TG's TT swap thread! *officially started*

The Nissan 300ZX (Z32) general community discussion forum
GsaSlick
Car: 1994 N/A Slicktop 5-Speed

I'd sacrifice my first born son just for your spoiler.

tg

GsaSlick wrote:I'd sacrifice my first born son just for your spoiler.
I keep getting asked where its from... Somebody else has one on 3zc but has no idea where it came from either, lol. Based on the amount of times I've been asked about it I reckon there would be a big demand for one if it were to be reproduced.

GsaSlick

tg wrote:
I keep getting asked where its from... Somebody else has one on 3zc but has no idea where it came from either, lol. Based on the amount of times I've been asked about it I reckon there would be a big demand for one if it were to be reproduced.
I've seen three total yours his and one from Australia and I cannot figure out where it's from either, I'm batsh*t crazy about it too so it makes me sad lol. Too bad I don't have the means to have one produced. If you ever want to get rid of it I call dibskis.

Here's the Aussie with one:

tg

its japanese 100% sure, but I'm not sure of the brand.

GsaSlick

Yeah I figured that much, I like this one and the veilside that Edgar runs, but I'm pretty sure that's just a 2+2. Looks like I'm staying spoiler-less for the foreseeable future. :(

BTW Can't wait to see the finished car Tg it's looking great so far.

tg

GsaSlick wrote:Yeah I figured that much, I like this one and the veilside that Edgar runs, but I'm pretty sure that's just a 2+2. Looks like I'm staying spoiler-less for the foreseeable future. :(

BTW Can't wait to see the finished car Tg it's looking great so far.
You have no idea how anxious I am to see it doen! Still missing a front bumper, but the rest will be ready :D

SarahLovesHer300zx
Car: 1989 JDM z32TT 2+2, 2012 R1, 2007 Xterra Off Road 6mt

SarahLovesHer300zx wrote:
HOLY PURPLE WINDOW TINT!
Yeah its dark dark purple (5%). I like it cause at night it looks like everybody has 9000K HID's.[/quote]

Ive got 5% too, but its black.. ive heard that if you clean tinted windows with window cleaner (instead of just H2O) some chemical in it will turn the tint purple.. is that what happened to yours or did you knowingly choose purple?

tg

HOLY PURPLE WINDOW TINT!

Ive got 5% too, but its black.. ive heard that if you clean tinted windows with window cleaner (instead of just H2O) some chemical in it will turn the tint purple.. is that what happened to yours or did you knowingly choose purple?
It was on it when i got the car but after having been to Japan, I wouldn't be surprised if it was originally purple.

sodtoast
Car: 1991 2+2 300zx

ahhhhhhhh i need a real job stupid economy
hopefully my z32 will be this badass one day

JDMZ32
Car: 1991 Nissan 300ZX, NA, slicktop, 5-speed, red

car nut wrote:Definitely a BMW Z1. Very rare.
RAD!

jedijeff123
Car: 1993 Ultra Red 300ZX N/A 2+2(SOLD), 1990 Aztec Red 300ZX Twin Turbo(Temporarily providing a home for a VH45DE)

TG....UPDATES!!!!!!

BigTDogg (MA)
Car: 1990 300ZX Twin Turbo

tg wrote: Image
If you look here you can see the fenders are built out to accommodate a wider rim, in this case I think wags has 13" wide rims on a 4" wider fender, but I'm not 100% sure of those figures.
Man I miss that model :crazy:

TT.net member DVDBurn has that car now, specs as follows:

Wheels:
HRE fully polished 540
Front: 18x9
Rear: 18x12

Tires:
Michelin Pilot Sport C1's
Front: 265/35/18
Rear: 335/30/18

OK, absolutely not starting s***, just looking out for you and your car. Have you verified the 300° fuel rails you received were authentic 300° fuel rails? I'm sure you may have heard, but if you didn't, CZP was caught (and admitted to) making fake 300° fuel rails and selling them as authentic. You can get more info on the 300° website.

Are you running everything on a stock bottom end? I hadn't seen anything about a rebuild.

You mentioned you were looking for a air fuel controller. The Apexi SAFC-II is great, but the Neo is supposed to be better. I haven't personally played with it, but it's got more flexability. Nistune is the best option, and gives you the most tuning ability.

Great work with the build, can't wait to see the finished product.

AchilleZ32
Car: 1990 Nissan Z32

tg wrote:
I believe that might be a Tommy Kaira spoiler? Andy has one and it looks similar to yours.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... s%3Disch:1

GsaSlick

BeastZ32 wrote:
I believe that might be a Tommy Kaira spoiler? Andy has one and it looks similar to yours.

Invaluable information, I think you're absolutely correct. I've got some lurking to do on the Aussie site now see if I can trade my left nut for one. Thanks a lot Beast.

