Tell us about yourself thread.......

General discussion forum about all things Datsun! NOTE: If your thread is specific to a certain model, please make sure you post it in the proper forum.
blitz23
Car: 1985 S12 Silvia/200sx CA18ET

BOOMSHAKALAKA wrote:Nice! You guys have a local S12 club up there?
no. there are only 3 S12 in the entire town. barely any oldschool car, except for the muscle car crowd. we have 1 VW fox pickup... rust eat out cars very fast here. tons of salt is dumped on the road during winter.

Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

good looking car Blitz...you still sporting the foam hatch spoiler?

what the hell was Nissan thinking anyway....I managed to find a MKII SE in a local junkyard with the plastic one intact..sadly, the car was hit in the front end and was sitting on the sideskirts

to be honest Boom..the turbo really isnt that big a deal in them...the stock ET won't handle a ton of power anyway...and building it to is kind've pointless.

one of the 86-87 SE's would be a cool one to get if you're not big on doing a motor swap. The Turbo model DOES have the R200 rearend though...I think the CA20 cars got either the R180 or an H190(solid rear).

blitz23
Car: 1985 S12 Silvia/200sx CA18ET

Mr1der wrote:good looking car Blitz...you still sporting the foam hatch spoiler?

what the hell was Nissan thinking anyway....I managed to find a MKII SE in a local junkyard with the plastic one intact..sadly, the car was hit in the front end and was sitting on the sideskirts

to be honest Boom..the turbo really isnt that big a deal in them...the stock ET won't handle a ton of power anyway...and building it to is kind've pointless.

one of the 86-87 SE's would be a cool one to get if you're not big on doing a motor swap. The Turbo model DOES have the R200 rearend though...I think the CA20 cars got either the R180 or an H190(solid rear).
stock CA18ET could produce 200 bhp at the limit. few ppl in UK has done it reliably, but that's the upper limit of stock unit. more than that you better off putting any nissan performance engine in it rather than building the CA-ET up. or buy a better car altogether :D

yes, I still have the foam spoiler. I like the foam spoiler, it says turbo. ppl think I'm fast, altough the car doesn't go anywhere. . I even still have the psychedelic design seat. and I always get ppl asking whether it's a supra or celica or a drift pig hachi . (thanks to nissan for using 200sx name on a the sentra )

I'm not looking for big power out of this car. my wallet is not thick enough (or my credit limits is not high enough :p). looking for around 160 whp with fmic, exhaust, better intake, and cranked up boost on 91 octane. rest of my budget is gonna be for suspension upgrade.

anyway, now you know me little better

PS: Canada don't get the SE V6. we get turbo until the end of the production year.

BOOMSHAKALAKA

If I manage to get one I'm not building it for power. I'm going to focus mainly on suspension mods...just want a car I can have fun with on the track.

greengoddess
Car: '82 280zx

Ever since I was a little girl (born in 1970), I was in love w/ Z cars The mom of one of my friends across the street got a white one in "80 and we were all so envious. I finally bought my first z car 5 years ago with 190,00 miles. When I was at the Dmv registering her the man at the booth told me I got a great deal for $2200 because his had over 350,000 original miles and was going strong.

about me....a lover of quality, grace and beauty

Mr1der

have pics of it GG?

I honestly love the S130 Z cars....

ok...I secretly love all of them...but round headlights ftw.

irsa76
Car: 1981 720 kingcab flatbed

Just got my first Datsun today. 1981 720 Kingcab 4x2 with custom flatbed. Needs alittle work before I use it for daily driving/weekend worktruck. Mum and Dad had a Datsun 1000 sedan 30 years ago, we drove half way across Australia in it. Photos to follow.

jaimesix
Car: Datsun 710 , Datsun 610 , Datsun 1200 p/u

I began my attraction for Datsuns when I was a kid. I grew up overseas, and saw lots of Datsuns, but different to the ones in the US. The competition Datsun that I grew up with was the Datsun 710. These Datsuns competed in road racing and rallye off road races. I did not see a Datsun 1200 or a Datsun 510 , as well as a 610 datsun untill I came to the US. I saw Datsun B210s and 310s.These 2, together with the 710 where all around in competition. It is funny to see how different parts of the world specialize in certain kinds of Datsuns, this is due to Nissan/Datsun marketing practices back in the day. I can see that in the US, Datsun Z cars as well as the Datsun 510 are the popular ones. In Australia it is the Datsun 1200 and the Datsun "UTE" which appear to dominate the scene. The very few Datsun 510s I saw as a kid were sold with A series push rod engines. The B210 Datsun made it to the markets with the L series engine, and for that matter, it was the car of choice for competition together with the Datsun 710.

