The Official BS CHAT thread of gaming!

PC, Game console and Online gaming discussion forum
bmike818
Car: 2007 Z

just got my butt handed to me on Live playing SSFV.

positron1
Car: Project: 1993 Nissan 240SX Coupe SR
Daily: 2010 Honda Civic Coupe

Brutal Legend comes out today but not for PC...so is anyone buying?

positron1

Made it to the Alderney burrow on GTA IV.

bmike818

Im been stuck on the bank mission for months....everytime I die I stop playing GTA

......hrmmmmmm...rainy day, looking for the perfect game to play right now.

Ace Combat 6Blue DragonStar Trek LegacyFight Night 3OblivionBeautiful KatamariForce UnleashedToo HUmanDynasty Warrioirs GundamMarvael Ult AllianceForza 2Lego Star Wars 2Lego Star Wars completeProject SylpheedMass EffectNFS CarbonNinja Gaiden 2Gear of War 1/2Halo 3/ODSTHalo WarsPGR 3/4Armored Core for AnswerBattleship MidwayDragona Ball ZChromehoundsNinety nine nightsDDR UniverseNaruto RONGuitar Hero 2/3/AerosmithGTA 4Ridge Racer 6Perfect DarkFable 2Street Fighter 4Saints RowMoto GP 07Ghost Recon 2Burnout RevengeMadden 06

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

positron_ wrote:Made it to the Alderney burrow on GTA IV.
Pst. Borough.

marlin29311
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35x

bmike818 wrote:Im been stuck on the bank mission for months....everytime I die I stop playing GTA

Ace Combat 6Blue DragonStar Trek LegacyFight Night 3OblivionBeautiful KatamariForce UnleashedToo HUmanDynasty Warrioirs GundamMarvael Ult AllianceForza 2Lego Star Wars 2Lego Star Wars completeProject SylpheedMass EffectNFS CarbonNinja Gaiden 2Gear of War 1/2Halo 3/ODSTHalo WarsPGR 3/4Armored Core for AnswerBattleship MidwayDragona Ball ZChromehoundsNinety nine nightsDDR UniverseNaruto RONGuitar Hero 2/3/AerosmithGTA 4Ridge Racer 6Perfect DarkFable 2Street Fighter 4Saints RowMoto GP 07Ghost Recon 2Burnout RevengeMadden 06
I do not see Battlefield:Bad Company on that list....fail.

bmike818

I am counting down the days to Forza 3. I can't believe I can't get a Rensport Wheel stand right now because they are sold out. I guess I will have to make do with my makeshift racing wheel stand. (2 level desk shelf with middle shelf and backing taken out)

bmike818

just had an awesome Halo Wars game last night 2vs3. it was me and a Colonel versus two Generals and a Colonel. We won.

where my BS peoples at?

marlin29311

I'm here.

I just don't play the games you do

bmike818

marlin29311 wrote:I'm here.

I just don't play the games you do
that's some good BS right there!

dee_tymz_sl
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa SL Sedan

bmike818 wrote:Im been stuck on the bank mission for months....everytime I die I stop playing GTA

That's a lot of games. I have 4 and I only play 1. 1. Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (MK vs DCU)2. Street Fighter 43. Midnight Club: L.A.4. some Sonic game

The only one I ever play is MK vs. DCU

marlin29311

Current played games:

Battlefield Bad CompanyOperation flashpointBatman

Im considering buying borderlands, but i know im not going to have time to play it with forza, MW2, and AC2 dropping in like 3 weeks...

MinisterofDOOM
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Borderlands has tons of replay value, though...way more than any of those other games. Even just played solo. Then add in the coop and you've got endless longevity. Supposedly there are enough areas at certain levels that, combined with the different character types and the randomly generated weapons and monsters, you'll never really play the same game twice in borderlands. It's supposed to be crazy-insane fun when played with other people.

You'll still be playing Borderlands while those other games are sitting forgotten on a shelf.

