The Heat is On

1962-1965 Datsun L320 and NL320 forums - The truck that started it all in the US. All 320-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
Ohio L320

Just got this L320 last week.  The temperature gauge reads hot however, the truck does not appear to boil over.  Maybe the gauge or the sensor - not sure.

What is the proper Thermostat for the 65 E1 engine?

What is the proper Radiator Cap for the 65 E1 engine?

What temperature sending unit can be used for the E1 ?

How can a mechanical gauge such as a "Autometer" be installed on the positive ground truck ?  ( most of the gauges I find are for negative ground vehicles)

Thanks

Joe

Ohio L320

Update:  No heating problem after all.  Must have been the sensor.  I installed a new mechanical gauge.  I started the truck up and let her run.  The gauge would go up to about 180 and then I could tell exactly when the thermostat opened and relesed the block water into the radiator.  The gauge comes right back down as the radiator cools the water and then the cycle starts all over again.   No over heating.

The original gauge would almost instantly go up to the extreme and stay there indicating a hot condition, but the radiator would not boil over,  so I thought it could be the gauge or the sensor.   Fortunately, it appears to have been one or the other.

Joe

Return to “Datsun 320”