I was fascinated with the reliability and versatility of these cars, and I remember many street modified Datsuns shaping my taste and making me drool as a kid.

The number one Datsun car I saw as a kid, and which inspired me was the 710. I am sure all of us have a special Datsun model that made us dream about fast cars.

Datsun is a name with a lot of history. I hope Nissan goes back to it's roots. Todays Nissans, except the 350Z and the big trucks, look awfull. Those Sentras, Maximas, Altimas, look awful. What is up with that grille scheme.

Did you hear me Nissan???? time to get rid of the french influence!

Mr1der

one of my personal favorites is the 620 Pick up.

I wanna find a mint King cab one day....

jaimesix
Car: Datsun 710 , Datsun 610 , Datsun 1200 p/u

Mr1der wrote:one of my personal favorites is the 620 Pick up.

I wanna find a mint King cab one day....
Yes, that is a nice one! My older brother had a performance 620, with T/A's low profile and a nice header/Weber combo. Off course, never had the chance to take it for a spin......but it is the first pick up truck I got to see up close, very cool. It had an L16 engine, and it was known as "Datsun 1600"

Humpinate
Car: '84 720 King Cab, running, semi-refurbished and I work on it daily..

Hey all, New to Datsun's but am a retired Engineer, so it will at least run when I get done. I have a '84 720 King Cab pickup with over 200,000 miles on it, the poor misguided sonofabitch who owned it b4 me cut almost every vacuum line and I'm just tracing them and plugging them in and listening to the motor purr. I believe it's a Z24 2.4 with a Weber. The clutch master cylinder had grease packed in it (!) and with the other weirdness I'm just replacing and tweaking it and I will eventually put it on the road. I should also mention I didn't pay any money for this (gem) but I currently have $350 in it, so it will be as rough as a cob until I can get it back to the state where all the little things have been bought and replaced.

z0650

Had a '79 280 ZX that I loved, but then got married and the wife fried the clutch out of it and it was too small. Now my 19 year old son is wanting a 300Z tt and i figured I'd see what I could find out about them on a forum.

Mr1der

we've got a couple excellent mods in the 300ZX forum.

they'll tell you everything you'd need.

Humpinate...my condolences on that truck...I do love a 4x4 720...sounds like it's gonna be a pain in the ***, how's the body rust wise?

I've actually got a little brother out there on Eglin AFB...it's nice down there....

S13CoupeLover
Car: 1990 240sx hatch

well i personally don't have a Datsun. but ever since i've seen a 240Z i feel in love with Datsuns. I try to learn more about Datsun's history and about there cars in general. and also come to find out my moms first car she learned to drive in was a Datsun B210 hatch, im guessing it's a hatch that's what it sounded like from here description. and then also i feel in love with the Wangan Midnight Fairlady Z. Right now i've thought abut what my next car is for a project and well it's a 240Z with a L28, i am determined to get a 240 and build it.

tracyk
Car: 2002 Infiniti G20 Sport

My name is Tracy... my grandma had a Datsun 210 that she gave to my uncle. He still drives it every day=)

Duce40sx

Well, I own a 240sx that I've recently restored.

I've always loved the 240 and 260z. My next car will probably be one of those two depending on which one comes along. I want a pre 75' Z of course because I live in California where the smog law is horrible.

I believe that the 240z was the first Japanese muscle car, well the first Nissan muscle car anyway. Like many Americans who love Corvettes and Mustangs, I love the Z. The Z is a classic and the body lines are so beautiful. I love every inch of the car, and never owning one I am looking forward to working on it and restoring it.

