Teddy's "I drive my track car on the street" BUILD

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
sloweighty
Car: sileighty

S13Teddy wrote:
Depends on the conditions/track. At All Star Bash when I was drifting at Streets of Willow, I had my tires at 75psi with a stock SR. But at Balcony I can easily run them at 35psi.

Remember. The lower the tire pressure, the more tire will be touching the ground, which in turn means more grip. The higher the tire pressure, less contact patch to the ground, which will make for less traction.

them is they are made of aluminum.
so i guess higher tire pressure is better for drifting because i usually drift with only 40psi on the street and track but no body ever told me that 70 psi or higher would make the drift even better....................have you ever blown a tire airing up the tire that high.......by just puting air in the tire

Gabes13
Car: rb20det s13

you'd be surprised how much air you can pump before the tire blows.

adrianfromthecastle
Car: 1992 Nissan 240sx

sloweighty wrote:
so i guess higher tire pressure is better for drifting because i usually drift with only 40psi on the street and track but no body ever told me that 70 psi or higher would make the drift even better....................have you ever blown a tire airing up the tire that high.......by just puting air in the tire
haha I've seen a tire explode during mid drift...

like a year ago at a 626 drift event... Chuck's (90 dgrz) rear tire blew (up) during mid drift and completely shattered his rear over fender... seriously, I was taking a nap in my car and woke up to the explosion. it was pretty epic

S13Teddy
Car: R32 Skyline, S13

Kalypso wrote:dont buy pro!!!

make a 2nd photobucket account!!!
I didn't, I got for free.
im_looking_for_a_240sx wrote:why is aluminum bad for the ruca??
The bolts loosen up very easily from vibration, which means you need to do a lot of preventative maintenance to ensure the car doesn't fall apart.
sloweighty wrote:
You can't just pump up the air in your tires and expect to drift better. More pressure in the tires also makes it much easier to spin out. Like I mentioned, with my single cam I was only running on 35psi on track and on street. The reason I bumped it up to 75psi at Streets was because I needed more wheel spin to clear the high speed sections.
pandapants wrote:you'd be surprised how much air you can pump before the tire blows.
We got JXN's tires to 120psi at Irwindale.

sloweighty
Car: sileighty

adrians_s13 wrote:
haha I've seen a tire explode during mid drift...

like a year ago at a 626 drift event... Chuck's (90 dgrz) rear tire blew (up) during mid drift and completely shattered his rear over fender... seriously, I was taking a nap in my car and woke up to the explosion. it was pretty epic
do you have a pictures

S13Teddy

sloweighty wrote:
do you have a pictures
I have a video of it.

http://vimeo.com/1989304

happens at 9:19

BrianHarte
Car: 180sx

UPDATE WITH PICS

pj
Car: 95 s14

nieko wrote:i believe thats Justin Pawlak and thats Justin Pawlaks dildo shift knob.

not VRTs...
not the point, point is its a big a** wank for a shifter.and thats not awesome, no matter whose book its in.

and im highly anticipating the uberlow body kit stage of teddy's adventure.

240lookis
Car: 1990 240sx hatch

damn. i got a LIFETIME ban from zilvia from posting that stupid i hate katie stuff. you post gay p0rn and get a temp ban?f***

S13Teddy

Found this cool picture from the Oxnard Bash 2 years ago.

Anyway. Let's continue the story.

After the crash, I took a look at the damage: bent RUCA, traction rod, toe rod, lower control arm, broken axle, broken wheel. So I picked up a lower control arm and traction rod from the junkyard, and ordered RUCAs and toe rods from Powered by MAX in San Diego.

Shipping was outrageously fast on these. I distinctly remember ordering these on a Thursday night, and receiving them that Friday morning.

Around this time I also bought this GP Sports replica front bumper for $40. I tried it on, but it was ridiculous.

I remember making a thread on NICO with a poll asking how long you thought it would last. Then I remember going right back outside and taking the bumper off. Haha. I took it around the block once and I'm pretty sure if I kept it on permanently, it would have been cooked within a day. Ruthless.

After this I got the idea to start pulling the SR20 out from my first car and building it up a little to throw it into my coupe. I was starting to feel a power restriction when I'd go drifting so I figured, I already have the motor and this other car is worthless.

It didn't go much farther from here. Lol.

