Teddy's "I drive my track car on the street" BUILD

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
pj
Car: 95 s14

i love how teddy is immune to street drift f*** and crash hate :rotflmao

S13Teddy
Car: R32 Skyline, S13

For those who did not see.

My S13 got hit while it was parked in front of my house.

What a cool day that was. Car goes to the body shop tomorrow.

mudvayne9790
Car: 240sx 93 Hatch

thats a damn shame
gotta stay optimistic though and keeping doing what you do. Hope all goes well

DMan II-40
Car: 1995 240SX SE

pj wrote:i love how teddy is immune to street drift f*** and crash hate :rotflmao
I was thinking the same thing. If it was someone else everyone would say:

"your an idiot"
"keep it on the track"
"stupid kid, your gonna kill someone"

Whatever though, followers will be followers.

Sick build tho Teddy, cant wait to see it finished.

RustspecS13
Car: '74 260z and '88 300zx turbo

Sorry about the damage Teddy- that sucks.

I totally agree on using a car for what you built it for. Thats why I'm not worried about having the cleanest chassis any way, as long as it looks good and performs good is all it matters. Besides the rusty POS cars never seem to get randomly hit or random stuff like that.

Good luck with the bodyshop, hope you get it back soon...

~Alex

zacmil
Car: 1989 240sx
2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT

pj wrote:i love how teddy is immune to street drift f*** and crash hate :rotflmao
Yep, my thoughts exactly!

Not that I'm trying to hate or anything, I just think it's kinda funny.

nevertheless
Car: 1993 240sx hatch
1995 Nissan D21

s***, at least it wasn't a hit and run.

pj

DMan II-40 wrote: I was thinking the same thing.
zacmil wrote:
Yep, my thoughts exactly!
ya'll didnt know teddy was a f*** rockstar!!! didja?! :chuckle:
he always entertains with his posts and car. that s13 used to be so very clean and nice, shame it got hit and etc. i liked the old coupe which was deff on its last leg. even stood up for it once here on the boards.
i like the dood but it is true, the kids immune to the usual e-hate haha
the skyline is looking seriously promising.

Chris28
Car: 92 s13 KA-T

Damn dude! At least it looks like only the door and fender need to be replaced, but that still sucks.

AZ89two4Tsx
Car: 2017 VW GTI, 14 Honda CBR650F

:(

Lame.

How's the R32 coming along?

Didderson
Car: 1990 240sx fastback; '88 Hardbody pickup; '74 Datsun Z

That sucks Teddy, I too know the feeling of waking up and seeing someone smashed your car overnight. At least mine wasn't horribly bad like yours! :(

Good to hear you're getting it fixed professionally! Because of this stuff, sometimes I put cones around my car when I park on the street lol.

S13Teddy

AZ89two4Tsx wrote::(

Lame.

How's the R32 coming along?
I don't have one? I have a Maxima which kinda looks like one though.....

But thats coming along rather slow only because I'm waiting on parts from Nissan and it's difficult because of the tragedy over in Japan.

The engine is in pieces just waiting to get put back together. Then it goes in, we get it running, and take it straight to dyno.

Last edited by S13Teddy on Wed May 04, 2011 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

S13Teddy

Didderson wrote:That sucks Teddy, I too know the feeling of waking up and seeing someone smashed your car overnight. At least mine wasn't horribly bad like yours!
Didderson, the only difference was that I was standing next to my car when it happened :(

pj

this what happened? :chuckle:

Metal Angel
Car: 1990 240sx hatchback

This thread is like a good book. I read it every few months or so for inspiration. Just read through it for the third or fourth time. Im not even ashamed to say it, I want Teddy's nuts in my mouth.

The_caveman
Car: 93 nissan 240sx hatch(daily build)
1992 Coupe (drift build)
1990 240sx hatch(wrecked slut)
2008 hyundai sonota - girls car/reliable! i drive it better tho ;)

Roflmao ^^^^ I have to say ive never thought that but teddys go do w/e to his car he wants and not worry about haters has always inspired me just to have fun with it and do what i do and not worry about haters :werd:

Haters gonna hate oh well.

Might sound wierd coming from someone with like 20 posts maybe?

But i've been around 6 years i just liked being unseen :chuckle:

The_caveman
Car: 93 nissan 240sx hatch(daily build)
1992 Coupe (drift build)
1990 240sx hatch(wrecked slut)
2008 hyundai sonota - girls car/reliable! i drive it better tho ;)

S13Teddy wrote:Even if I told you what kind off differential it is, you wouldn't know what it was or even how to begin understanding how it works. It's a special type of differential modification method that was developed in Europe and the Middle East and I had the privilege of being able to test out this technology in my car. It works miracles, really. I can spin the wheels with no problem whatsoever, even with my stock KA. It's been more or less on the market for quite some time, but people really underestimate its ability.

The technology was developed by research engineers in the Middle Ages.

It is known as welding.

