The Official BS CHAT thread of gaming!

PC, Game console and Online gaming discussion forum
bmike818
Car: 2007 Z

I was also a Breserker, I will try it out again thank to you. I just got really annoyed where my attacks can't block theirs...you know. I really did enjoy finding new armor and weapons. I really didn't enjoy the boss battle with Hel.

My coworkers laughed when i told them about the game. Nordic mythology mixed with cybernetic stuff......they LOL'd

I can't believe I died so much

Chaotic_Warlord
Car: Black 5 speed Swapped 1995 240sx

If any of you have played the first Army of Two game do you think the 40th Day will be better or be just as horrid as the original? Personally I hope they actually finish the game before they release it unlike the first one, then again I didn't think the first Army of Two was good enough to warrant a sequel?

Honestly I haven't bought an EA games since Mercenaries 2, have they stopped releasing unfinished games or are they still just dropping games that aren't finished to meet their over hyped release dates?

positron1
Car: Project: 1993 Nissan 240SX Coupe SR
Daily: 2010 Honda Civic Coupe

I beat Legendary yesterday morning....the ending leaves room for a sequel but since the game was so unpopular that won't NEVER happen...cool music though!

marlin29311
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35x

Chaotic_Warlord wrote:If any of you have played the first Army of Two game do you think the 40th Day will be better or be just as horrid as the original? Personally I hope they actually finish the game before they release it unlike the first one, then again I didn't think the first Army of Two was good enough to warrant a sequel?

Honestly I haven't bought an EA games since Mercenaries 2, have they stopped releasing unfinished games or are they still just dropping games that aren't finished to meet their over hyped release dates?
I actually enjoyed Army of Two....except I finished it before I was done eating dinner...WAY to short. I enjoyed the concept though and thought it was pretty well made...I might get the new one depending on how my game library is looking...though with Forza, Batman, MW2, and AC2 coming out and then Bad Company 2 coming out, I might have my hands full...

PS - Batman today!!!

bmike818

I just watched Dark Knight again last night. I would go to http://www.ebgames.com today if you're a Batman fan. I like it, it was kewl. and it was free

let me know if you know what I am talking about. (today only)

marlin29311

bmike818 wrote:I just watched Dark Knight again last night. I would go to http://www.ebgames.com today if you're a Batman fan. I like it, it was kewl. and it was free

let me know if you know what I am talking about. (today only)
That totally wasn't there at 9 am this morning... that's pretty sweet though! I'm excited to go pick it up later...

positron1

I got a copy of Damnation, installed and played a stage or so...better than I thought it would be.

Nali
Car: Datsun Nissan 280ZX

bmike818 wrote:I was also a Breserker, I will try it out again thank to you. I just got really annoyed where my attacks can't block theirs...you know. I really did enjoy finding new armor and weapons. I really didn't enjoy the boss battle with Hel.

My coworkers laughed when i told them about the game. Nordic mythology mixed with cybernetic stuff......they LOL'd

I can't believe I died so much
Berserkers are actually the hardest class to play. Cuz all the bosses are weak to commandos and other ranged classes.When you play as a commando or bioengineer the game is so much easier than when playing a zerker.

Also its not possible to block which is really annoying btw, you have to dive over/away from attacks, i only figured that out after playing the DEMO like 100times over.

Once you are high enough zerker to keep combos going forever and you learn to dive properly the zerker becomes an absolute beast, cuz he can mid dive slide attack.

Also, you should watch this mockumentary, its really well made.http://www.norwegianfilmcommit....html

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Nali wrote:But i agree TooHuman lacked polish, it makes me wonder if they even play tested the final product or just released it so they could make some cash back.
Honestly, I think that's exactly what happened. The game had been in development for almost TEN YEARS, running into all sorts of obstacles as well as being shifted across multiple consoles over the years. I'm frankly amazed that the bothered releasing it at all. Unfortunately, the same drawn-out development cycle that was responsible for the game being rushed and unpolished also meant it was very highly anticipated. And since it had been revised so many times (original game had NOTHING to do with norse gods) a lot of once-promised content was missing, leading to yet more disappointment. It would have been much wiser for Silicon Knights to just scrap the project and move on.

