Teddy's "I drive my track car on the street" BUILD

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
iLLusive240^
Car: Redtop S14 238 whp :D

havent looked at this in a while but the 4 door will be gettin a bunch of whores man nice looks good and i wish you would bear my first born.

OM3GA
Car: A Sexy Mobile, 1993 Nissan 240sx 180sx Hatcher

autoeurotec wrote:damnnnn man now after seeing all this im selling my 240 for a skyline lol
Follower.

lilRillo
Car: S14 Kouki SR20

Looks dope! and if u need a custom driveshaft i would def use driveshaft shop! :bigthumb:

S13Teddy
Car: R32 Skyline, S13

So I ran out of money because I haven't had any work since I came back from Detroit. So I went and bought a diff for the S13 and have been taking it out drifting every week. Keeps me happy since I haven't really gone drifting in a looooong time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... EPHT1W1d5E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CInQ7oEx ... re=related

Then came this wonderful occurrence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... EBN8EovbxA

So then I took my camera out the next night and recorded some of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... MHy-KMqDzE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... pn7rE7WhPQ

There's more but I'm not going to post it online just yet :)

So that's the update with me. The Skyline will be sitting until I pick up more work in January.. For now I sent my wheel in to get repaired so hopefully I'll be ready to go by the next rainfall on Thursday night ;)

Sorry I couldn't get the Youtube videos to embed. I'm retarded.

ILoveMyRHS13
Car: 1990 Nissan 240sx (Hatch)

Holy s*** I can't stop watching the "Onramp drifting" video. Awesome stuff dude. :)

Chris28
Car: 92 s13 KA-T

Saw the videos on your blog, 3 car tandem is awesometown.

rsmithdrift
Car: 1993 240sx fastback se.

Damn it dude. Guard rails suck lol

God I wish I had someone to tandem with around here. So many driftable mountains and so much rain and no one to drift with... wth. I know I'm not the only one in this town that goes for a sideways drive when it rains... I cant be.

240lookis
Car: 1990 240sx hatch

bummer that your clean hatch is gettin beat, but whatever, the fun of it all is worth it.

sick videos though and I wish you merry street drifting

S13Teddy

240lookis wrote:bummer that your clean hatch is gettin beat, but whatever, the fun of it all is worth it.
I originally had bought it/built it to be a car that would always be clean that I wouldn't mess up.

But I got over that really fast and decided, why the hell would I have this car that is totally capable of drifting and looking awesome at the same time, just to have it sit pretty in my god damned driveway? That's pointless and worthless.

So I decided I would actually drive the stupid car instead of being a biitch.

It IS way more worth it.

s13_chris
Car: 90 240sx Hatch

S13Teddy wrote: But I got over that really fast and decided, why the hell would I have this car that is totally capable of drifting and looking awesome at the same time, just to have it sit pretty in my god damned driveway? That's pointless and worthless.
So damn true. I'm coming more and more to this realization. Bummer on the wheel(s). Did you catch traction and get pulled in? Hope you get it back on the road soon!

AZ89two4Tsx
Car: 2017 VW GTI, 14 Honda CBR650F

Cressida?

S13Teddy

s13_chris wrote:
S13Teddy wrote: But I got over that really fast and decided, why the hell would I have this car that is totally capable of drifting and looking awesome at the same time, just to have it sit pretty in my god damned driveway? That's pointless and worthless.
So damn true. I'm coming more and more to this realization. Bummer on the wheel(s). Did you catch traction and get pulled in? Hope you get it back on the road soon!
I was trying to use a shallower line to catch up to Nieko because I wanted to ride his door, but I went too far inside. I tried ripping the ebrake to slide me back out but it didn't lock up and the car understeered up into the guard rail.

Christian - Yeah it's a Cressida with a Chaser front. It just got a 1JZ recently, I can't wait to see it back out on the road.

feoo
Car: '89 240sx Coupe

next wheel choice?

Madhatter969
Car: 95' SE s14 - build project
05' Evo VIII - DD

Damn I just read this whole thing.... F*cking amazing man.

S13Teddy

feoo wrote:next wheel choice?
Well for now these wheels are getting fixed, but eventually the VS-KFs will be migrating onto the S13 and the Skyline will be getting something else. Won't be for a while though.

motoman399
Car: 98' wrecked (RHD coming soon) 240

i didnt catch it, but what diff did you get?

S13Teddy

Even if I told you what kind off differential it is, you wouldn't know what it was or even how to begin understanding how it works. It's a special type of differential modification method that was developed in Europe and the Middle East and I had the privilege of being able to test out this technology in my car. It works miracles, really. I can spin the wheels with no problem whatsoever, even with my stock KA. It's been more or less on the market for quite some time, but people really underestimate its ability.

The technology was developed by research engineers in the Middle Ages.

It is known as welding.

feoo
Car: '89 240sx Coupe

Tires were a lot more abundant in the middle ages as well.

troskinatior
Car: A Two Tone Piggy Coupe

S13Teddy wrote:
Christian - Yeah it's a Cressida with a Chaser front. It just got a 1JZ recently, I can't wait to see it back out on the road.
Any more info? Maybe a build thread?

S13Teddy

motoman399
Car: 98' wrecked (RHD coming soon) 240

S13Teddy wrote:Even if I told you what kind off differential it is, you wouldn't know what it was or even how to begin understanding how it works. It's a special type of differential modification method that was developed in Europe and the Middle East and I had the privilege of being able to test out this technology in my car. It works miracles, really. I can spin the wheels with no problem whatsoever, even with my stock KA. It's been more or less on the market for quite some time, but people really underestimate its ability.