And damn truth just read this and i'm thinking....uhhh wtf is he talking about and then i get to the last sentence and it all made sense...theres a diff like that in my trunk lmao (browsing around its been a good two years since ive read this guys thread)

S13CESARE
Car: 1990 240sx hatch.

Is this this end for this thread?

TurboSauce
Car: 2006 G35 coupe, 2018 Mazda CX-9

No update from 2011.
two
thousand
eleven :slap:

Check the blog for all updates

adrianfromthecastle
Car: 1992 Nissan 240sx

lol. his coupe is long gone. He has a fast back now

X-TuN

Let's keep it going....

TurboSauce

let's just say that you have to go to the blog to see any action.

adrianfromthecastle
Car: 1992 Nissan 240sx

X-TuN wrote:Let's keep it going....
k

TurboSauce

turtles.

pepesilvia
Car: 96 S14

TurboSauce wrote:turtles.

S13Teddy

Bump this up. Don't think I ever finished the story!

Where the hell did I leave off? All Star Bash 2009.

2009. Jesus, that was 5 years ago. Holy hell I'm an old man now!

Boy, I gotta tell you, that event was glorious. The best event I'd ever driven to date and I'll tell you why shortly.

For those who have been around for a while, you know how big of a deal All Star Bash was. We're talking cream of the crop, best of the business, drifters that we had posters of sitting next to our beds that we would kiss goodnight to. You guys did that, right? No matter. All Star Bash was an event held by Just Drift but organized by Brian Harte of Pink Godzira, one of the oldest American drift "crews". This event had a pretty simple, yet hard to meet requirement: no ugly cars.

Oh, and you had to be either a part of Ziptied or invited.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PO4dje-zTL0[/youtube]

I literally watched this on repeat as a kid, dreaming of one day being a part of this insane event. Just ask my mom, she knows this song by heart!

Well, shortly after the car became teal in 2009, I received a message from Brian. An invitation to drive in his event. Oh my GOD. Giddy? No. Excited? No. I could jump off a bridge in utter hysteria, but that wouldn't do any good. Crap, I needed to put money together for tires! I remember buy about 10 pairs of Feddys. Somewhere along the lines of $1,500. Christ, do I really wanna get back into this?

I remember taking Friday off from work just to load up the truck and prepare the car with my friend, Devin. I certainly didn't want to forget anything... What was I forgetting? Well, I couldn't remember, obviously, that's why I forgot. Irrelevant.

We headed up that night, hitting the road through the busy Friday night city making our way towards the darkness. The cool bay breeze slowly drifted into a warm arid desert air, the stars starting to appear one by one as the glowing mask of the city was now hidden behind the massive chain of mountains we were winding in between, "I Can't Drive 55" appropriately blaring over the radio. After what seemed like an eternity, we finally crested the last mountain to find light again; sweet civilization. Another 20 minutes and we were pulling up to the gates of Willow Springs. The distant rumble of generators and revving engines sparked the sudden realization that this was IT.

We pulled up without much of a plan. There weren't many pits set up just yet and it was darker than hell, with the exception of a huge enclosed trailer with lights beaming in every direction from it. Like a moth who had lost its way, the truck magically started rolling in that direction. As we pulled up, Luke Lonberger greeted us and offered to have us pit next to him. Well... don't mind if we do! We set up our EZ up, parked the car underneath, unloaded the tools and wheels and went to grab the tent.

The tent. THE TENT!

Well, there was no turning back at that point, the track had locked its doors right behind us. Hah. Luckily for us, it was mid June in the middle of the desert so we at least had that on our side. We ended up unhooking the trailer from the truck and driving the up the mountain some, with the air mattress in the truck bed.

That was the first time I'd ever slept under the stars and let me tell you, it was eye opening.

Do you realize how many stars are in the universe? Like, HOLY TOLEDO BATMAN. Planet of the Apes is out there somewhere, I'm telling you. But I digress.

I'd set an alarm for 7am to make it to driver's meeting by 8. Well the sun sent a giant "FJCK YOU" at around 5:56am when it unleashed Satan's wrath and all hell on my face in the form of a damned solar flare.

At least sun rise was pretty through a pair of facking sun glasses. It also gave me a minute to prepare the car and set up the pits.

8 was driver's meeting.

I'm sunburned. SUNBURNED AT 8AM. Also apparently blind because what on Earth am I wearing?! What a dweeb!

I got to be one of the first cars lined up for track "walk" no thanks to Mr. Sun over there and his rude awakening. Still a little bitter about that. We had a track walk because this was the first ever time WSIR would open up their Streets of Willow course to drifters. Yes, we got to be the first to totally destroy a perfectly fine racing track.

For the morning sessions, I really just tried to keep the car on the track, which was scary. I was infernally miserable at driving Horse Thief Mile, and known for crashing in straight lines with no obstacles at the Balcony. A skidpad. For crying out loud.

