The Electronica Thread

Musicians and music-related topics are all right here in the Music Room.
vanquish2
Car: 92 240sx

I'm surprised I haven't heard anything about breakbeat.....

By far my fav......stanton warriors, dj icey (sometimes), dj baby anne, and localDJ (thats me)

Great stuff and much more then just a riding continuous beat like trance.

Went to Ultra Music Fest this year....completely sick and everyone should go...however, it made me realize I really don't like most trance. Axwell on the other hand put on an amazing show along with david guetta and none other then the prodigy!

mzeo
Car: RIP Coupe, RIP

That Datarock song sounds like Pop Rock ...

Kraftwerk and Psychic TV got me into electronic music when i was 10. I got into Electronic/Industrial when I was in jr high with bands like Skinny Puppy, Ministry and Front Line Assembly. I heard Orbital, Underworld and The Prodigy when I was in highschool, and loved it that much more.

I still listen to all that classic stuff, as well as D&B like Photek, Squarepusher and Aphex Twin. I've also been listening to a lot of House lately. Deadmau5 is one of my current fav's.

breadbox
Car: Red 89 240sx,Black 89 Koop, White 84 720 4x4KC

I was listening to a Kraftwerk original lp at a friends house the other day.

Wow i haven't seen anyone throw out Aphex Twin and Squarepusher in a while.

I love Aphex Twin. Ever heard of Bogdan Raczynski?

Make sure to check out Kornmanz mixes in the general chat.

.Smitty.

breadbox wrote:Dj Mehdi Feat half of Daft Punk Thomas Bangalter http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO-YCiGuWX4 Thought you might like the vid, lots of rice
Honest to God, I could not tell if that video was meant to be taken seriously or as a joke. Working out in your underwear, flexing his peck in the mirror with an oriental symbol tattooed above his nipple, and a decibel challenge with the winner getting sprayed with champagne? What the ****??

Anyways, I got into trance through Tiesto and although I still listen to trance, I'm big into House music lately. On my youtube play list I have a lot of Deadmau5, Adam K and Soha remixes, Eric Prydz (Pryda), etc.

Can't stand D&B. I like the fluid feel I get from trance, house, deep house, and the like.

breadbox
Car: Red 89 240sx,Black 89 Koop, White 84 720 4x4KC

I actually never watched the video. So the song is no joke the video may suck and I apologize.

Yeah I got started on some Tiesto, Armin Van Buuren, and Ferry Corsten.

I like where house started going in 2005, and now the electro sound is everywhere so I'm happy.

Return to “The Music Room”