The technology was developed by research engineers in the Middle Ages.

It is known as welding.
seriously you typed a whole paragraph to tell me you have the best diff available? lol good stuff man, thanks for the ???history??? lol ps i met you at the last ZOMGBBQ that was fun

S13Teddy

I was bored. :crazy:

Lol welded diff is hardly the best diff available, although if I'm not mistaken some FD drivers are still running welded diffs? LOL. Irrelevant anyway.

AZ89two4Tsx
Car: 2017 VW GTI, 14 Honda CBR650F

S13Teddy wrote:There is a build thread!

http://www.socal-drift.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2764
Cool build. Weird how an R32 lip fits a Jzx bumper.

Papadirty
Car: 2003 honda accord V6 running 302whp

Teddy: New to this whole import thing and 240SX deal. What kinda car is the grey / black one with 4 doors, I've look threw this thread but I can't find it in the 43 pages haha. Any suggestions for someone just starting and looking for a 240sx? Sorry for being such a tool/noob. Just want to get all the info before I drop money on a car, being in trade school isnt easy on money, let alone trying to build a car on the side.

rsmithdrift
Car: 1993 240sx fastback se.

Papadirty wrote:Teddy: New to this whole import thing and 240SX deal. What kinda car is the grey / black one with 4 doors, I've look threw this thread but I can't find it in the 43 pages haha. Any suggestions for someone just starting and looking for a 240sx? Sorry for being such a tool/noob. Just want to get all the info before I drop money on a car, being in trade school isnt easy on money, let alone trying to build a car on the side.
Pages 40 41 42 are full of info on the grey car... I believe it's called a R32 Skyline in japan. But it doesn't fit in in this country cause those are too fast for american safety standards LMAO. It jumped the boarder. I don't think it'll ever have a green card... haha.

And that R32 lip DOES NOT fit or look good on that cressida AT ALL.

S13Teddy

The one with the 4 doors is a 1990 Nissan Skyline R32 GTS-t Sedan. Don't think that could have have been explained any clearer. Haha.

What do you want to do with your future 240sx? What are your plans? Make a clean street car that you will drive around for pleasure, or do you want a car to learn how to drift, whether it be on the track or on the road? If you are looking to build a clean street car, then I suggest you you spend the extra time looking for your car on Craigslist or dealerships or wherever to find a 240sx that isn't damaged, has full interior, and all (or most options working). Just as an example, I bought my red S13 for $1400 from the orignal owner with full working options and a super clean body.

Now if this will be your first car to learn drifting or racing (real racing, not street racing) then you should probably somewhat overlook the cleanliness of your car because the harsh reality is... you are going to crash it. Everyone does, and I can count the number of drift friends still on their first drift car on one hand. And if they are, it definitely isn't clean anymore.

Now keep in mind, to go drifting and learn correctly, all you need is your stock engined S13, a stiffer suspension setup (whether it be shocks/springs or full coilover which is recommended), and a differential.

Here is a photo at my first drift event:

All the car had was a stock SOHC engine, cheapo coilovers and a welded differential. I used this setup for over a year unchanged and learned to keep up with SRs and other more powerful cars. Keep in mind YOU DO NOT NEED POWER TO DRIFT. You need technique.

Sorry I'm kind of rambling. Let me know whatever other questions you have.

Papadirty

The rambling is good. I need to know all I can. My plans for a 240SX would be buy one and drive it back to my home in Labrador Canada in April and start small, exhaust CAI coilovers and such. Then once I finish school really put money into the car, there is a HUGE lack of race tracks up here in Canada. So I don't think the car would see much racing if any at all. So I'm more or less after a car I can DD and drift on the street here and there. I've never put anything sideways on pavement but I can hold a silverado sideways for days on ice :D

I've read most of your thread but of course I haven't got to the part about it being a skyline, didn't know they came in 4 door and I might have fallen in love a little bit.

S13Teddy

rsmithdrift wrote:It jumped the boarder. I don't think it'll ever have a green card... haha.
No, the car I was originally going to buy was going to jump border from Canada. This is a completely different car and did no such thing. It was already imported into the States years ago from Japan.
Papadirty wrote:The rambling is good. I need to know all I can. My plans for a 240SX would be buy one and drive it back to my home in Labrador Canada in April and start small, exhaust CAI coilovers and such. Then once I finish school really put money into the car, there is a HUGE lack of race tracks up here in Canada. So I don't think the car would see much racing if any at all. So I'm more or less after a car I can DD and drift on the street here and there. I've never put anything sideways on pavement but I can hold a silverado sideways for days on ice :D

I've read most of your thread but of course I haven't got to the part about it being a skyline, didn't know they came in 4 door and I might have fallen in love a little bit.
If you live in Canada, then you're looking for the wrong car. A 240sx isn't what you want. You want a 180sx, considering they're legal in Canada (right? Haha) and are a much better platform to begin with.

Also, it is possible to find Skylines in Canada for the same price as a 180sx, (anywhere from $4500 up) so I suggest you do some research on forums like GTRcanada.com before you make any decisions.

Papadirty

Skylines are easy to come by around here. You can pick up a R32 for 5000$ - 11 000$, super clear and stock no problem. That and the 240SX is what I'm trying to decide between actually.

project213
Car: 1990 s13 hatchback, s13 sr20det, s15 6sp transmission.

Sick videos teddy, wish i was in your area, would love to go ride out on some of those adventures. and loving all the builds lol. Cant wait to see how the r-chassis comes out

Return to “240sx General Discussion”