Synthetic Oils?

Home of the Nissan Cube forum and CubeDriver.com
rev2red
Car: 2007 Honda S2000

Would the cube benefit from using synthetic oil? Our cube is used in 95% stop-n-go city type of driving.

Thanks,Tom

D3stro

Why not? Every vehicules can benefit from synthetic oil. Better start at cold weather. Get warmer faster. You ''can'' wait a little bit longer between oils changes compared to regular oil, but some people will still do them as the manual book recommand. You can better lubrification with synthetic. So overall, it only can help.

rev2red
Car: 2007 Honda S2000

Since the Cube has a CVT tranny, I wasn't sure if that would change the dynamics of the actual engine or not. So if we did convert to synthetics, it is best to do the change after the break-in, right?

krisackermann
Car: 1996 infiniti i30

im running sythetic in mine. one thing i will say is make sure u keep up on oil changes every 3,750 and have all recipts of it. i know at our dealer we get alot of the 1.8 in the versas come in with oil consumption. blown rings and oil in the intake.. and to warrenty the engine nissan is very strict on seeing oil changes. and they normally happen with around 6 thousand miles and more on an oil change. also we have seen them have the same problem with high reving also.. so far no cubes have come in. but then im the only who has brought in for an oil change so far.

Return to “Cube Forum”