Just to shed some perspective on the "time to play" thing. Screw imaginary driving and pseudo realistic shooters. Borderlands is a giggle-madly-with-your-friends, gore-ridden, don't-take-anything-seriously coop insanity fest. The other games might be fun, but Borderlands is the kind of game that leads to stories you'll laugh about 10 years later.

marlin29311

MinisterofDOOM wrote:Just to shed some perspective on the "time to play" thing. Screw imaginary driving and pseudo realistic shooters. Borderlands is a giggle-madly-with-your-friends, gore-ridden, don't-take-anything-seriously coop insanity fest. The other games might be fun, but Borderlands is the kind of game that leads to stories you'll laugh about 10 years later.
That sounds like Bad Company for me

I'm not really a fan of playing a campaign twice, even if it is "different." New game+ never really enticed me, as I already beat the damn thing once and I know exactly what's going to happen...the only difference being that head honcho over here ate his magic beans and got more HP somehow. I play the single player for the story usually...i usually enjoy the mutliplayer or a challenge system much more.

Kinda goes along with that gaming study you posted before - I enjoy winning more than I do looking around and replaying...I don't care much for my gamerscore or finding the purple hooded cape on the ground, I just want to kick your a**

bmike818

^

...I like collecting games, I regret ever selling or giving away my old consoles. I want to have a real Arcade room someday. (of course a PS3 wil be there to play BlueRay movies)....

Borderlands looks fun, I will pick it up if I see it on sale for $39.99.

Racing Games especially the ones leaning on the simulation side is best played with a Racing wheel. I had to get the Logitech Force Pro to play GT4 right, it was more fun than the controller and I can drive faster.

positron1

Still playing GTA IV, checked the Rockstar Social Club and it says that I'm at 63% completion. I think I know who that crazy f*****g serial killer is that's stalking Alderney.

Chaotic_Warlord
Car: Black 5 speed Swapped 1995 240sx

MinisterofDOOM wrote:Borderlands has tons of replay value, though...way more than any of those other games. Even just played solo. Then add in the coop and you've got endless longevity. Supposedly there are enough areas at certain levels that, combined with the different character types and the randomly generated weapons and monsters, you'll never really play the same game twice in borderlands. It's supposed to be crazy-insane fun when played with other people.

You'll still be playing Borderlands while those other games are sitting forgotten on a shelf.

Just to shed some perspective on the "time to play" thing. Screw imaginary driving and pseudo realistic shooters. Borderlands is a giggle-madly-with-your-friends, gore-ridden, don't-take-anything-seriously coop insanity fest. The other games might be fun, but Borderlands is the kind of game that leads to stories you'll laugh about 10 years later.
So basically it's Fallout 3 with vehicles, co-op, and multiplayer. Sounds cool, I'll wait until the GOTY edition comes out with all the DLC to get it. I have too much on my plate right now with MW2, FM3, and OFP:DR and xmas and my bday just around the corners I'll have those games to get through first.

In other news I went to local gaming convention yesterday and while I'm not as big of a geek/dork as most of the people there (they did have a freakin awesome collection of old school consoles set up for you to play though), I did get some hands on time with Dante's Inferno. It's just like God of War, but more violent, vulgar, and pushes that censorship barrier so much more. The level they had for us to test out was the Lust level of Hell and well I'll just let the video do all the explaining... Just a note, this video is very much NSFW.

http://www.gametrailers.com/vi...3?r=1Gameplay footage

Developers Diaryhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXZ0kWrZmVU
Modified by Chaotic_Warlord at 10:17 AM 10/25/2009

MinisterofDOOM
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Chaotic_Warlord wrote:So basically it's Fallout 3 with vehicles, co-op, and multiplayer.
Actually, not really. In fact Borderlands is sort of the antifallout3. Where Fallout is a deep RPG with weak shooting mechanics, Borderlands is a shooter with light RPG elements. Fallout 3 plays like an RPG. Borderlands plays like an FPS. Very, very different styles.

Chaotic_Warlord
Car: Black 5 speed Swapped 1995 240sx

MinisterofDOOM wrote:
Actually, not really. In fact Borderlands is sort of the antifallout3. Where Fallout is a deep RPG with weak shooting mechanics, Borderlands is a shooter with light RPG elements. Fallout 3 plays like an RPG. Borderlands plays like an FPS. Very, very different styles.
Oh ok, maybe I'll check it out. Can't say I'm feeling the graphics style, looks to cartoony to me.

MinisterofDOOM
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

The art style is definitely polarizing. It was not the original art style...the game used a more generic look for quite a while during development. When they changed to the new look, a lot of people weren't happy.

A lot of people really love it, too, like me.