Well I got into the mentality of building a full on track car. I'd gutted an interior before, but it was half-assed and looked terrible. I decided to put the time into gutting this car correctly and making it look clean, which included not only removing the sound deadening tar and painting the interior, but also simplifying the factory wire harness.

And so it began. I removed the front seats, rear seats and plastics.

Then came the carpet.

I used dry ice and a hammer to remove the sound deadening. It was relatively easy, compared to the chisel and hammer method.

I was already starting to regret it, but I had to keep going. There was no turning back at this point.

Around here was my mom's birthday party. She's pretty tight in the 626Drift group, so she invited all of the community to the party. This was right after Ryota (kamikazestorm420) had his car recovered from theft. Two SF heads, Robert and his buddy came to town to buy Ryota's shell. This was their last night in town before heading back, so we invited them to the party.

Robert saw the hatch and said, "What's up with this?" So I told him my plans to pull the motor and throw it into the coupe. He asked when I was pulling it out, and I told him "someday over the rainbow", but I really didn't know. Before I knew it, he turned to his buddy and said, "grab my tools from the truck." I was like wtf? And told me to go get a cherry picker...

So... I drove to my friend's house right down the street and picked up a cherry picker. I was gone for 10 minutes MAX, and by the time I came back, he was smoking a cigarette and asked me what took so long.

The motor was already ready to be pulled. No less than 2 minutes later, it was out. This guy was a BEAST. And so the motor was pulled out during my mother's birthday party.

Ri-god-damned-diculous. So I let the motor sit in my garage for a while. After all, I never expected this to happen!

I continued my interior work. I had removed all the sound deadening in the rear and primered it to get an idea of what it would look like. I installed some S14 belts to remove the whole auto seatbelt system.

I also pulled all the wiring from rear of the car and cleaned it up. I removed the antenna wiring, defrost wiring and speaker wiring. And re-ran in in between the outer and inner quarter panel metal.

Much cleaner.

This was getting all done day by day, with this car still being my daily driver to school and work EVERYDAY.

Removed more and more tar residue, using gasoline in a spray bottle and a wire brush. What a b**** that was.

Modified by S13Teddy at 3:24 PM 9/29/2009

BrianHarte

Did you ever put the sticker on the light

S13Teddy

BrianHarte wrote:Did you ever put the sticker on the light
Of course. It was on there the second I received them.

Dire91
Car: 1997 Nissan 240sx SE

I love how you did this all between it being a daily driver. What was the worst condition you ever drove it to school, minus after your wreck?

BrianHarte

S13Teddy wrote:
Of course. It was on there the second I received them.
SHOW ME A PIC.I'M UPDATING MY BLOG DIARY

ViolentRunning13

OH STICKERS?

BrianHarte

yeah BH World stickers.

In TEDDY's thread.

ChampaignSilviaS14
Car: S14

For your diary

BrianHarte

TEDDY

POST PICS OF YOUR CAR

UPDATED ONES.

ChampaignSilviaS14
Car: S14

DO IT.

ViolentRunning13

butt hole world?

LOLS
Modified by ViolentRunning13 at 4:38 PM 9/29/2009

Kalypso

this thread is hot sex on a sunday morning

im_looking_for_a_240sx

lmao me too!!!
240lookis wrote:damn. i got a LIFETIME ban from zilvia from posting that stupid i hate katie stuff. you post gay p0rn and get a temp ban?f***
sucks

nieko
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx

teddy i believe what happened next in this thread is

we went to a 626 event and you spun and i slid into you...

making both our cars look like ***holes for awhile!

chaos2000
Car: 89 240sx HB (s14 sr20det)
90 240sx Coupe (nothing,yet)

wow its come along way i just sat and read the whole thread.

Canadianfreerider
Car: 240sx

Moar!!

Ramonesfreak2010
Car: 1991 240sx Hatch

I haven't enjoyed a thread like this in a looong time. lol

Metal Angel
Car: 1990 240sx hatchback

Canadianfreerider wrote:Moar!!

JustDriftMore
Car: 89+91 ku-pe

keep the pics coming!!

Dire91
Car: 1997 Nissan 240sx SE

MMOOOWWW!!!!!

S13Teddy

I would wait till the end of the build story to post this, but it's just too cool.

Super Street November 09'

Return to “240sx General Discussion”