Tell us about your project!!!!

Discuss topics related to the VH41DE, VH45DE, VK45DE, and VK56DE engines.
Chaluska

is going to go into....

ive done a BIG overhaul on the engine.. heads were machined, new timing setup, new fuel injectors, new knock sensors, most sensors have been replaced.

Mating it up to a Z32 transmission, and throwing it all together with the Xcessive eng. kit

nothing like building a car can make your pockets truely understand what "empty" and "pain" mean

erkdrift
Car: 89 rx7

defrag010 wrote:I've got a 1991 rx-7 that is getting my '91 VH45 swapped in. Plans are to make an ITB manifold with plenum for each bank, and to twin-turbocharge it using two GM-8 turbos. Fuel system will be blowthrough propane, with one ohg450 on each plenum. Stock motor for now, and when it blows up I have an extra block that I am going to sleeve out to a 4" bore and build with nice rods and pistons, along with putting my sick modded heads on. Transmission will be a T-56 from an LT1 Fbody, with the use of an adapter plate.Progress so far is not much.. I have made my engine mounts and am using a universal SBC engine crossmember to mount the engine and just made the mount adapters to bolt the nissan to the vh45 crossmember. Oil pan is almost done, and all I need to do is make my adapter plate for my t-56 and get a clutch/starter setup. It's coming slow because I'm working fulltime and going to college fulltime..

i was wondering if the oil pan mod. will work im in the prosses of building a vh swap into a fc.......

IThaJ0kaI
Car: 96 G50, 90 S13 hatch

here is my latest project, 2013 track car.

94 q45, 370z 6 speed transmission, BC coilovers, adjustable arms, bucket seat, personal monza on nrg 2.5 QR, hydro ebrake, no abs, blah blah

DRTY14
Car: 1996 FL Ks S14 --- VH41DE manual [DRTY 14]
1988 FL A31 --- SR20DET VCT manual [U DRIPN]
1999 Y34 G ultima --- VQ30DET auto [GLRIUS]
1990 Y31 G --- VG30DE manual

hey every one

im doing a VH41 with GTR gearbox in to my FL Ks S14
will post some pics soon =)

brouib21
Car: 1991 300zx vh45de
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Srt8
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

Hey whats going on nico fam. My project is a vh45de in a 91 z32.
Just finished the swap. Basically all bolt ons right now. This thing pulls like mad. I light them up through 3 gears. :biggrin:
I would post up pics but I don't know how to. :confused:

Anywho by February I am hoping to put back in the shop and twin turbo it. Looking for about 500whp right now and maybe more later.

BTW thanks elwesso for the ecu i love it. Felt a big difference.

Vh45sx
Car: 1989 240sx

mtcookson wrote:91 Z3290 VH45TT 5-speedA super duper carbon multi plate clutchQ45 differentialA pair of GT3076R turbochargers (or similar)Mach Z Racing quick spool valve (when I get it made)Etc.
I love that setup...

Richter12x2
Car: 1955 GMC Pickup

Good day! I know this is an old post, but so far this has been the best forum for technical questions related to VK45DE, so at least there's a shot I can find the info I need here!

I've been a big car guy since I was 3 years old and chewing the wheels off my Hot Wheels cars, and I have a thing for under-appreciated and uncommon cars.

The project that brought me here, is I'm working on putting a VK45DE into a 1955 GMC Pickup, so it's definitely a bit non-traditional, at least I saw another post from someone trying to put one into a Morris Minor, I believe, and I'm excited to follow that progress as well!

The VK45DE is a tremendous value (provided I can make it go!) and 340hp should be a lot nicer than the 110hp straight six that came out of it. I know that the VH45DE is supposed to be much easier to work with, but I'm already likely to be strung up for putting a Japanese motor into a classic truck, I don't want to make it worse by having it look like it's in there sideways with the funky intake manifold. :)

The plan is to keep it stock, use the factory ECU (and even a factory gauge cluster). I figure that the engine did just fine while it was in an Infiniti, as far as I'm concerned it can keep thinking it's in one!

Here's the lump, delivered yesterday morning: Image https://photos.app.goo.gl/GhFTbNcnK1cWiVNJA - in case the img links don't work

And here's the vehicle it's going in, which is currently going through a frame off restoration: Image https://photos.app.goo.gl/V3Sp8G2ZshDJMVfk7

Return to “VH45DE / VK45DE / VK56DE Forum”