It really isn't cartoony at all, though. Hand-drawn, yes. But it's still gritty and subdued and "desert wasteland."

marlin29311

MinisterofDOOM wrote:Borderlands has tons of replay value, though...way more than any of those other games. Even just played solo. Then add in the coop and you've got endless longevity. Supposedly there are enough areas at certain levels that, combined with the different character types and the randomly generated weapons and monsters, you'll never really play the same game twice in borderlands. It's supposed to be crazy-insane fun when played with other people.

You are the sole reason I got borderlands MoD. lol. I cancelled my forza preorder and got it instead...

So much happier.

MinisterofDOOM
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Glad to hear you like it. Makes me even more excited to play it (I haven't even played it yet! )

A few more hours before I get to play it. Stupid delayed PC release.

marlin29311

MinisterofDOOM wrote:Glad to hear you like it. Makes me even more excited to play it (I haven't even played it yet! )

A few more hours before I get to play it. Stupid delayed PC release.
Lol, I forced my buddy to get it too - now we're wrecking house at level 17 each...it's so much fun to play...I want more people!

Nali
Car: Datsun Nissan 280ZX

Deal of the day for any Steam Users

Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl is going for 5 bucks!.Yeah 5 bucks....probably gonna be the best five bucks you spend this year.....if you like shooters at all that is.

positron1

Nali wrote:Deal of the day for any Steam Users

Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl is going for 5 bucks!.Yeah 5 bucks....probably gonna be the best five bucks you spend this year.....if you like shooters at all that is.
Yeah, I'm thinking about getting this game, I watched the video review on Gametrailers and I hear people talking about it all the time. Is it good?

MinisterofDOOM
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

It's really, really buggy. I bought it when it came out, but it was so buggy I couldn't really do much with it. I eventually forgot about it. I didn't get to see much of the game, but what I did see wasn't particularly impressive. Poorly translated mission/quest descriptions and frustrating combat early on didn't leave a good taste in my mouth. I never had a desire to reinstall the game.

It got excellent reviews, though, and I've heard a lot of good things about it.

A sequel is either coming out soon, or already out.

It's probably worth $5 considering the great reviews. Maybe I'll have to dig out my disc and see if I can get it to run any better this time.

Nali
Car: Datsun Nissan 280ZX

MinisterofDOOM wrote:It's really, really buggy. I bought it when it came out, but it was so buggy I couldn't really do much with it. I eventually forgot about it. I didn't get to see much of the game, but what I did see wasn't particularly impressive. Poorly translated mission/quest descriptions and frustrating combat early on didn't leave a good taste in my mouth. I never had a desire to reinstall the game.It got excellent reviews, though, and I've heard a lot of good things about it.A sequel is either coming out soon, or already out.It's probably worth $5 considering the great reviews. Maybe I'll have to dig out my disc and see if I can get it to run any better this time.
Most of the bugs have been ironed out now and even with the bugs it was possible to see the gold on the otherside of the razor fence.With the bugs gone its just beautiful now.(hyperbole its a good game well worth 5bucks)On any of todays machines most of the technical hiccups never appear.

And yeah Clear Sky already came out(prequel) and now we are getting Call of Pripyat(sequel) Later...unless you speak russian, then you can pick it up right now(wish i could speak russian)
positron_ wrote:Yeah, I'm thinking about getting this game, I watched the video review on Gametrailers and I hear people talking about it all the time. Is it good?
For 5 dollars its well worth the money, id jump on it super fast if you are looking for a good shooter and are strapped for cash.

MinisterofDOOM
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Ahh, I see. I saw that Call of Pripyat was already out...but it didn't seem to be out. That explains it.

CoP supports DX11. I think I need to save my casholas for a DX11 card with my windows 7 copy on its way to my mailbox.

positron1

I'm gonna be broke what with all the games I'm gonna buy over the next three weeks or so..Borderlands, Dragonage, Modern Warfare 2, Left4Dead 2 and Torchlight....whew!

positron1

positron_ wrote:I'm gonna be broke what with all the games I'm gonna buy over the next three weeks or so..Borderlands, Dragonage, Modern Warfare 2, Left4Dead 2 and Torchlight....whew!
Plus I just bought Arkham and Need For Speed Shift off eBay a couple of days ago, got them pretty cheap but these games are gonna start to add up!

Return to “Gaming”