As the day progressed, I realized I really could use more power. The bone stock SR was having some difficulty linking some of the corners (read, I suck at driving) even on 215/40 17s. I remember Ueo talking about tire pressures in a volume of Doriten video so I thought I'd give that a try. Headed back to the City Tire booth and asked for some air. About 65 pounds. Cool.

Went back out for a lap; better but not quite there.

I headed back to City tire and grabbed the nozzle myself, pumping air into the rears. And pumping. And pumping.

What did the gauge read? 110psi? Bitchin', let's go drifting.

Damn, Gina! This thing was flying now!

The day was incredibly hot, temperatures somewhere in the high 90s. I remember fooling my friends with little drinks I had prepared that Friday (instead of doing more important things like loading my facking tent in the truck). I had grabbed a few empty bottles of Redline Water Wetter I had and after washing them out, put pink Kool-Aid in them and drank that around the pits to keep cool. Everyone tried nicely explaining to me that I was pretty much going to die. Priceless.

As the sun finally started laying its head on the mountain-top pillow and the cooler air of dusk started settling in, announcements of a team tandem competition started being made over the PA system, which was surprising because up to that point, they had literally been playing the Keyboard Cat theme song on a loop at maximum volume. Years of therapy I underwent because of that.

I didn't have much of a team at the time because the rest of Mulsanne had pretty much chumped out on the invite we had and I was by myself, so I started riding this glorious bicycle around the pits in search for the winning team.

Felt kind of like that guy who ends up on a bike after losing his license on the wangan and shows up to Daikoku PA looking for a ride.

I eventually found myself victorious after finding 3 other friendless loners who were willing to crash with me, some crazy Norcal kid with an S13 and a massive BN Sports named Matt Field, a gold FC driver named Daniel Kuo and the driver of a Federal liveried S13 named Michael Something.

His last name is not actually "Something."

There were some pretty amazing team names being submitted. Wrong Way, Coming Soon, Risky D!cks and JTP's Mom were a few that I can remember off the top of my head. Somehow we came up with the name, Daughter Wreckers, which I think was up to par.

We got a few runs at practice. Matt's car had a 350hp SR in it and he was leading since we had all agreed that he was probably less likely to spin out than all of us. Needless to say, my 110psi of madness couldn't exactly keep up, but man was I trying.

On our last practice run I decided it would be more proactive to examine the mobile light pole in the middle of the track than to finish my run.

That was goodbye and goodnight to my sacred DMAX Type II bumper, but definitely not goodnight for me!

Other teams were ripping it up as we watched their runs in anticipation of our turn.

Finally our turn. We gave it all we had, but it just wasn't enough.

Don't know where the other two dudes went.

We actually ended up taking second place that night which was quite an accomplishment! The remainder of the evening was spent drinking, singing loudly and repairing my poor bumper; nobody had faith that it was revivable but I spent an hour on that bastard just to prove the critics wrong!

Well, it wasn't exactly back to its former glory, but at least I wasn't without a bumper. That would be a total no no!

Sundays at All Star Bash are more of a relaxed day. Usually open track all day long, both Streets of Willow and Horse Thief Mile. I had avoided HTM on Saturday as I had a 100% car fatality record thus far on that track, meaning the only way the car would get home usually was to forklift it onto my trailer.

But what the hay, I was feeling adventurous that day and some of the Risky Devil dudes were out on HTM so I figured why not.

I was actually having a miraculously good day, getting good vibes, driving with good friends who had not ugly cars. You know, that seems to have a pretty big impact. It's such a bummer these days to go to the drift events and see a bunch of dudes with hacked up monstrosities for cars, V8s in the tubed engine bays, and to them, they have a finished drift car. That is the height of their ambition for their Holy Grail. A giant pile of s***. People just don't take pride in their cars anymore. Why is that? I don't know about you, but often times I find myself sitting in the garage or the driveway just STARING. Staring at my perfection, imperfection, just admiring my creation. It makes me excited, it brings such joy just to know I've created something I love and such motivation to find the things I want to fix.

These dudes just show up, smack walls and each others cars and never fix the damage. It's disgusting.

But anyway.

I ended up finishing the day early by breaking the rear subframe on a gargantuan dirt drop, and since I have not driven HTM since that day, my record remains at 100% of me sucking at driving this track.

I did make some great friends- no, FAMILY- that weekend, memories to last until the day I die, and ambitions to drive again one day.

Drive again? Oh yeah, almost forgot. Almost like immediately after this event, I ended completely parting this car out in order to buy an R32 sedan which never came.

But does the story really end there? No way! This is merely the end of the chapter!

I know a few of you follow me on Instagram, but for those who don't, here is the sneak peak:

vanwintera

I made an account purely to reply to this thread, so here goes. I have spent the last 2ish hours reading through this thread, and man it's been a hell of a ride for you huh? My buddy is selling is 92 hatch with an sr20 which I was considering buying and I was originally looking up some question I had when I found this thread, but I've since forgot the question in this whole mix. Anyways, what's your instagram? I'm interested in seeing what you've been up to.

Return to “240sx General Discussion”