Also, I want to see TGsZ!

tg

BeastZ32 wrote:
tg wrote:

Not the same, doesn't have the bridge in the middle or the third brake light:)
Last edited by tg on Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tg

BigTDogg (MA) wrote:
tg wrote: Image
If you look here you can see the fenders are built out to accommodate a wider rim, in this case I think wags has 13" wide rims on a 4" wider fender, but I'm not 100% sure of those figures.
Man I miss that model :crazy:

TT.net member DVDBurn has that car now, specs as follows:

Wheels:
HRE fully polished 540
Front: 18x9
Rear: 18x12

Tires:
Michelin Pilot Sport C1's
Front: 265/35/18
Rear: 335/30/18

OK, absolutely not starting s***, just looking out for you and your car. Have you verified the 300° fuel rails you received were authentic 300° fuel rails? I'm sure you may have heard, but if you didn't, CZP was caught (and admitted to) making fake 300° fuel rails and selling them as authentic. You can get more info on the 300° website.

Are you running everything on a stock bottom end? I hadn't seen anything about a rebuild.

You mentioned you were looking for a air fuel controller. The Apexi SAFC-II is great, but the Neo is supposed to be better. I haven't personally played with it, but it's got more flexability. Nistune is the best option, and gives you the most tuning ability.

Great work with the build, can't wait to see the finished product.
IPP stage 6 longblock, so not the stock bottom end.. the need for an AFC has been taken away by a tunable skyline ECU, so no need for it any more. Once it is tuned it will be good to go. The fuel rails are genuine, they were bought after said event.

Anyways, went by the shop today to check up... :D

(If anybody is wondering, this kit DOES NOT come like this... the division under the front of the doors for the fenders was custom so I can remove the fenders without scrapping the kit, as this would not be possible with the way the kit was put on wagz' car. Also, the rear bumper was matched to the body panels too so it could be removed with bolts like a stock bumper, it's not in the pics cause it is still getting the fitment perfect before putting it on.)

DCaff300ZX
Car: .
1993 CRP TT- Modified

Damn TG, LOVE the way the rear fenders blend into everything one piece and her "hips" she has now...VERY sexy!
Nice touches too like the fuel cap, and I really like the small brake ducts...are they functional?

tg

DCaff300ZX wrote:Damn TG, LOVE the way the rear fenders blend into everything one piece and her "hips" she has now...VERY sexy!
Nice touches too like the fuel cap, and I really like the small brake ducts...are they functional?
sadly they aren't functional, lol (well, they probably let a bit of air behind the wheel, but nothing ported and directed with a tube like they should be). I wanted to fill them in but it was going to be more work so I figured f*** it.

New Jersey
Car: 1997 Infiniti Q45
1990 Nissan 300ZX

update this now.
one of a very few Z32s that im actually interested on the internet.
amazing

tg

New Jersey wrote:update this now.
one of a very few Z32s that im actually interested on the internet.
amazing
Actually she's coming out of the body shop next week! I'll have some nice 'freshly painted' shots then :D

To keep you tided over until then:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYR0YK8DBzU[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLD4ShGApJk[/youtube]

DCaff300ZX
1993 CRP TT- Modified

Jesus F-ing CHRIST!
SICKNESS!!!

Bohman731
Car: 1993 2+2 NA

Wow....just wow.....Absolute Perfection....

DCaff300ZX
1993 CRP TT- Modified

Mr. Scary wrote:
MMMMMMMmmmmmm, Andy's Z...it lives on my desktop as a shrine to the magnificence of the Super White Z32, and indeed possesses the only spoiler I'd ever put on my Z...

Jehtte
Car: 1991 300ZX slicktop N/A 2 seater body w/ TT swap

Mc57127 wrote:A thirty thousand dollar Z upgrade??!!!?!?!?!!!

Why, that's the most financially irresponsible thing i've ever heard of!!

I like where your head's at. That's going to be one extreme Z.
I loled, wish I had the cash, I'm have to spend a little at a time, piece by piece... :squint: /cry

Ace2cool
Car: 1991 Nissan 300ZX TT
1966 Datsun Fairlady 1600
2005 Suzuki GSX-R 600
1974 Honda CB550 Four
2009 Ford F150 Lariat

NOM. That is all.

tg

You can sort of get an idea of what it sounds like here. Put it in 480p for decent sound. (nice little rev at about 45s). hot redhead at about 33s.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWE-JAIPIhA[/youtube]

BigTDogg (MA)
Car: 1990 300ZX Twin Turbo

LOL, nice. Bet you made those horses deuce a lil.

CrazedZ32Owner
Car: 91 Z32 TT(no motor), 2008 350Z Nismo, 05 Pontiac Sunfire speed machine!!! :)

i love it

VigorousZX
Car: 1990 na 300zx

Haha, your Japanese Ferrari took everyone's attention :bigthumb:

Return to “300ZX (Z32) General”