the kids 240

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
raven2345
Car: 91 chuki

w00t for your son having the same name as me, and to you for being a baller dad!

sviellvoicae
Car: 1992 sil-40

Dattebayo wrote:I would be afraid of giving my son that turbo power before he was ready...

I imagine this is more of an excuse for father to have a hot kid's car
Turbo power? lol im sorry but i have an sr myself and at stock boost there is no power. my girlfriend has never drivin a manual trans before and learned on my car and takes it to work on days that i work on her car. she knows nothing of how to control a car. it does not take a car nut to know and understand how to drive one.

Dont worrie about this issue dad if your kid has somewhat of a head on his shoulders stock boost is nothing to worrie about. Looks like a kick *** father son project. keep us posted with any new pics of the swap we are pic whores around here

giodachamp
Car: Nissan 240SX S13 (180SX)

I wish my dad is like you

Ilvemynissan
Car: 240sx s13

Nice man, good luck with the build. How much did you pickup the car for?And maybe you should think about taking your son to a track and take a learning course. I am going to soon, but after I had my KA for a year and then got the swap done, I was so suprised by the power. He should really learn to controll the car before he even thinks about drifting. We don't want him killing himself or someone else on the roads, or the s14 for that matter. good luck i'm jealous.

sr20deTsomeday118
Car: 1991 240sx/se coupe

andy240sr
Car: 89 240sx w/ clean sr20det redtop

good job getting into it with your son. Damn, that's such a sick 1st car!

S14toRPS13

Ali 556 wrote:lol,

You calling the small SR a Beast.....?

Talk About Fan boy+Fan dad...

Cool Project...i'd go LSx Instead....

GL With Everthing

Ali

P.S

LSx mounts + Moded oil pan + Oil Lines (For Oil Cooler) And Some Fittings Are 1700$ Only And You Will DIRECT BOLT ON the LSx Into Your S14...And It's A Ready 310Whp With headers-Y pipe- Tune
LSx motor swap's are bad@ss, but you need to stfu with your LSx fanboy talk.

PS other obvious facts that you haven't stated, the SR has been proven motor for years.

THAIGER420
Car: 1991 Nissan 240SX SE

nice project. nice to see somebody else from the 614

gmac708
Car: :o)
1970 240Z
1972 510

To all...Thanks for the kind words.And yes, I am doing this for selfish reasons. I get to have months of fun with a cool kid and a cool car. They grow up fast.

Today I had the job of finishing up removing the engine harness. I had most of it out yesterday, but it wouldn't come out of the firewall. I had everything disconnected but it wouldn't budge. I ended up taking out the air conditioning evaporator and blower-motor assy.This kinda pissed me off as the AC worked really well and I didn't want to mess with it. Anyway... after I removed the blower, I had access to the clamp holding the harness to the firewall on the inside.According to the book I was supposed to remove the whole dash. I found a way through the side window vent, on the side of the dash, to access the top screw holding the blower in.TA-DA! Now I have to get the engine out and get to the trany harness.

Cam was just finishing draining the trany of all fluids. I see today he decided to wear a shirt. Maybe he is learning something!Don't need this...or this..or this.or thisWe are going with an aftermarket radiator for a couple of reasons. The SR has the top coolant hose on the driver side (would need a crossover pipe to the old rad) and the old rad has 171K miles on it and a new rad would look so cool .

And finally, we have*** DEATH OF A FART CAN!***

All this will be replaced with something a little more, how do I say it without pissing somebody off, GO and less SHOW!

And yes, I keep telling him to pull his F*&#ing pants up.

More to follow...Gord
Modified by gmac708 at 4:00 PM 10/2/2008

ThuG LyFe
Car: 95 S14

great updates!

lol i guess ur kid is going thru the "gangster" phase with the pants but it's all natural i guess.

JDMZ32
Car: 1991 Nissan 300ZX, NA, slicktop, 5-speed, red

ThuG LyFe wrote:great updates!

lol i guess ur kid is going thru the "gangster" phase with the pants but it's all natural i guess.
looks like you are too, tupac. [Thug LyFe]

jdefelic
Car: 1993 Nissan D21 Pickup

What a lucky kid.

Someday my son will be old enough to do that (he's 1 and a half). He helps me out now, brings me wrenches and stuff, but it is usually not what i asked for... or even the right type of tool...

mrgreeneyes
Car: ///M5
Parted Out Built S13 Coupe

aw man... i missed out on my dad helping me with my car... he thinks its a nuisance...

BUUUUT he just bought my 17yr old little brother a freaking mint condition ae86 corolla coupe...

so um. your son is lucky. i honestly wish my dad would take interest in my hobbies/passions (aka my 240 lol)

redclaw05
Car: 1993 s13 caged vert

for your upper rad hose.

get a 2002 dodge neon upper radiator hose. will work

ca18detgabby
Car: 92 s13 ca18det SOLD, 03 G35

very cool.

keep the kid safe though....... 171k on that suspension and breaks too.

200hp+ light car+ "I wanna test what I just spend 6 months working on"

well you get the idea.

def bad ***, will def do the same with my kids.