I would do a KA24 twin cam swap and if time and money permits, turbo KA. I want a little bit of old school and a little bit of new age. This is just for parts accessibility. It may not make any sense to do such a thing, but that's my vision.

The Z is the last letter of the alphabet but it's an A+ car.

280zx2by2
Car: 1981 datsun 280zx 2by2 GL

Hello im jordan, im 16 from valdosta GA. I just bought a 1981 280zx 2by2 GL about a year ago and i never want to get another car. I bought it for $2100 and i thought that was too much but i soon found that the car is priceless. the only other car that i will get will be an older 240, 260, or 280z. i fel in love the simplicity of these cars after working in my schools auto shop, the straight 6 is so eazy to work on. The L series engines seem to last forever too, i dont seem to here many stories about L series blowing up or failing. I have a feeling that most VQ35s are not going to last over 10 years so these 350z guys need to start respecting there heritage. Datsun forever we will miss u peter Brock

http://img505.imageshack.us/im...9.jpg
Modified by 280zx2by2 at 4:50 PM 2/20/2008

corndog64
Car: 1971 JCR "California Z" 240Z

I've had so many Nissan/Datsuns over the last few years (17?), that I've earned the name "Datsun Daiv" here in S.W. MI. My "keeper" (since '92) is a Jim Cook Racing "California Z" '71 240Z. It ran an L28 with a header, triple Dellorto carbs, and flat-top pistons with the e88 head. I run it up at the local 1/4 mile drag strip in the summer. The best so far is 14.90 @ 91 with huge amounts of wheel spin..The whole story, and some more of my Z's are here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/474871
Modified by corndog64 at 4:06 PM 2/19/2008

bugeye

Hello all. My name is Donnie, im located in Northern California. I have 2 620 trucks, one is a 79 the other is a 73. the 79 is my daily driver with almost 300k on the org. engine and transmission, my grandfather was the second owner of this truck, making me the third. My 73 is a project in the works, i got it in trade back in high school for a case of beer to use as a parts truck. after being in the navy and stuck in san diego for the last 8 years im finally home and want to start working on it again, i was going to stuff a small block mopar into it, but after looking at the truck for several hours i decided just to semi restore the body and make a hot rod outta the little L20 thats in it. I love these little trucks and there getting harder to find

RE-Xtreme

Hello, my name is Sergio Franco. I don't own any datsuns, but I work with a lot of them to convert engines or do some installation. My brother has owned a few before, but ends up selling them.

710fastback
Car: 74 datsun 710

ammmm, where do i start...my name's craig. i recently got my hands on a datsun 710 fastback. sick lil car; however it's rusty as hell!! im stuck between a red top DET or a 20b. but for now i need a good restoration guy.

rb30dett
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35, 1998 Mustang Cobra

Hello everyone, I am sort of a NICO newb, haven't posted much. I've always searched around, looking for certain things I'm interested in on the site. I recently got serious about Datsuns because I had to part with a few of my cars. I now live in Southern Cali and everyone knows how pointless (to tuners anyway) it is to put so many laws out there to restrict motor builds and just plain good old tuning! I then heard that if you got a car that is 25 years old or older, you don't have the emissions testing so I started searching for something I could "settle" with. I got rid of my Skyline and both my 240sxs, I was stationed in Okinawa for the record, so I looked at older japanese muscle, per the old car rule. I ran across the Hakosuka and 2XXZ and turned into an old classic freak! So now thats my story and I have been waiting patiently to buy another car to wrench on. I am "home sick" to say the least!

2kredz3
Car: 1984 Nissan 720

Hey Everyone!

My Name is Dean. I just bought a 84 720 4x4 for a daily driver. My other car is a 2000 BMW Z3 Roadster. The reason for buying the 720 is because i changed jobs and am going from sitting in an office back to the job site. I work for North Cobb Electrical Service now, essentually i am an electricians aid working on being an electrician.

I am looking forward to restoring the 720 to better then new but it will be a long slow process since i need it to drive on the job sites pre-build out.

here are some pics of my rides.

