The 2016 march to the White House

A place for intelligent and well-thought-out discussion involving politics and associated topics. No nonsense will be tolerated at all.
telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

Rogue One wrote:I am puzzled by your stance, which echo's that of other Democrats. After all, you've assured us that Hillary will be the next President, so why the concern if the next President chooses a replacement SCJ. Are you now indicating this is not the case? Or are you and the Democratic leadership intimating a lack of faith in HRC's ability to pick the right candidate to push through the left's agenda?
Don't be puzzled.

I still fully support Hillary as the most qualified among all those currently running for POTUS.
In the unlikely event that Hillary does not receive the Democratic nomination then Bernie is a perfectly acceptable alternative to shake things up in Washington.

Telcoman

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Nice dodge.

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

^^^^

No dodge by me

The dodge is by the republican candidates and the republican controlled senate

The president has the duty to submit a replacement supreme court justice.
The republican controlled senate has a role to confirm or deny
Lets see which one fails to do their job

Most likely our do nothing republican controlled congress

Telcoman

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Rogue One wrote:I am puzzled by your stance, which echo's that of other Democrats. After all, you've assured us that Hillary will be the next President, so why the concern if the next President chooses a replacement SCJ. Are you now indicating this is not the case? Or are you and the Democratic leadership intimating a lack of faith in HRC's ability to pick the right candidate to push through the left's agenda?
Don't be surprised. :yesnod In March last year, he said that Hillary was the only American out of 300 Million people fit to serve as Potus:
telcoman wrote:Out of over 300 million Americans only one is fit to serve as POTUS

Hillary in 2016
Then, when it started looking like she had some serious baggage, he changed his tune:
telcoman wrote:If Hillary obtains the democratic nomination She's got my vote.

If by chance Bernie or another Dem obtains the nomination they'll also get my vote.
To which I asked:
szh wrote:Clearly, you emphatically declared that the only American fit to serve as POTUS in 2016 is Hillary!

Therefore, if anybody else is nominated, shouldn't you not vote for them? :) Why would you vote for anybody who is not fit to serve as POTUS?

Z :chuckle:
without getting a response. :chuckle:

Telcoman will jump whichever way the wind is blowing for the Democrats. Doesn't think for himself, and is quite willing to vote strictly knee-jerk party-line for whoever wins the Dem nomination ... saying this (extracted from above ... my italics).
telcoman wrote:If by chance Bernie or another Dem obtains the nomination they'll also get my vote.
What a typical wasted vote ... I knew too many people like this when I lived in Massachusetts years ago. Sad! :rolleyes:

Z

telcoman

Another republican that won't be marching into the white house

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/21/us/po ... pe=article

“We’ve had enough Bushes” his mother, Barbara Bush, observed, prophetically, before her son had announced his candidacy last summer."

The last Bush handed President Obama a HUGE mess that this country has not fully recovered from.

Telcoman

szh

telcoman wrote:Another republican that won't be marching into the white house

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/21/us/po ... pe=article
Unfortunate ... :(

Even my Democrat wife recommended that I vote for Jeb. She said today that she actually liked him better than the Democrat candidates! Whoa! :gapteeth:

Now we won't know if she might have voted for him in the fall! :chuckle:

BTW, telcoman: my wife is a registered Democrat, and, yeah, she supported and voted for Obama (with a false-start for John Edwards one time).

But she is smart and votes intelligently ... not dumb party-line! She doesn't like Hillary or Bernie, so is thinking of sitting this election out. :yesnod

This fall, my son will be eighteen and will also vote ... he is going to register Democrat most likely. Yeah, discussions on politics are interesting at our house ... but intelligent, not irrationally one-sided. :chuckle:
telcoman wrote:The last Bush handed President Obama a HUGE mess that this country has not fully recovered from.
Quite the contrary, Obama enthusiastically dug the hole far deeper because of his policies!

Z

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2024 Honda HR-V
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

I found Jeb not quite as cancerous or as openly divisive a candidate as Trump or Cruz, but that's not saying much. He ran a terrible campaign, and came up short in most of the debates and interviews. Plus the "knowing what you know now about Iraq" belly flop interview made folks question him. Buh-bye.

