TCS Off ight on and SLIP light on

General discussion area for the L32-chassis Altima
majormcrae
Car: 2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

I have a 2007 Nissan AltimaT 3.5 SE. The Traction Control System light comes on along with the SLIP light and stays on. The car starts moving slowly when accelerating and a noise under hood top front is heard. The Engine Service light came on before this happened and is also still on.
When I turn the car off and back on it lights go out but come back on in short order. Any ideas?

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

Get car run for DTCs, it's telling you something is wrong.

majormcrae
Car: 2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Yes. I know something is wrong. I did a DTC analysis and it points to needing a tune up (spark plugs changed) and fuel ejectors cleaned. I still feel there is more to the issue than these two issues but I will soon find out. Got an appointment for tune up/ejectors cleaning in a couple of days.

northstar ninja
Car: 74 260Z, 92 240sx hatch.

Could be a damaged wheel sensor or wheel sensor wire? If that's the case i would think the ABS light would also be on- since both of those systems get signal from those sensors. + others.

leaton10
Car: 2008 Altima Manual Coupe

I'm having the same problem. Also it seems to steer oddly as well and will drag one side or the other.
I think that is the traction control causing one of the brakes to drag. I was also thinking it would be a wheel sensor, but no ABS light.
Did you get your problem fixed? If so, what was it?

Return to “4th Generation Altima Sedan (2007-2012)”