bmike818

where's the BS?

if I don't go to the Z meet tonight I should be on playing...whateves....I can't get into any game 360 game, I have been stuck to my DS (advance wars)

Chaotic_Warlord

I'm seriously bored of the games I have right now and since I have 3 games on pre-order I can't go get a new one until sometime next year. I started playing Grid again, but remembered why I stopped playing it to begin with, the controls are way too loose for my likes and the cars are different to drive, they either over compensate for oversteer leading to massive amounts of understeer or they don't compensate for it at all which leads to unintentional spinouts, plus the brakes suck donkey nuts on every single car, oh and the first couple of 24 hrs of Le Mans races were cool but having to do it at the end of every season is just rediculous, plus I can't see the track for s*** at night.

I can't wait for Forza 3 to come out, I need a decent racing game that will allow me to customize and tune my cars, Forza 2 just isn't doing it for me anymore.

I tried to play the xbox version of Operation Flashpoint: Elite on my 360 and was flat out denied, it even did an update before it told me no, I was saddened and went back to Fallout 3 which is doing nothing me for anymore now that I've found pretty much everything.

bmike818

I just saw the short video on Forza 3, can you say..... I AM SO EXCITED for Forza!

...I will be probably be on PGR4 or the Dirt 2 demo tonight. I am busting out the sterrin wheel!!!

any GH3 players? I need my coop achievement.

GH3 - 7.99GH2 - 7.99GH Aerosmith - 7.99

Wired Guitar $9

....bragging that I got Guitar Hero w/ 3 games brand new for less than $50....priceless

marlin29311

Arkham Asylum. Do it CW. Seriously. It's so refreshing and fun to play.

Chaotic_Warlord

marlin29311 wrote:Arkham Asylum. Do it CW. Seriously. It's so refreshing and fun to play.
It's going on my xmas/bday list.

bmike818

marlin29311 wrote:Arkham Asylum. Do it CW. Seriously. It's so refreshing and fun to play.
when I see it on sale, i shall make it mine

bmike818

I went to Gamestop to finally pre-order my Halo ODST CE, alas gamestop is no longer taking pre-orders...NOOOOOOOOO!

on another subject, I started playing my MotoGP07. This game rocks, other than the brutal learning curve, once you have mastered the controls, it's absolute joy. I also picked up Ninja Gaiden 2 finally, all I can say is "I need a new controller!"

positron1

I picked up Fallout 3 and started playing again.

Nali
Car: Datsun Nissan 280ZX

bmike818 wrote:I went to Gamestop to finally pre-order my Halo ODST CE, alas gamestop is no longer taking pre-orders...NOOOOOOOOO!
HAHAHA. lol, thats what you get for waiting so long.

But dont worry its not going to get sold out, plus Amazon is always there for you 1 day delivery FTW!.

After seeing the latest ODST live action trailer i got really hype for this game, its whats gonna hold me out till Modern Warfare 2 come out.

bmike818

....the game is not going to sell out, but the one w/ a SE controller will

....LOL I went to gamestop like 4 times in the month of August

Chaotic_Warlord

I'm not a big halo fan so I'll be waiting for it to come out as either a GOTY edition or when it becomes cheap, the multiplayer will always be full.

Anyone have Halo Wars? If so how is it really, put it on my xmas list as I don't have a RTS game in my inventory.

bmike818

I have Halo Wars and played the heck out of it. I like the game, but then again I like RTS games. Halo Wars was made by Ensemble Studios the makers of the Age of Mythology series, so you know the prodcution is top notch. This is actually their last game before they closed up shop. They had a farewell message on the credits.

Halo Wars is not as complicated as most RTS, but this is it's strenght. It reminds me of the simple fun that can be had with Star Craft. The single player story is OK. I spend most of my time in multiplayer, as most of the guys here that have me on their friendslist I was actually stuck on Halo Wars for months. I must warn you, multiplayer is though. You have people who don't know what to do and people who quit once their rush fails. My favorite is 3vs3. The game is very good IMO.

