The Official BS CHAT thread of gaming!

PC, Game console and Online gaming discussion forum
Chaotic_Warlord
Car: Black 5 speed Swapped 1995 240sx

bmike818 wrote:Toys R Us has a crazy Halo ODST package. For $59.99 you get the game, a $20 gift card, plus a Halo 3 Rookie Action figure that retails for 11.99. (In-store special, check your local ads)
You halo fanbois drive me nuts, when I worked @ gamestop my manager was a die hard Halo fanboi that bought anything and evrything Halo related.

bmike818
Car: 2007 Z

Chaotic_Warlord wrote:
You halo fanbois drive me nuts, when I worked @ gamestop my manager was a die hard Halo fanboi that bought anything and evrything Halo related.

my ODST just shipped, due to drop tomorrow at my job at 8:50am

...next after Halo.....it's NBA2K10(LE)....Gran Turismo PSP.......Forza 3(LE).........COD MW2(console)...= broke

Nali
Car: Datsun Nissan 280ZX

Yeah i get my copy tomorrow at 1pm.The reviews for ODST arent looking too good(from non fanboy sites). They say its just more of the same with 2 extra guns.

Since i havent touch Halo since Halo3s launch for me its just a change of pace from all the COD i play, plus i get all the maps so maybe i can actually try this Online Halo everyone is raving about.

And finally on thursday the Forza 3 demo comes out! awesome.

Chaotic_Warlord

bmike818 wrote:...next after Halo.....it's NBA2K10(LE)....Gran Turismo PSP.......Forza 3(LE).........COD MW2(console)...= broke
What no Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising, shame on you. Seriously though you'll be missing out on a game that should be game of the year but will get passed by b/c of MW2 or ODST.

bmike818

......we'll see.....as it stands I have too much

I know Halo ODST will be short, I just hope it's not too short. If it weren't for that Halo controller that will match my console, i would have just taken the deal a TRU.

controller $50game $40Halo 3 expansion pack $10...justified $99 price tag?

bmike818

I guess everyone is playing ODST, the gaming formus has been kinda slow.

To the people who sold their Halo 3 game, if you buy ODST, the second disc is a standalone multiplayer experience...aka you no longer need the halo 3 disc to play online........Is it me or the graphics on the MP just got better?

Still haven't treid firefight.........send me an invite people...i should be on tonight

p.s. the "We are ODST" short film was awesome, free download...and speaking of free downloads...don't forget to download your free ODST premium theme...(its free for a limited time for Gold members)

Chaotic_Warlord

The new Wolfenstein game demo is now available for download on Xbox Live Marketplace. Downloaded it but haven't tried it yet. Looks like it'll be a good game from the screens and video's that I've seen, and ID usually makes a decent game.

Nali

Chaotic_Warlord wrote:The new Wolfenstein game demo is now available for download on Xbox Live Marketplace. Downloaded it but haven't tried it yet. Looks like it'll be a good game from the screens and video's that I've seen, and ID usually makes a decent game.
HAHAHA THe New Wolfenstein is an abysmal game, it wasnt made by ID it was made by Raven. iD probably gave up like 3 people to help with the Doom 3 engine, but its a Raven game at heart.

I played the PC version, which is supposedly the worst version(Strange i know), and honestly it deserves to be in the bargain bin. Its almost insulting that id let Raven rape the franchise like they did....but i dont consider the franchise raped because no one is gonna buy Wolfenstein so no one is gonna know the series has been destroyed.

OK maybe im being alittle bit harsh, the game is mediocre to the teeth, it does nothing particularly well, but it doesnt actually fail at anything either.

Basicaly if you have played any FPS and Prey, then you have played Wolfenstein. Its almost like Raven was scared to do anything adventurious with the game. They clicked off everything on the checklist of things that make an decent FPS in 2007 and left it at that.

Rather go buy Prey in the bargain bin and youll get a better experience.Oh an Multiplayer isnt even worth mentioning i doubt even XBL will be able to help this games below average multiplayer.

Chaotic_Warlord

I played through the demo for the 360 and I didn't think it was all that bad. The graphics are actually pretty good, the controls are simple and the gameplay isn't half bad. I liked it and plan to get it when it starts to go the price drop trail. Realistically it's not a bad game, Nali to say that the game is as bad as you are describing makes it sound like it's in the same class as Soldier of Fortune, Kane and Lynch or Army of Two, which it's not. Granted it's not in the same class as COD MW or Halo, it's definitely on the high side of the middle in my opinion.

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

Chaotic_Warlord wrote: on the high side of the middle
Has now been added to my daily vocabulary. Better than just saying "average".

Wolfenstein was average, or high side of the middle but nothing great. But like has been said iD really didn't do it, Raven did. I'm hoping for much more from Doom 4.

Been playing ODST over the past. Beat the single player campaign on Heroic and am playing it on Normal to finish up a couple of other achievements before tackling Legendary (that's going to be rough). I'm looking forward to some campaign co-op or some firefight but haven't had a chance to play it yet.