Z: You can't deny Obama inherited quite a mess from Bush, which was not something that any president could erase with a snap of his finger. Though I do agree with you about several of his decisions being wrong. That said, working with one of the worst Congresses in history would make anyone in the oval office look bad. (Even worse if you follow the opposing party) FWIW, GWB faced the same uncooperative, overly partisan Congress and it made him look awful too, especially by Democrats. Welcome to 21st century US politics.

telcoman

^^^^^^^
Also remember Jeb was ashamed to put Bush on his campaign signs.
That in itself marked him as a loser

Telcoman

Bubba1
2024 Honda HR-V
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Untrue Howie. Jeb only ever said good things about his brother when asked. Jeb's record, and the things he had said were what did in his campaign. In fact, I'll bet if Jeb had publically bashed his brother, you would have labelled him a bad brother. You're as partisan as the Repubicans you condemn for being too partisan.

telcoman

szh wrote:
BTW, telcoman: my wife is a registered Democrat, and, yeah, she supported and voted for Obama (with a false-start for John Edwards one time).

But she is smart and votes intelligently ... not dumb party-line! She doesn't like Hillary or Bernie, so is thinking of sitting this election out. :yesnod

This fall, my son will be eighteen and will also vote ... he is going to register Democrat most likely. Yeah, discussions on politics are interesting at our house ... but intelligent, not irrationally one-sided. :chuckle:
Z
Well it is nice to hear that there is some intelligence in your family.
In our family both my wife and I are on the same page.
It is very hard for me to understand how any woman in 2016 could even remotely consider any republican that wants to deny women's healthcare, safe abortions, contraception, equal pay for equal work, and take away healthcare coverage for the 19 million that recently obtained coverage under the ACA.

As for your son, most young people that begin to study politics and the policy positions of both party's are not likely to gravitate towards the republican party that wants to insert themselves into the bedrooms of Americans and have no healthcare solution.
If your son ever wants to collect Social Security upon retirement, the republican party wants to help destroy it.

Telcoman

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

telcoman wrote:
In our family both my wife and I are on the same page.
It is very hard for me to understand how any woman in 2016 could even remotely consider any republican that wants to deny women's healthcare, safe abortions, contraception, equal pay for equal work, and take away healthcare coverage for the 19 million that recently obtained coverage under the ACA.

As for your son, most young people that begin to study politics and the policy positions of both party's are not likely to gravitate towards the republican party that wants to insert themselves into the bedrooms of Americans and have no healthcare solution.
If your son ever wants to collect Social Security upon retirement, the republican party wants to help destroy it.

Telcoman
How could they vote for Democrats when they flat out lie (and badly at that) about the Republicans and their stance on these issues?

Abortion Distortions: Democratic Ads That Misrepresent GOP Positions
In the 2014 fight for control of Congress, Democrats are sometimes using a tactic they’ve used before: Falsifying or exaggerating the positions their Republican opponents have taken on abortion. http://www.factcheck.org/2014/09/aborti ... ions-2014/

Democrats Distort the Facts on Contraception Debate
For instance, here's Rep. Diana DeGette explaining Democrats' legislative efforts on the bill: “Our main concern is making sure that women are not denied contraceptives while we sit around trying to figure out what to do." That implies that someone is denying women contraceptives, which isn't true.

Hobby Lobby's owners, and the owners of other businesses that supported them, weren't seeking to deprive their 13,000 employees of all contraception coverage in their health plans, just certain kinds that they had religious and moral objections to.
http://www.newsmax.com/Reagan/Democrats ... z40p3CffxR

FactCheck: A decade-old Democratic distortion on Social Security
or years, Democrats have been twisting Republicans’ positions to claim they want to “privatize” Social Security and risk your retirement on the stock market. http://www.philly.com/philly/news/polit ... uSW7q11.99

President Obama’s plan to cut Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid, predated his becoming President, though he didn’t talk about it when he campaigned for the job. (If he had talked about it, he wouldn’t have won the Democratic nomination; and he might not even have beaten the Republican candidate, John McCain, in 2008, since no Republican Presidential candidate has ever publicly campaigned to weaken what his Party nonetheless routinely contemptuously refers to as “entitlements.”) Everyone had simply assumed that no Democrat would want to weaken or reduce the crowning achievements of Democratic Presidents Franklin Delano Roosevelt and Lyndon Baines Johnson, not to mention of the Democratic Party itself. But Barack Obama wanted to do it; and he remains committed to doing it.
http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2014/09/ ... efits.html

Franklin Roosevelt, a Democrat, introduced the Social Security (FICA) Program. He promised:

1.) That participation in the Program would be Completely voluntary.
It's No longer Voluntary.

