Suspension Lifts 101

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
quaint bucket
Car: 97 path

I was reading about suspension lift since I need to eventually replace my struts, shocks, etc so I figured.. why not look into this.
Ron Burgundy wrote: Note the differences in advertised lift gained between the two websites. The numbers are inaccurate and up for debate – however, the majority of OME users claim a 1.75’ gain. Update: the OME Heavy Duty coils will provide approx. 1.75” of lift – The medium and light duty will provide 0.75”-0.5” respectively.
1.75' lift? Sounds like I could go anywhere I want :naughty:

Thanks for the post, I just want to say that. :)

xswamperx
Car: 1998 Pathfinder R-50 SE

Hey Fleury just a follow up for ya on my Pathi. After racking my brain on this girl for the past few months i finally found the thunking problem I was telling you about on the passenger side. I ordered a new OEM CV joint when I had originally put her back together. Well i decided to pull out the new cv out again to see if it was in fact the one i had ordered. Turns out the one GSP sent me was wrong cv in the correct packaged box, it was 3/4" too long! Man was I ticked off. Got another one from another place, correct length this time,, installed it again and viola! No more knocking! Man what a clust f**k that was. Im so glad I pulled that cv off again. Now were back 4x ing again. And Pathis running fantastic! Again thx for the awesome spacers. Talk with ya soon.

fleurys
Car: 2001 Pathfinder , Locked and loaded !

Thats`s great news. ! good for you ! You`re welcome for the spacers ...

S.

R50oOKRULLOo
Car: 2001 Nissan Pathfinder

Again awesome post very informational. I was wondering how big could you go with a 1.75 inch lift from emu. As is I'm stock and running 30.5x10r16 with no problem. And is there anything wrong with just using the 1inch coil spacers to achieve the same.

Josh G.
Car: '98 QX4 "Project: Goldfinger"

bgruhn76
Car: 2000 Nissan Pathfinder SE Ltd 2WD - Black

I just ordered same kit ^^^

Which camber kit do I need?

atraudes
Car: 2001.5 Infiniti QX4 4WD

dml996
Car: 2001 pathfinder

Stupid question: Where do i put the Camber bolts? in the lower or upper hole at the bottom of the strut? or just give them to the Alignment shop and say please install these for me.

dml996
Car: 2001 pathfinder

Question # 2. After installing the front spacers the Cv boot at the end of the Axle is only 2 mm max away from the bottom of the strut. The stock stide is almost 1/2 " away from it. It this normal and will the cv boot not rub against the strut when in motion?

Hawairish
Car: 2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD

dml996 wrote:Stupid question: Where do i put the Camber bolts? in the lower or upper hole at the bottom of the strut? or just give them to the Alignment shop and say please install these for me.
Top is what I've seen recommended the most, but in my case, I went with bottom (and it shouldn't matter). When up top, the bolt wouldn't fully cycle because the strut mount would contact the knuckle. When at bottom, no problems.

If you don't have the means to torque them tightly, you should have the alignment shop install them.

Hawairish

dml996 wrote:Question # 2. After installing the front spacers the Cv boot at the end of the Axle is only 2 mm max away from the bottom of the strut. The stock stide is almost 1/2 " away from it. It this normal and will the cv boot not rub against the strut when in motion?
Do you have different CV boots? Are they still secured properly?

Qxx4
Car: Infiniti qx4

Hello guys well my stock shocks and struts are shot and i want to replace them so what do u guys recommend for aftermarket shocks and struts and its stock height

99.5 pathfinder
Car: 1999.5 pathfinder

Ok so I'm new on here

99.5 pathfinder
Car: 1999.5 pathfinder

But I've got a question about the krypton 4 inch sfd if I drop the sub frame 4 inches can i lift the suspension 2 inches with out any cv axle binding in other words will that keep the axle at a safe working usable angel any help would be appreciated thanks guys and by the way it's a 99.5 pathfinder se limited

NismoChris
Car: 2000 Infiniti Qx4 nearly stock 245/74/r16 A/T

99.5 pathfinder wrote:But I've got a question about the krypton 4 inch sfd if I drop the sub frame 4 inches can i lift the suspension 2 inches with out any cv axle binding in other words will that keep the axle at a safe working usable angel any help would be appreciated thanks guys and by the way it's a 99.5 pathfinder se limited
Short answer yes, because SFD maintains the original geometry. The angles are all the same just lower by 4". So if one can lift a stock r50 2", and many have, then you can too- with a SFD. Why, that is the real question, haha.