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

2kredz3 wrote:Hey Everyone!

My Name is Dean. I just bought a 84 720 4x4 for a daily driver. My other car is a 2000 BMW Z3 Roadster. The reason for buying the 720 is because i changed jobs and am going from sitting in an office back to the job site. I work for North Cobb Electrical Service now, essentually i am an electricians aid working on being an electrician.

I am looking forward to restoring the 720 to better then new but it will be a long slow process since i need it to drive on the job sites pre-build out.

here are some pics of my rides.
Cool man, I'm in Marietta too! Looks like a nice truck to work with. I'm sure the restoration project will be fun!

slingshot532
Car: datsun 510

I have loved 510s since high school. my first car was a datsun 310. 1.3 ltr 4 speed front wheel drive... fun (I had a paper rout at the time). I over heated that car, blew 2 trannys and clutches doing the paper. after that I got a 91 civic dx hatch and fell in love. it got totaled. then a '90 civic si hatch. I did a B16 swap on that and drove it every day with a smile on my face. it never gets old reving past 8000 rpm for no reason. that car got totaled. I cried, but now I could finally (after over 10 years of lusting) get a 510. I would love to bring the best of both worlds together and "drop" a s2000 motor in it but I don't have that kind of $$. I would also like to put my B16 in there but the b series spin "backwards" and It would be to much work to force it to work. So I'm down to ether ka or ca. I know you guys will say SR20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but that is what everyone is doing nowadays and I like to be different. Plus if you look at the ca18det it is a 4cyl RB motor. so the 510 is my project, my daily is a pluming van, and I have a 91 integra for the weekends. anyway, that's me...

billmtnman
Car: 1967 Datsun Roadster

started with a 69 510 sedan 2 door 4 speed, had a wagon, 73 240z autocross car, 74 260, and now a 67 early roadster which I am just now researching a ka24e swap. The vast majority of my play money goes into a Jeep rock crawler that has climbed a 8 ft granite wall. hey help me out with this ka24 swap!

datsun210enthusiast
Car: baby blue 1981 datsun 210 lx hatchback/coupe

hello m y names taylor im age 16 and im a big datsun fan, ever since i saw the 1981 datsun 210 deluxe model hatchback my dad gave me, ive gotten into datsuns! i thinnk the older japaneese cars are better then the newer ones becase they are not made cheaply, so i like the classic datsuns

peetar
Car: 1992 Galant VR-4

Hi my name is pete and I like long walks on the beach, women carrying large caliber rifles and donuts.

I came here randomly through a rip in the space-time continuum and have been having second thoughts about registering. Since I am a nihilist, I really don't care.

No but really, I have a 79 Datsun 210 with the stock A14 still in it. I want to swap it but i am not sure yet which way to go. Maybe being a member here will help me make a decision.

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

peetar wrote:Hi my name is pete and I like long walks on the beach, women carrying large caliber rifles and donuts.

I came here randomly through a rip in the space-time continuum and have been having second thoughts about registering. Since I am a nihilist, I really don't care.

No but really, I have a 79 Datsun 210 with the stock A14 still in it. I want to swap it but i am not sure yet which way to go. Maybe being a member here will help me make a decision.
Cool man, I had an '81 210 with the A15 motor in it. Sold it earlier this year to a coworker (so I still see it sometimes when he brings it to work)! But if you ever have any questions on that car, let me know, because I know them pretty well.

I rebuilt my A15 after the rings were shot and blew a head gasket. But I considered doing either an SR or CA swap instead. Anyway, nice to meet another B310 owner! (or well, at least I was up until a few months ago)

peetar
Car: 1992 Galant VR-4

I need to look into swap options for this car. The problem with the 210 is that the bay is really tight. I was wondering if anyone has ever see an RB20 DET stuffed into one and if so, is there a thread somewhere you could link me to.

My main question is how much custom motor mount stuff do you need to do to a 210?Or, rather, is there such a thing as an "easy" turbo swap for this car? My guess in no.

Return to “Datsun Chat”