2.) That the participants would only have to pay 1% of the first $1,400 of their annual incomes into the Program.
Now 7.65% it's on the first $90,000.

3.) That the money the participants elected to put into the Program would be deductible from their income for tax purposes each year.
It's No longer tax deductible.

4.) That the money the participants put into the independent 'Trust Fund' rather than into the general operating fund, and therefore, would only be used to fund the Social Security Retirement Program, and no other Government program.
Under Johnson the money was moved to The General Fund and Spent

5.) That the annuity payments to the retirees would never be taxed as income.
Under Clinton & Gore up to 85% of your Social Security can be Taxed.

Since many of us have paid into FICA for years and are now receiving a Social Security check every month -- and then finding that we are getting taxed on 85% of the money we paid to the Federal government to 'put away' -- you may be interested in the following:

------------

Q: Which Political Party took Social Security from the independent 'Trust Fund' and put it into thegeneral fund so that Congress could spend it?
A: It was Lyndon Johnson and the democratically controlled House and Senate.

------------

Q: Which Political Party eliminated the income tax deduction for Social Security (FICA) withholding?
A: The Democratic Party.

------------

Q: Which Political Party started taxing Social Security annuities?
A: The Democratic Party, with Al Gore casting the 'tie-breaking' deciding vote as President of the Senate, while he was Vice President of the US.

------------

Q: Which Political Party decided to start giving annuity payments to immigrants?
A: Jimmy Carter and the Democratic Party. Immigrants moved into this country, and at age 65, began to receive Social Security payments! The Democratic Party gave these payments to them, even though they never paid a dime into it!

------------

Then, after violating the original contract (FICA), the Democrats turn around and tell you that the Republicans want to take your Social Security away!

szh

telcoman wrote:
szh wrote:BTW, telcoman: my wife is a registered Democrat, and, yeah, she supported and voted for Obama (with a false-start for John Edwards one time).

Z
Yep. So intelligent that she was considering voting for Jeb ... without closing her ears and eyes and voting blindly for Hillary or Bernie, even though she is a firm Democrat.

She detests dishonesty and that turns her off Hillary, and she understands Economics (her field of experience) and that turns her off Bernie.

And, although you may be surprised by this because of your bias that "All Republicans are scumbags" attitude leading you to insult and make snide personal remarks, yeah, I do consider myself to be at least her equal in the intelligence side.

I don't force her to follow my viewpoints and vice-versa.
telcoman wrote:In our family both my wife and I are on the same page.
As long as your wife comes to her conclusions on her own, good! Even better if she does not vote party-line without any thought.
telcoman wrote:If your son ever wants to collect Social Security upon retirement ...
A simple answer there. I was not relying on it when I entered the work force 36 years ago, and am not bringing him up to rely on it either, as being part of retirement.

Even if the SS system was in far better shape to able to be there for him and I, we are saving for our retirement ourselves.
telcoman wrote:... the republican party wants to help destroy it.
Way too simplistic. Destroy? Hardly ... :rolleyes: Would take too long to explain, and you would not listen anyway.

One point only though: it is the Democrats who moved all SS funds into Federal General Funds and removing delimiting it for people retirement. So, it has become a hidden source of money for pet projects for Democrats ... without oversight. That is the lack of transparency that Republicans want to change in government spending.