Bcrampton16
Car: 2000 pathfinder

I have a 2000 pathfinder and I have purchased the 2" lift springs front and rear and also the 2 1/2 inch strut and rear spring spacers. My question is will I need anything else like extended brake lines or anything to put this lift on? It's my daily driver and I don't want to get stuck while installing it.

Thanks guys!!

frankcreviston
Car: 96 pathfinder

I am new to this forum. I am also the proud owner of a 96 nissan pathfinder. I am currently working with an engineer in hopes of coming up with an 8 in. Suspension lift kit . Please reply if yhis would be something that you are interested in you guys can contact me and I can possibly set something up . I know kryptin or krypton was the only other fabricators I know of . Anyway I will be posting the progress of my kits and let me know if your interested :)

Hawairish

frankcreviston wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:10 pm
I am new to this forum. I am also the proud owner of a 96 nissan pathfinder. I am currently working with an engineer in hopes of coming up with an 8 in. Suspension lift kit . Please reply if yhis would be something that you are interested in you guys can contact me and I can possibly set something up . I know kryptin or krypton was the only other fabricators I know of . Anyway I will be posting the progress of my kits and let me know if your interested :)
Welcome. You might get more visibility posting this as a new thread. Though, are you just talking about an 8" SFD?

d.carver875

Looking at lifting my 98 in the near future. Instead of doing after market coils and springs and struts etc could i just replace with stock components then do like 3 or 4 inches worth of strut spacers?? or is it more recommended that i get a 2 in kit then add spacers on top? also plan on adding warn hubs at the same time

txv6
Car: 01 QX4 4WD

Looking at this myself at the moment.

https://sfcreation.com/products/1-all-a ... fe2368d719

jonnom130
Car: 2006 Infiniti G35 sedan

2002 Nissan Pathfinder LE installed 2.5” front and 2” rear supreme suspension lift spacers.
Attachments
D12EDBA7-C466-43AA-B1D6-10C300159BD9.jpeg

donald
Car: 2001 Infiniti QX4 (RIP, 2011)
2010 Pathfinder LE

d.carver875 wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:29 am
Looking at lifting my 98 in the near future. Instead of doing after market coils and springs and struts etc could i just replace with stock components then do like 3 or 4 inches worth of strut spacers?? or is it more recommended that i get a 2 in kit then add spacers on top? also plan on adding warn hubs at the same time
I'm not very familiar with working with strut spacers, let alone 3-4 inches worth. I've seen 2inch spacers put in, but more as a way to "level" out the vehicle (ie. the rear was high than the front and spacers were used to bring the front up to level out the vehicle).

My question, having had an R50 in the past - are there spacers available for the rear? and if so, I'd be worried about the rear shocks not providing enough extension, topping out the rear shocks occasionally. You may need to go with a bodylift/SFD to get the lift you're looking for. But again, I'll reiterate - I never put more than the 2" suspension lift on my R50 when I had it, but I acknowledge it's possible to lift the R50 (or any vehicle for that matter :) ) beyond the basic suspension lift.

jonnom130
Car: 2006 Infiniti G35 sedan

I was actually looking for larger springs, but it having a very difficult time finding them. The largest spacers I could find were 2 1/2 inches. I don’t think you’ll find spacers any larger than that. Honestly, if you want more than 2 1/2 inches of lift, you should just look into getting larger springs/struts. If 2 1/2 inches is acceptable, I’d highly recommend those spacers. Just make sure you get 2.5 inch front and 2 inch rear. I used that kit and got a level lift all the way around.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”