SWAP YOUR CUBE OEM STEREO

Home of the Nissan Cube forum and CubeDriver.com
Chris24rayner
Car: 2010 Nissan Cube S series

Just had a couple of questions though I'm sure you've had enough of them.

1.where did you place your amp and where did you attach your ground wire?

2.also where was a good opening for your firewall through to your battery for the amp?

3.Can I just buy a Nissan adapter and use a smaller stero and get a kit to fill the space? I just don't have a big stereo with nav and all that.

Thanks for your time-Chris

damian666robin
Car: 2009 nissan cube

Chris24rayner wrote:Just had a couple of questions though I'm sure you've had enough of them.

1.where did you place your amp and where did you attach your ground wire?

2.also where was a good opening for your firewall through to your battery for the amp?

3.Can I just buy a Nissan adapter and use a smaller stero and get a kit to fill the space? I just don't have a big stereo with nav and all that.

Thanks for your time-Chris
1.my amp is under the driver seat

2.i drill a whole thru the firewall just behind the location of the oem intake box

3.yeah you can buy a harness and bracket kit the kit will have the pieces to install a 1 din size stereo with no problems, if they dont recomend you already ask for the antenna adapter for nissan,s you are going to need one for your new stereo

4. the ground for the stereo can be run off any free metal piece you can reach...good luck with the installation :dblthumb:

oh i forgot to say also try to run the rca wires in one side and the power wires in another side for your amp
when they all run together they may get static noise thru your stereo
my rca wires are under the center console going down under the driver seat
the power,ground and remote wire is run under the dash and on the other side by the door of the driver side

Chris24rayner
Car: 2010 Nissan Cube S series

Sorry but I just had one more question

I have everything hooked up fine but I'm having a hard time getting the power cord through the firewall.I really can't reach it and I've used a coat hanger but I just can't get it through.any suggestions of how you did it step by step? Thanks

damian666robin
Car: 2009 nissan cube

here is a pic where i drill thru the fire wall and how will the wire look like...

it was a bit easier for me since i did it when i install my stillen intake

samskers
Car: 2010 Nissan Cube

Do the steering wheel controls still work with an aftermarket stereo?

chompsticks
Car: Cube Krom

Only if you but an aftermarket radio with a steering wheel adaptor and then you have to buy a separate adaptor, I think pac-swi jack or something similar to it.

samskers

So two separate steering wheel adaptors?

chompsticks
Car: Cube Krom

Oh no, sorry. you only need to get one adaptor as long as your new radio has the plug for one.

samskers

But it is possible if you have the right after market stereo to get the steering wheel controls (all of them) working? I have a Clarion CZ500 and its a single din but the shop I took it to only got the volume buttons to work. I'm not happy.

Fuzzygod
Car: 2010 Cube

Ok so I have 2010 cube looking to put the Bluetooth bypass on I was told the bluetooth module is under the passanger seat so far I can't find it can some help please

Kamora
Car: 2012 Nissan Cube

None of the photos are displaying, I been looking all over the internet to replace my stereo. :crazy:

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Fuzzygod wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:47 am
Ok so I have 2010 cube looking to put the Bluetooth bypass on I was told the Bluetooth module is under the passenger seat so far I can't find it can some help please
You will need to remove the door sill trim, move the seat back and pull the carpet up slightly to access the plug.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Kamora wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:48 pm
None of the photos are displaying, I been looking all over the internet to replace my stereo. :crazy:
It looks like that Photobucket account may have been closed. NICOclub has no control over that, so there's no way to recover the missing images.

Return to “Cube Forum”