Tail of Dragon Jan. 16+17 2010

A forum for official Nissan press releases, general information and online reviews. This is also the place to announce or discuss current and past Z-related events.
sammiesurfer4u
Car: 240sx

I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade here but the dragon is 318 curves in 11 miles can get pretty insane and exhilarating and dangerous however, they're are a couple of things to keep in mind...

- It is a US highway so it is patrolled by both NC and TN state and local police all eager to give speeding tickets! I know..my buddies got a few!

- This area is a hot spot for anyone with motorcycles...some of which should not even be on this road as they tend to cut corners and veer into your lane...not good since there is no pull offs

- Tractor trailers sometimes go down these roads making it really dangerous for on coming traffic.

- Wildlife... There is a a lot of them! My friend went off the road trying to avoid hitting a freakin turkey

- Steep drop offs with no guard rails - no need for explanations...

Other than that, it's a cool place to at least drive on once and experience it. Hell, while you're down there, might as well see fugitive dam...the dam that Harrison Ford jumped off of while filming the fugitive..

Also, there are a bunch of beautiful roads to ride on like the Cherahala skyway, Devils Triangle and such. But in terms of a meeting place, there is only on place to stop which is in Deal's Gap and will most likely be swamped by bikers. I doubt that you'll be able to park there especially if you plan to do this in the weekend.

Putting together a big tail of the dragon run on these two dates. I live in greenville sc which is about 3 hours away and i have a group of about 6 or 7 and we are going to be there around 3pm on saturday. Ive already talked to a couple people in virginia and nc who said they are coming. This is a meet for anything. Right now there are 5 3gs coming and a miata and a couple nissans. here is the schedule as of now.

Saturday:4-5pm- arrive at the hotel check in and get to know eachother.6pm-everyone will drive and we will all go out to eat and get to know eachother some more8pm- Find something to do around town(maybe bowling or something random lol) or head back to the hotel and chill

Sunday:9am-Free breakfast at the hotel10am-Begin our journey to the tail of the dragon and drive it and the surounding roads for a while1pm-lunch and chill time and then poeple can start leaving whenever they want.

Locals dont have to stay at the hotel but it would be cool if yall could meet us both days just so everyone gets to know eachother. Havent decided on the exact hotel yet but im looking at a couple and im trying to keep it cheap but still kinda nice. All cars are welcome. spread the word. To get in touch with me you can call or txt me at 864-419-7384 or find me on facebook. My names spencer tarkenton. Im going to constantly watch the weather around that week and if its looking snowy around those dates we may have to cancell on short notice but hopefully that wont happen. Hope to see you there!

Cherohala Skyway NC

Return to “Z-Series News and Events”