...you make me want to play Halo Wars, but this game is the main reason I suck at Halo 3( for the moment), since I was playing Halo Wars too much instead of playing Halo 3.

gingerbredman
Car: 93 SE hatch, ~260k miles on the clock, 15" Enkei 92s, still stock. 2009 Sonata bouncing on Eibachs.

This one time, on my buddies 360, I set up an all motorcycles race with guns*i think* on the interchanges.. it was fun, definitely interesting. oh it was on GTA4. I kick smash on Call of Dooty though

Someone loan me a 360 so I can just buy a game where I can get my 240 and go ka-t and stuff, and just leave my baby alone

I'm gonna have a game made.. Call of Booty: World of Whores

I would explain the game's idea, but I probably better nut ^I mean "not"But they'd be hot of course.

That'd be badass..

Chaotic_Warlord

gingerbredman wrote:This one time, on my buddies 360, I set up an all motorcycles race with guns*i think* on the interchanges.. it was fun, definitely interesting. oh it was on GTA4. I kick smash on Call of Dooty though

Someone loan me a 360 so I can just buy a game where I can get my 240 and go ka-t and stuff, and just leave my baby alone

I'm gonna have a game made.. Call of Booty: World of Whores

I would explain the game's idea, but I probably better nut ^I mean "not"But they'd be hot of course.

That'd be badass..
I'm sorry but that has got to be one of the stupidest posts I've read in a while.
bmike818 wrote:I have Halo Wars and played the heck out of it. I like the game, but then again I like RTS games. Halo Wars was made by Ensemble Studios the makers of the Age of Mythology series, so you know the prodcution is top notch. This is actually their last game before they closed up shop. They had a farewell message on the credits.

Halo Wars is not as complicated as most RTS, but this is it's strenght. It reminds me of the simple fun that can be had with Star Craft. The single player story is OK. I spend most of my time in multiplayer, as most of the guys here that have me on their friendslist I was actually stuck on Halo Wars for months. I must warn you, multiplayer is though. You have people who don't know what to do and people who quit once their rush fails. My favorite is 3vs3. The game is very good IMO.

...you make me want to play Halo Wars, but this game is the main reason I suck at Halo 3( for the moment), since I was playing Halo Wars too much instead of playing Halo 3.
I'm not a Halo fan boi so I'm absolutely horrible on Halo 3 MP, I own all 3 Halo's and actually enjoyed the MP on Halo 2, but the MP on Halo 3 just doesn't do it for me. Besides the people who play the multiplayer in Halo 3 are even bigger jerk offs than what you come across on COD 4 and COD WAW.

To be honest I'd get C&C for the 360 but I just never got the hang of the originals and as much fun as I would probably have I'd probably get reeeeallly pissed off about 1/4 of the way through and put it away forever, kinda like what I've done with several of my games, Kane and Lynch and Army of Two to name a couple (though I did beat them on their hardest difficulty).

I have however put End War on my xmas list, I played the demo before it dropped and why I wasn't entirely impressed (or was even able to figure out what to do) I did enjoy playing it. The main feature about End War that I would really like to utilize is the voice commands for your units, but I'd look like a complete retard to anyone who happened to walk by my room to go to the bathroom.

I've also put BF:BC on my my list of games I want, I'm hearing rave reviews all over the net even to this day, especially in all the chatter about OFP:DR, some people are saying that the gameplay of the 2 will be similar and others are saying that BF:BC's MP will turn out to be better, I just want to get them both and make a comparison of my.

For you PC gamers out there can I get your opinions of ARMA 2? I played the demo and my opinion was that it's a buggy game and they should have finished testing it before they released it, which also happens to be the feeling I'm getting from anyone who has done a review or played it.

