TG's TT swap thread! *officially started*

The Nissan 300ZX (Z32) general community discussion forum
tg

Its gonna do it under 4 with the new meats, diff bushings and camber kit so i can get more than 25% of the tire making contact heh!

Hopefully I'll get some better footage soon ... I was looking into one of these for this and some other projects I have on the go.

with this:

VigorousZX
Car: 1990 na 300zx

Oh wowIf you can find some local ferrari owners and challenge them on a track, filmed, that would be Zzzz epic

Just dont challenge these under 4 second models

fastest on topFerrari EnzoFerrari 599 GTB FioranoFerrari 430 ScuderiaFerrari F40Ferrari F50Ferrari CaliforniaFerrari F430

NolimitZ32
Car: 91 AG2 2+0 TTMT swap/E39 BMW 540i6/E53 4.6is Dinan S3

VigorousZX wrote:Oh wowIf you can find some local ferrari owners and challenge them on a track, filmed, that would be Zzzz epic

Just dont challenge these under 4 second models

fastest on topFerrari EnzoFerrari 599 GTB FioranoFerrari 430 ScuderiaFerrari F40Ferrari F50Ferrari CaliforniaFerrari F430
f*** that challange all these fools, chances are they got the car but they dont know how to drive it, i think a under 4 sec 0-60 300zx will hold it's own.

tg

I'll reel them in anyways, unless they do 120+mph on the 1/4 mile.

DCaff300ZX
Car: .
1993 CRP TT- Modified

Please, PLEASE post a vid of you showing a Skyline who's boss with that beast of yours!Damn, and I once thought the best straight-ahead machine was a Big-Block 'Stang...thank GOD I got older and into Z's (and NICO!!!)

tg

DCaff300ZX wrote:Please, PLEASE post a vid of you showing a Skyline who's boss with that beast of yours!Damn, and I once thought the best straight-ahead machine was a Big-Block 'Stang...thank GOD I got older and into Z's (and NICO!!!)
i saw a very nice 07 roush stang at the strip with full exhaust/intake/cam/pullies and running full drag radials doing 12.3's at 117 -- they're still fast cars :D

only skyline i've been around was a gts-t so far... although the chief of police does have a new GTR... can't think of anybody more worthy to street race with.

DCaff300ZX
1993 CRP TT- Modified

tg wrote:
i saw a very nice 07 roush stang at the strip with full exhaust/intake/cam/pullies and running full drag radials doing 12.3's at 117 -- they're still fast cars :D

only skyline i've been around was a gts-t so far... although the chief of police does have a new GTR... can't think of anybody more worthy to street race with.
Mine was a green '67 GTA seriously built up, 427 sodium exhaust valves and 427 medium-riser heads on a 390 block, race internals, and a tri-power intake.When it ate the intake valves due to the stock crappy rocker setup, I built the motor for 610 HP (back in early 80's, I'm 45 now and this was when I was 17) with FPP roller rockers, annular discharge 850 carb, unilite ignition with accel coil, oberg remote filter, all super-duty internals and more trick stuff I can't remember anymore.Unfortunately my bro and I never got it running right as it was time to move out into life (and my rep with Smokey was BAAAAAD) so I sold the tri-power to my Dad's buddy and the car to some chump, and never heard from it again...but it never lost a race and was always the life of the party, and the only serious 'Stang in town.

But that's the past...I'm FULLY a Z32 guy now and with my recent NICO reads I have that Power-Mad feeling coming on strong again!I wanna do a racing injector stack setup like shown in the "Make good NA power" thread now, just have to figure out a way to do it (and find the setup and afford it!!!) in the next few years, and maybe I can get back into the game again...Doubt I could ever touch YOUR beast, though!!!

DCaff300ZX
1993 CRP TT- Modified

Oh, and funny how the Coppers always seem to be into the speed scene when not out harassing the street crowd, it always cracked me up how they'd be SOOOOO into your car as they wrote out the ticket...and many had a ride JUST like yours they OBVIOUSLY had to drive the same way to enjoy...Get a race with the Chief and his GTR on video!!!

tg

yeah i know a few cops who have 13 second rides and use them on the streets.