Z

telcoman

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

As we did back in the old days during Vietnam the younger generation is highly motivated ready to flush out the republicans that have been mucking up the democratic process during President Obama's two terms.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/22/opini ... inion&_r=0

"The youth vote’s biggest beneficiary by far is Bernie Sanders, who filled venues in Las Vegas with cheering young admirers last week, after winning more than 80 percent of this group in both Iowa and New Hampshire.On Saturday young people made up 18 percent of voters in Nevada’s Democratic caucus, 5 percentage points more than in 2008. Mr. Sanders again drew more than eight in 10 of these voters. Mrs. Clinton won Nevada with 52.7 percent, besting Mr. Sanders by 5.5 percentage points. But young people were largely responsible for closing what just a month ago had been a more than 20-point lead for her."

Telcoman

telcoman

Hillary takes another giant step towards the door of the white house

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/28/us/po ... -news&_r=0

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

telcoman wrote:Hillary takes another giant step towards the door of the white house

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/28/us/po ... -news&_r=0

telcoman

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/28/us/po ... v=top-news

"Despite all the forces arrayed against Mr. Trump, the interviews show, the party has been gripped by a nearly incapacitating leadership vacuum and a paralytic sense of indecision and despair, as he has won smashing victories in South Carolina and Nevada. Donors have dreaded the consequences of clashing with Mr. Trump directly. Elected officials have balked at attacking him out of concern that they might unintentionally fuel his populist revolt. And Republicans have lacked someone from outside the presidential race who could help set the terms of debate from afar."

Looking better and better for Hillary

"Republicans have ruefully acknowledged that they came to this dire pass in no small part because of their own passivity. There were ample opportunities to battle Mr. Trump earlier; more than one plan was drawn up only to be rejected. Rivals who attacked him early, like Rick Perry and Bobby Jindal, the former governors of Texas and Louisiana, received little backup and quickly faded."

Telcoman

telcoman

Another republican moving out of the way for Hillary to step closer to the white house door

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 252Bnation

"Ben Carson, the retired neurosurgeon who briefly led the Republican presidential race before his campaign began an extended public implosion, told his supporters in a statement Wednesday afternoon that he does not see a “path forward” and will not attend Thursday’s debate in Detroit."

Bye Ben

Telcoman

Bubba1
2024 Honda HR-V
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Howie, what are you gonna do if Hillary gets indicted? The justice department just offered immunity to her staffer that set up her private server. He had been taking the 5th up until now during inquiries. Not a good sign.

telcoman

Hillary is not going to be indicted!
Be careful what you wish for because Bernie is getting closer to the White House door.
The young college educated just becoming new voters are going to profoundly change this country.
The GOP is not attractive to them with their present platform.
The GOP is restricting and making voting more difficult is red states where there is no evidence of any voter fraud.
The GOP is not an attractive party to anyone with a decent education and follows politics.
Trump is attractive to mostly uneducated,uninformed, bigots, and racists.

Telcoman

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

~Hillary is not going to be indicted!
Only if President Obama pardons her first. Doing so would be the kiss of death that would prevent any Democratic party candidate's election.

~Be careful what you wish for because Bernie is getting closer to the White House door.
Not according to the polls. Even if Hillary does manage to get the nomination, Bernie's supporters have gone on record saying they'd not only NOT support Hillary, they'd cross party lines and vote for Trump (which apparently makes them uneducated, uninformed, bigots, and racists).

~The young college educated just becoming new voters are going to profoundly change this country.
Well, that's because they're turning out in record numbers for the Republicans, while their support support for the Democrats has waned significantly.

~The GOP is not attractive to them with their present platform.
The facts say otherwise. Young voters are coming out in droves thus far in 2016, but not for the Dems. Looking at the numbers from just Iowa, New Hampshire and Nevada, support for Republicans is up 52%, whereas it's down 23% for Democrats.

~The GOP is restricting and making voting more difficult is (sic) red states where there is no evidence of any voter fraud.
Details?

~The GOP is not an attractive party to anyone with a decent education and follows politics.
Insulting voters won't win you converts, or votes.

~Trump is attractive to mostly uneducated, uninformed, bigots, and racists.
Again with the insults. So are you saying the Democrats don't want their votes, or they shouldn't be allowed to vote?

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

The rats are getting in the lifeboats, Shrillary.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... story.html

Going to be hard to campaign when you get subpoenaed.

telcoman

Rogue One wrote:~The GOP is restricting and making voting more difficult is (sic) red states where there is no evidence of any voter fraud.
Details?
Pardon me!