MinisterofDOOM
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

EndWar has gotten some bad reviews but I actually liked it. As a strategy gamer I found it very simple, but it offers enough different twists to stand out and be interesting. One of the big benefits is actually a side-effect of it's simplicity: rather than the multi-hour missions in more hardcore RTSs like C&C, EndWar missions are short and quick. You get little bite size bits of strategy rather than a meal. Which gives it a different kind of appeal. I often give C&C a pass because I don't have the time to devote to a proper game. But that's never an issue with EndWar. It's a good casual "I need something to play for a few minutes" game.

The voice commands are some of the best I have had experience with (and I've messed with a fair amount of voice software, including the amazingly horrible early incarnations of IBM ViaVoice). The system still isn't perfect, though. It uses a rigid syntax structure that expect orders to be given in a specific format. If you try and circumvent that format, it'll get confused. But it's a very logical format and feels natural, so that's not a big issue. The main problem I had with it was getting it to recognize the supposedly supported shorthand commands, like selecting "all units." Fortunately, the controller interface is simple but still effective, and it can be used to fill in where the voice commands fall short without being awkward. The game uses a sort of "dashboard" unit/group selection system And you can input most commands with just the d-pad and face buttons.You feel a bit silly shouting voice commands for about the first 30 seconds, but after that it's just fun. And if you still feel silly that makes it all the more fun.

One of the other cool aspects about EndWar is that you don't have a full omniscient view. Your view is attached to a unit. You can cycle your view from unit to unit and you can even use special command units that give you special abilities, but you can never leave the view range of your units. It gives the game a very up-close and personal feel and sort of enhances the battlefield commander feel. You're not just some disconnected guy tossing out orders...you're THERE in the thick of it.

As for C&C, C&C3's interface for the 360 was actually fairly decent, and Kane's Wrath's interface is fantastic (a complete redesign and entirely different from the C&C3 interface). Even though neither comes close to the speed and ease of use of a keyboard and mouse for that kind of gameplay, the games are still very very playable on the console...which is saying a lot.

There's a demo for C&C3 on the marketplace you should check out. Sadly, there's no Kane's Wrath demo for you to sample the even better controls.If you're going to get one, I strongly suggest Kane's Wrath, as it's the superior game of the two even without the improved control scheme (though C&C3 is still great).But if you have a PC that was built within the last 5 or 6 years I'd recommend the PC version instead, as the games are just so much slicker to play with a keyboard and mouse.

I can't get the damned Arma2 demo to install properly. I have the version on the PC Gamer demo disc and the smegging thing keeps crashing on me.

Chaotic_Warlord

MinisterofDOOM wrote:I can't get the damned Arma2 demo to install properly. I have the version on the PC Gamer demo disc and the smegging thing keeps crashing on me.
I downloaded it and was able to install it just fine on my laptop which is running Vista Home premium x64 Bit, my problem with the demo was that though my laptop isn't by any means a powerhouse it still is running a x64 Bit OS with an Intel Dual core processor and even at the lowest possibly visual settings it was still impossible to play, the amount of lag was disgusting, it was like I was trying to run it on a computer running windows millenium with a Pentium 3 and a 128MB video card. After 5 minutes I gave up and haven't tried it again, I'll try again at some point and if it still doesn't work right I'm deleting it.

MinisterofDOOM
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

I'll have to find a download link for the demo. I thought I found one a couple days ago but it turned out to be a poorly labelled link to the ORIGINAL Arma demo.

Kalypso

im playing left 4 dead right now, and its hard as hell.

im playing on extreme, but still I just cant keep the zombies away... great game

high production value.

s0m3th1ngAZ
Car: 96' Miata
2014 Focus ST

Yeah, I forsook purchasing l4d because msot of my friends had it and i'd go over to their places to play...but with l4d2 coming out I will definately take the $50 hit this time.

Chaotic_Warlord

MinisterofDOOM wrote:I'll have to find a download link for the demo. I thought I found one a couple days ago but it turned out to be a poorly labelled link to the ORIGINAL Arma demo.
let me see if I can find the link I used for you.

Chaotic_Warlord

MOD here's the link I used.

http://www.arma2.com/arma-2-demo_en.html

I used the Steam portal. it's a 2.6GB file and that's before you unzip it. installed it's like 5 or 7 GB file.

Return to “Gaming”