DCaff300ZX
1993 CRP TT- Modified

tg wrote:yeah i know a few cops who have 13 second rides and use them on the streets.
Yeah, way back when I used to hang with the Buds at watering holes some off-duty's were hanging out bragging up their rides.Imagine the feeling as you recognize one from a particularly nasty run-in awhile back, who seemed to have the dominant ride among the bunch.Talk about hypocrites...

tg

anyways, back on topic...

I just got my neo safc so hopefully i can fix some hesitation issues... I might also swap to the TT rear end as I think the NA rear is TOO short. seems like it is useless in first and second as you dont even reach full boost before you're pegging the redline.

DCaff300ZX
1993 CRP TT- Modified

tg wrote: anyways, back on topic...

I just got my neo safc so hopefully i can fix some hesitation issues... I might also swap to the TT rear end as I think the NA rear is TOO short. seems like it is useless in first and second as you don't even reach full boost before you're pegging the redline.
Hmmmm, good info for later if I get my wish.My ignorance of Z32 fine details (never looked closely at the rear end) had me assuming you could swap pumpkins like a Dana or Ford does.Or did you mean just the pumpkin and write rear end?

DCaff300ZX
1993 CRP TT- Modified

DCaff300ZX wrote:
Hmmmm, good info for later if I get my wish.My ignorance of Z32 fine details (never looked closely at the rear end) had me assuming you could swap pumpkins like a Dana or Ford does.Or did you mean just the pumpkin and write rear end?
And I meant to say change the pumpkins with different ring gear ratios like a Dana/Ford rear end...

tg

well as my chassis was an NA and still has the NA rear end which is geared for less speed...

Swapping it is not extremely difficult, its usually a question of dropping the rear subframe but most people go the other way -- they stick an NA rear end in their TT to get the higher final ratio.

I think the NA is a 200mm ring gear vs the tt's 230mm (the NA rear is an R200 with 29-Spline output shafts, 5-bolt axle cups, 4.08:1 ratio and the tt a R230 with 30-Spline output shafts, 6-bolt axle cups and 3.69:1 ratio) so yes they're interchangeable but I dont think you can just swap the pumpkin and be done with it ---

Also the NA rear end is 20kg lighter so I might stick with it -- haven't decided. I think the new wheels are slightly taller than my current ones and than stock ones, so they might give me a bit of extra top end.
Modified by tg at 1:27 AM 8/27/2009

tg

WELLLL little mishap involving a curb :D car is fine but the front facia, fender and one of my blessed ARC intercoolers took the bite. Having it straightened out as I type this -- body shop is taking it in next week to start on the rear flares and replace the bumper/fender.

Longblock will be here in a week, just came out of the machine shop and is under final assembly now.

Interior stuff is going to wait until the end of the season.

Don't mind the dust :D

Modified by tg at 4:10 PM 9/16/2009

franklin93zx
Car: 1993 nissan 300zx non turbo

Tg i know theres a crazy story behind this like always hahah

DCaff300ZX
1993 CRP TT- Modified

tg wrote:WELLLL little mishap involving a curb :D car is fine but the front facia, fender and one of my blessed ARC intercoolers took the bite. Having it straightened out as I type this -- body shop is taking it in next week to start on the rear flares and replace the bumper/fender.

Longblock will be here in a week, just came out of the machine shop and is under final assembly now.

Interior stuff is going to wait until the end of the season.

Don't mind the dust :D

Modified by tg at 4:10 PM 9/16/2009
A SAD sight indeed...

GsaSlick
Car: 1994 N/A Slicktop 5-Speed

franklin93zx wrote:Tg i know theres a crazy story behind this like always hahah
he's the only one on here who seems to do what he wants, when he wants how he wants to and never get flamed, that's respect and he's earned it, and i have it for you too man, can't wait to see the finished product.