S13CoupeLover
Car: 1990 240sx hatch

Nice! im not really jealous, you remind me of my dad right now. he's helping me with my car and bought me my first car, but not the car i have now i bought this one.

when i saw that pic with your sons pants below his knees i thought tell him to pull up his pants then i read on and laughed.

for reall keep up the good work!!! you sit back and tell him what to do (that's what my dad does).

j_aguilar88

looks like a nice project, keep it up

s13 iDRIFT
Car: White s13 Hatch

looks awesome!! wish my dad would buy me those things!!!hahah keep it up!! GL

i240sx
Car: 240sx coupe

best dad ever..wish mine would understand me....i'ma cry now

greenmachine240
Car: 1995 240sx

i am with i240sx

my dad hates my car and what i want to do to it...he thinks that as long as it goes, then why spend the money to fix something that works.they just dont understand.

i am also young...16 and i am still in the phase of the sagging pants

well i wish my dad was as cool as you!!

you guys must have a really strong reltaionship!

lucky....ok i will stop talking now

karism
Car: 1992 Nissan 200sx. CA18DET

Hats off to you !

My dad also works with me on the Beetle project

1990RPS13
Car: 1990 rps13

very cool build...i wish my old man worked on my 240 with me...good job !

naladude911
Car: 2001 Infiniti QX4

too bad my dad isnt into cars...... nice work! what exhaust are you going to put on? Are you going to keep the OEM turbo?

JDM 4 Life
Car: 89 240sx SE & Mazda 3

Nice project you got goin there with your son wish my dad would have done that with me very lucky kid!!well keep us posted....

Kataki_
Car: daily 95 s14 autotragic project 92 nissan 240SX fastback rip93 fastback 1st car

Man thats nice your kid is lucky! i wish my dad was as nice as you are about the father son project car. mine just ditched me after getting ripped off for a sr priced ka..needless to say the has car moved very little:bash . props to a cool dad,and a badass car choice

Bumnah
Car: 1992 240SX, black. Bone stock.

All my parents every gave me when I was that age and in to cars was crap.

I still did it anyways.

Cool stuff.

k00laid83

dang this is great man! i remember having my first car at 16 its a 91 civic 4dr and i actually still have it....wow and im 25 now i really can respect a father that supports his son on doing things like this..my dad never really bought me all the parts for my car but he bought me my car and then i just took off with it and learned how to work on it on my own...but if it wasnt for my pops telling me i can't do it and i was going to mess it up i wouldn't know what i know now! or i wouldn't even have a rhd convo lol so when i think about it my dad pushed me by challenging me...his a cool dad because he never said no i cant work on my car here or anything like that so im lucky in that way!! SO OP MUCH RESPECT FOR YOU AND YOUR SON!!!!

gmac708
Car: :o)
1970 240Z
1972 510

After a few beers and staring at the KA I realized that I had run into a little problem with the air-conditioning. The KA compressor has the hi and low side that comes off the back of the compressor. The SR compressor comes of the middle and front and the belt pulley on the front will not line up. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

The mounting bracket from KA can go on SR but... Belts still not going to line up. I think I can use the SR hoses and splice them to the KA hoses. I will keep you udated.

Back to the car!

We got the drive shaft out. Left the aft one in for now. Going to get a single piece made local.Can you believe how clean and rust free it is down there!

OK, Cross member out. A small jack on the back of the trany.

Everything is undone, lets pull it!!!

Things got a little crazy and I did not get any pictures of the engine way up in the air, swinging around and trany fluid and anti-freeze draining all over Cameron and the floor. Lots of screaming and yelling and buckets and rags flying around. You are going to have to believe me that it was both very scary and kinda funny. We would not have made it over the front of the car without one of Cameron's friends Rusty helping out. Thanks Rusty!

Ta-Da! Lots of High fives!

I did end up bending that little bracket on the top of the firewall, over the engine, that holds the vacuum line for the power brakes. You can see it bent up in the picture. I read about it in one of the articles and said to myself "better remember to remove that". Well... I forgot, and now it is bent up. I can be bent back into shape but it could have taken out a few brake lines!

OK. Now to figure out what Yury wants.

I think this is itThis is the lower trans harness with the tach pickup. Going to have to sit down and figure if I have everything I need to send off to Wiring Specialties.

Just had to lower the new SR in place! Just had to do it. We are going to pull back out to assemble with trany.

Jeff at Heavy Throttle is sending the auto to manual kit. We will get that done this week and assemble the trany to the engine.

A few props for Nico.

That's it for today. Time for a cold one and turn on the BBQ.

Gord

Modified by gmac708 at 6:07 PM 9/8/2008

sil8tdrftr
Car: 240SX coupe, fastback, vert

nice verry nice.... its coming along beautifully keep it up guys

TrueVillan
Car: Black 95 Zenki

Dang this is awesome. About time the 240sx gen chat got something like this. Looks like you guys are having fun. Good luck with the rest of the project.

Return to “240sx General Discussion”