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

I'm getting pretty pissed off with PC releases this "holiday" already. Already two of the games I was looking forward to most have been delayed. Borderlands has been pushed to the end of the month (same day, oddly, as Torchlight, which is another action RPG I've been looking forward to). And Assassin's Creed 2 has been pushed until NEXT YEAR(!?!?!?).

Pisses me the hell off.
Nali wrote:HAHAHA THe New Wolfenstein is an abysmal game, it wasnt made by ID it was made by Raven.
Raven has a great history of doing good by id. I suspect there's more to it than that

bmike818

somebody get a firefight game going on peoples and when you do get it started...send me an invite.

...I am playing Halo Wars for now cuz I am sick....I can't play FPS gamesd when I am sick

Nali

MinisterofDOOM wrote:Raven has a great history of doing good by id. I suspect there's more to it than that
Yeah i was being unnecessarily critical about the game, cuz i thought it was going to be much much more. And it ended up being so mediocre, im just hurt.

Im actually playing through it a second time on the hardest difficulty "I am Death Incarnate"

This game is not worth the 60 bucks 360 owners would pay, and its already dropped in price on PC.Its def worth the 20bucks but only just.

P.S Raven is actually one of my favorite developers.Xmen Legends I&II, Soldier of Fortune: Double Helix, Ultimate Alliance and Heretic are still games i would be willing to play through again. I still even remember the Heretic cheats Kitty - no clipping, Rambo - all guns.

MinisterofDOOM
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Nali wrote:Yeah i was being unnecessarily critical about the game, cuz i thought it was going to be much much more. And it ended up being so mediocre, im just hurt.
I know what you mean. I wasn't expecting it to be spectacular, but I definitely wasn't expecting it to be as bad as everyone is saying it is.

bmike818

I will be on Halo Wars tonight

marlin29311
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35x

Random question - does anyone have the xbox 360 HD transfer kit? I need one...

bmike818

you should start a thread

....I am so lazy today. the bi-weekly car meet is tonight and I is so Lazy.....i rather play my Xbox...is that bad?

Chaotic_Warlord

Is it just me or does Brutal Legend look like it's going to be bad a**? I don't know if it's b/c of Jack Black doing the voice work for the main character, the awesome old school heavy metal soundtrack or just the game play itself but this look like it's going to be an awesome game. Just dl'ed the demo but won't get a chance to play it until tomorrow, will let you guys know what I think of it after I play it.

MinisterofDOOM
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Tim Schafer's a genius. I didn't realize there was a demo available already. I need to check it out.

Kalypso

I need a good fps game......

Chaotic_Warlord

Kalypso wrote:I need a good fps game......
Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising comes out on Tuesday, click the link in my sig.

Nali

Chaotic_Warlord wrote:
Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising comes out on Tuesday, click the link in my sig.
Thanks for the reminder i almost forgot.My PC is finally gonna get a decent workout, Wolfenstein doesnt even stress the PC in the slightest.I think it runs better than Doom 3.

Chaotic_Warlord

There is a video on youtube that is a graphics test using OFPDR but it's in German, though the specs of the PC's used is in english.

Kalypso

looks good

bmike818

maybe I have been playing Halo Wars too much, i woke up last night in fear of my last base being destroyed....then I realized that I was just sleeping....I was like WTF happened to my base? oh...i'm not playing

Chaotic_Warlord

Just played the Brutal Legend demo, all I have to say is this is a game that has been flying under the radar but OMG it is freakin awesome. If you like heavy metal, a good button masher, and Jack Black this is the game for you. Kinda reminds me of the days of Conker, Ratchet and Clank, and the old school beat em up platformers. Really hope I get this for my Bday or Xmas.

MinisterofDOOM
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

I definitely wouldn't call it under the radar. More like one of the most-hyped games of the past year...or really the past 2 or 3 years.

Chaotic_Warlord

I only said that Brutal Legend was under the radar b/c as much as I'm up on upcoming games I didn't hear anything about this until E3 this year. Oh and I'm still waiting to hear more about Rogue Warrior, I've been following it's progress for the last 3 years and even though it's supposed to be released this quarter I have yet to find any substantial proof that it will be.

Nali

I dont know if there are any Wii owners/players in here.

But you have to, have to pick up Oboro Muramasa.

For me thats the best Wii game ever, i stole my girlfriends Wii just to play this game. 6 hours in and im still having a blast.

Think classic Metroid/Castlevania mixed with Japanese mythology and some super eccentric characters. If you played Odin Sphere on PS2 well this is alot like that but better.

Simple gameplay, but is very rewarding once you figure how to keep combo strings going....i finish every fight with 100hits at least.

P.S. Use the NGC controller or Classic to play this game, its the only way to fully enjoy it.

positron1
Car: Project: 1993 Nissan 240SX Coupe SR
Daily: 2010 Honda Civic Coupe

Roman just got us a fly @$$ pad in the Algonquin burrow of Liberty City...contrary to what everyone is saying, I really like this game.

Return to “Gaming”