JDMZ32
Car: 1991 Nissan 300ZX, NA, slicktop, 5-speed, red

Sucks to see man . Glad you have to funds to fix it though! Looks like you got the real Greddy lol - easily breakable fiberglass.

JDMZ32

tg wrote:Here's a bad 0-60 run with nothing but wheelspin and slow shifts
Haha I thought you hit 100Mph in 2nd and I thought holy s***! But then I realized you kit 100Kph, which is normal.

DMeN Z
Car: SWhite '91 TT Z32, Dodge Patas

GsaSlick wrote:
he's the only one on here who seems to do what he wants, when he wants how he wants to and never get flamed, that's respect and he's earned it, and i have it for you too man, can't wait to see the finished product.
What can we say? Nothing really. The man has swagger, he is chill as hell (yes, chill as the burning inferno we call hell), he doesn't let BS get to him, he usually expresses opinions in posts that most of us would agree with, and...well...he has the soccer ball. (All we need now is to find out Tg is a ladies man[which he prob is])

VigorousZX
Car: 1990 na 300zx

I wish you all pairs... of the good things in life, a Z being one of them. gl on the fix

tg

fix is almost done, just gotta find a new bumper now and replace the intercooler. I wanna stick with the fiberglass but my body shop says they want to do urethane cause they've fixed it 3x already and it weighs like 40 tons. I picked up the old fiberglass one off my front clip (the blue one in the background) which is good on the left side but smashed on the right so i might be able to frankenstein something ;\ personally I really want to stick with fiberglass because I prefer the fitting and look.

tg

DMeN Z wrote:
What can we say? Nothing really. The man has swagger, he is chill as hell (yes, chill as the burning inferno we call hell), he doesn't let BS get to him, he usually expresses opinions in posts that most of us would agree with, and...well...he has the soccer ball. (All we need now is to find out Tg is a ladies man[which he prob is])
Only a one-lady man (now).

tg

Alright, all the repair work is done. I'm still trying to source a real gracer front end but not having much luck up here! I was contemplating the 99 jspec front for a while but I really prefer the gracer if I can find one!

So, this week is wrench work so the engine will be removed, the goods transferred onto the new block, and then everything put back in, with some mods that I didn't have time to finish during the swap.

The big brake's are going on with all the camber adjusting suspension parts and braces strut bars etc. The water/meth injection is going in as well as the diff bushing kit and some other small things.

I might have some dyno sheets the following week with meth injection + some serious boost.

I'm going to have a local shop do my x-pipe and see what I can do about finding the remus axle-back to mat up with it as I can't order it from remus usa for some reason. There's a local distributor anyways so no worries.
Modified by tg at 9:54 PM 10/18/2009

Z_Fanatic
Car: 91 300zx TT Conversion, 01 Bmw 325I DD

Can't wait to see some numbers, you should take a video when you dyno.

DMeN Z
Car: SWhite '91 TT Z32, Dodge Patas

tg wrote:
I'm going to have a local shop do my x-pipe and see what I can do about finding the remus axle-back to mat up with it as I can't order it from remus usa for some reason. There's a local distributor anyways so no worries.

Modified by tg at 9:54 PM 10/18/2009
Awesome- Still haven't forgotten about that Remus exhaust. Can't decide whether to go with the HKS for the flow and street look; The Remus for its exhaust note and bold style; or the SpecZ for its throaty tone and price (compared to Remus)

tg

DMeN Z wrote:
Awesome- Still haven't forgotten about that Remus exhaust. Can't decide whether to go with the HKS for the flow and street look; The Remus for its exhaust note and bold style; or the SpecZ for its throaty tone and price (compared to Remus)
hopefully it won't dissapoint :D I want to hear the spool-down big time.

tg

brakes and suspension is done, adjustable camber up front and rear, coilovers, tension rods, diff bushings, front and rear strut bars (not in yet).

and this is some fab work from the guy i'm trying to get to do my x-pipe

JDMZ32

Nice progress. That motor is badass! What is it?

Return to “300ZX (Z32) General”