I assumed (wrongly) that you as a moderator followed politics a little more closely.

I all you do is listen to right wing radio, Fox News, and other right wing publications you really do not know or understand what has been and is currently taking place in politics in this country

http://prospect.org/article/22-states-w ... ight-races

"Partisanship plays a key role. Of the 22 states with new restrictions, 18 passed them through entirely Republican-controlled bodies. A study by social scientists Keith Bentele and Erin O’Brien of the University of Massachusetts Boston found that restrictions were more likely to pass “as the proportion of Republicans in the legislature increased or when a Republican governor was elected.” After Republicans took over state houses and governorships in 2010, voting restrictions typically followed party lines."

"Race has been a significant factor. In 2008, voter participation among African Americans and certain other groups surged. Then came backlash. The more a state saw increases in minority and low-income voter turnout, the more likely it was to push laws cutting back on voting rights, according to the University of Massachusetts study. The Brennan Center for Justice likewise found that of the 11 states with the highest African American turnout in 2008, seven passed laws making it harder to vote. Of the 12 states with the largest Hispanic population growth in the 2010 Census, nine have new restrictions in place. And of the 15 states that used to be monitored closely under the Voting Rights Act because of a history of racial discrimination in elections, nine passed new restrictions.
Advertisement

Some laws are especially egregious in targeting how minorities vote. The push to shut down Sunday early voting in states where African American churches organized successful “Souls to the Polls” drives is a glaring example. Laws restricting voter registration drives are another such tactic. African Americans and Latinos register through drives at twice the rate of white citizens, and in recent years, civic groups have used drives to help close the racial registration gap—as they have for veterans, young people, and other less registered populations. Instead of embracing these efforts, Florida and several other states passed laws that make it difficult—and, before a court stepped in, impossible—for groups to help voters register. The result was a significant drop in registrations."

http://correctrecord.org/the-2016-gop-r ... ng-rights/

"Almost fifty years after the Voting Rights Act was passed, the right to vote is still under attack. Today, Republican presidential hopefuls are attempting to hijack our democracy by restricting the voting rights of everyday Americans. In states across the country, Republicans are pushing for restrictive laws that disproportionately impact turnout among African Americans, Latinos, working Americans, seniors, and America’s youth.

Some of the top names in the Republican field, including Marco Rubio, Jeb Bush, and Chris Christie, support limiting early voting, while others like Scott Walker and Rick Perry have enacted strict voter ID laws that make it more difficult to vote. If we do nothing to combat these discriminatory laws, the voices of hundreds of thousands of voters will be silenced at the polls in 2016."

http://www.thenation.com/article/gop-wi ... ar-voting/

" Since the 2010 election, the Republican Party has waged a long and aggressive war on voting. In 2011 and 2012, at least 180 new voting restrictions were introduced in forty-one states, with twenty-seven election changes passing in nineteen states. The attack on voting rights intensified after the Supreme Court’s June 2013 Shelby County v. Holder decision striking down Section 4 of the Voting Rights Act (VRA). It freed states with a history of the worst voter suppression from getting approval from the federal government for voting changes.

Following the Court’s ruling, laws previously blocked as discriminatory, like Texas’ voter-ID law, immediately went into effect. North Carolina passed the country’s most sweeping set of restrictions just a month after the ruling, and the swing states of Ohio and Wisconsin adopted new cuts to early voting. "

Telcoman

telcoman

Not exactly a liberal publication

http://www.barrons.com/articles/trump-o ... jemb_mag_h

"Trump or Clinton: Who’s Better for Investors?
Why Republicans will likely hold their noses and vote for Hillary in the 2016 presidential election."

"On the presidential campaign trail, Hillary Clinton has called out Wall Street for wrecking Main Street during the financial crisis. And her desire to jack up taxes on short-term capital gains isn’t exactly good news for the investor class.

Yet Clinton, the strong favorite to win the Democratic nomination, seems better suited to help the markets than the Republican front-runner, Donald Trump. With a Trump-Clinton race looking more likely after last week’s Super Tuesday voting, Barron’s has sized up each candidate’s positions on taxes, spending, trade, and other issues that directly affect markets.

