of the plug before i installed the hub) :facepalm:
You can see how i have the airbag wires/resistors tucked into the hub.
The only other thing left to tuck is the ground wire for the horn, that connects to the included "sandwich ring" that sits between the QR base and the hub.

Below you can see the little stock harness still connected to the stock steering wheel.
I could be wrong but, the reason why i assume this harness is also for the controls is because as you can see, it has a few different wires that must be to the cruise and sound. The replacement just has the plug, and the one hot wire for the horn.

catnipple
1997 dodge 1500
2004 dodge 3500

Installed Raceland coilovers, Kinetix front upper A-arms, SPC toe bolts, Megan camber arms (im cheap), and Cusco strut tower bar...

Still need an alignment, then i can test it all out..

hitbychance

nice suspension work! do the racelands have a lot of adjustment?

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”