Our conclusion: Clinton is the more investor-friendly of the two."

"Her recent rhetoric aside, Clinton’s moderate political instincts and left-center policy goals suggest a president who wouldn’t stand in the way of the financial markets. A fan of compromise and a knowledgeable Washington player, she might even be able to strike a bargain with House Speaker Paul Ryan and Senate leaders on tax reform.

Just look at the company she keeps. Many Wall Streeters, including Roger Altman, executive chairman of Evercore; Marc Lasry, chairman of Avenue Capital Group; and George Soros, chairman of Soros Fund Management, are supporting her candidacy and contributing to her campaign and political action committees.

“Hillary would be fairly predictable, and markets like predictability,” says Greg Valliere, the chief strategist of Horizon Investments and a well-known handicapper of the political scene. “She is a bit more moderate than Obama, and despite all the concerns that she would repeat the Obama agenda, she would be more willing to compromise,” particularly on efforts to lower tax barriers that prevent U.S. corporations from repatriating profits made abroad."

"Though some of Trump’s tax-cutting initiatives could potentially help both the economy and markets, those tax cuts coupled with his adamant refusal to address ballooning entitlement costs, such as Medicare and Social Security, would expand the national debt to the breaking point. On top of that, his call for heavy tariffs against China could cause a trade war that would devastate the world economy. In a cover story last fall (“Trump Is Wrong on China,” Nov. 14), we noted that Trump’s tariff plans were reminiscent of the protectionist policies of the 1920s and early 1930s that plunged us into the Great Depression."

Remember not only did Romney refuse to release his tax returns but his comment over the 47% led to his defeat

"Trump’s refusal to release his recent tax returns to the general public raises the question of what he has to hide. Normally, the failure of a candidate to release his tax returns would be a big deal, says Valliere, “but I think he’ll get away with it because he gets away with everything.” Clinton has posted the past eight years of her returns on her Website."

" SHOULD CLINTON WIN the presidency, investors can expect a president whose tax, spending, and trade proposals will be easily processed by markets, assuming they make it through Congress.

Clinton plans to encourage long-term investment by raising the short-term capital-gains rate on couples making more than $465,000 per year. She also wants to effectively raise the marginal income-tax rate to 43.6%, from 39.6%, on taxable income of more than $5 million, according to the Tax Foundation.

Her tax-raising agenda focuses on the wealthy and leaves most other Americans untouched. Republicans in Congress will probably oppose such a hike, but some Wall Streeters have spoken favorably of her plans.

By contrast, Trump’s more ambitious and business-friendly agenda cuts the corporate tax rate to 15% from the current 35% and consolidates the seven current tax brackets into four, with a top marginal rate of 25%, according to the Tax Foundation.

He would also create a special repatriation tax of 10% on the foreign profits of U.S. companies to encourage them to invest those funds in the U.S., as part of the effort to spur capital investing and hiring in the U.S.

Cumberland Advisors’ Kotok believes that Trump’s ideas for lowering taxes and bringing U.S. corporate earnings abroad back to the U.S. are appealing and could help spur some economic growth. “I would characterize it as a modernist version of the supply-side argument,” he adds.

But there are questions about whether this plan would create added problems for the economy while creating new jobs. A study of Trump’s polices by the Tax Foundation concluded that while they would cut taxes by close to $12 trillion over the next decade, the costs would also expand the federal debt by more than $10 trillion, a dangerous development.

And there are no guarantees that most of these repatriated profits will be put to good use. Indeed, past efforts to offer tax breaks or holidays to encourage repatriation haven’t always resulted in companies hiring millions of new workers in the U.S. or building new plants. A study by the nonpartisan National Bureau of Economic Research of the last U.S. tax holiday, in 2004, found that “repatriations did not lead to an increase in domestic investment, employment, or R&D, even for the firms that lobbied for the tax holiday stating these intentions.”

Then there’s the political feasibility of it all. “Our concern with Trump’s 15% corporate tax rate…is not in the policy merits, but in the politics,” wrote David Bahnsen, the chief investment officer of the Bahnsen Group, a wealth management firm, on Forbes.com. “Because Trump has offered no specifics about how to pay for it, and because we think he would face a very challenging relationship with Congress, we cannot be excited for this tax reform because we do not believe it will happen in its present form.”

For all of Trump’s bold talk, much of his plan to “make America great again” could prove to be fiscally impractical. And his aggressive tariff threats could cause turmoil with our trading partners, whether or not those plans see the light of day. The more temperate Clinton is promising less when it comes to revitalizing the U.S. economy and bringing competitors like China to heel. But sometimes less is more."

So the outlook for my 401k plan and Social Security is looking better for a Hillary presidency.

Telcoman

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

5 MORE STATES UP FOR GRABS TODAY
Early voting: 1,000 Democrats in single Ohio county cross over to vote for Trump:

About 1,000 Democrats in Mahoning County so far have switched their party affiliation to Republican with election officials saying several did it to vote for Donald Trump, the GOP presidential front-runner.

“We are seeing something this election cycle I’ve never seen before to this degree,” said board Chairman Mark Munroe, who’s also the county Republican chairman. “Every day I take phone calls or get voice messages from people saying they’ve been Democrats all their life and they’ve had it. They want to vote for Donald Trump. I’m surprised at the volume of inquiries we’re getting. It’s remarkable.”

A number of Democrats taking a Republican ballot when voting early at the board “say they want to vote for Trump,” said Joyce Kale-Pesta, Mahoning County Board of Elections director.

About 7,000 Mahoning County voters have cast early votes. Early voting started Feb. 17 and ends March 14, the day before the primary.

telcoman

^^^^^^^^
Rogue One

If you are going to post questionable political information at least provide the source .

Donald Trump has not brought ‘millions and millions’ of people to the Republican Party

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... ge%2Fstory

"A report from the Boston Herald before Super Tuesday cited the Massachusetts secretary of state’s office to note that 20,000 Democrats had left their party before voting began. A representative from the secretary of state's office confirmed to The Washington Post by email that this had happened — with 16,000 of them switching to be independents, not Republicans. That’s out of about 1.5 million Democrats in the state, incidentally."

"The state of Texas, the largest to vote so far this year, added about 250,000 new voters since November of last year — but that’s all voters, not just Republicans. We can’t tell from the state’s data how many are Republicans. In California, the largest state, Republican voter registration is “tanking,” in the words of the Los Angeles Times, with the density of Republicans in the voter pool falling 3 percent since 2012. What Trump giveth, Trump taketh away."
"Gallup’s regular polling on party identity doesn't see much of a spike for Republicans either."

Telcoman

telcoman

Another republican that won't be marching into the White House

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/15/politics/ ... index.html

Telcoman

Bubba1
2024 Honda HR-V
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

I think Rubio put the "stink" in distinction by losing the primary in his home state. That doesn't happen often in Presidential primaries. Though I suspect if Christie had stayed in the race, he would have lost his home state too.

telcoman

Bubba1 wrote:I think Rubio put the "stink" in distinction by losing the primary in his home state. That doesn't happen often in Presidential primaries. Though I suspect if Christie had stayed in the race, he would have lost his home state too.
Agreed!

Chrisie's rating in NJ are in the tank

He could not get elected dog catcher.

He has totally fvcked up our state

Telcoman

Bubba1
2024 Honda HR-V
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

telcoman wrote:He has totally fvcked up our state

Telcoman
I don't think he "fvcked up" NJ single handedly, the state legislature and state supreme court helped him do it.

telcoman

Bubba1 wrote:
telcoman wrote:He has totally fvcked up our state

Telcoman
I don't think he "fvcked up" NJ single handedly, the state legislature and state supreme court helped him do it.
Not really

http://www.nj.com/opinion/index.ssf/201 ... iver_index

http://www.nj.com/opinion/index.ssf/201 ... dex_topics

Another scumbag republican like Rick Snyder

http://www.nj.com/opinion/index.ssf/201 ... iver_index

https://www.rawstory.com/2016/03/watch- ... t-hearing/

Telcoman

Return to “Politics Etc.”