Supertech Racing Pistons v. Arias v. Ross...v.... the BEST forged pistons?

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

Ivan probably won't reply cause he's a BIT CH. But I'm going with the super techs as soon as I get closer to the 390WHP mark. Until then I'm staying stock. Or until I pop a piston.

At which point I'll do the rods and pistons all at once.

SuperTech coated pistons are the way to go man. Mix those with a set of good rods and your golden for 900WHP or so. Pretty way more then I'll ever actually make.

WD

HolyShiznit
Car: Working on my car

w00t me and WD will be runnin the cheap supertech's on yo asses!

JK, I just like what I saw with their LT1/LS1 stuff.

12valveturbo
Car: s13

I have the supertechs in a sohc 8.1 and love them

wild_maxx
Car: 90 TT pearl yellow z32

hey 12valve, i am going to be running the same pistons 8:1. how is the daily driving like. not to slow in the lower rpm's? are they loud/slapping on cold start-up's?

Florida240sx
Car: 93 Hatch 5spd
2012 altima coupe 2.5s

WD what set of rods would be a good combo? I was just going to get mine treated...I only plan to be 350-400. My VG will be my beast

MykeCo
Car: 1995 Nissan 240sx

I'm currently building up my Ka for a T. I decided to go with "supertech pistons" 8.5:1 cr. "got them from ka24de.com" good guys over there i'd recommend them to anyone. Will be paired up with pauter rods. I am far from being done but when I am. I will post a thread letting everyone know what i think of the products i've gone with.

wild_maxx
Car: 90 TT pearl yellow z32

welcome to the boards mykeCO. looks like you have your mind set which is good. look foward to seeing your build up. i also bought my supertech's from ka24de.com good guys there. good luck on the build

s14 2510's
Car: 96 s14 rb26 2510's fully built, 91 s13 sil truck rb20 in works

I have a set of JE pistons brand new in the box with rings and pins for $500. I would have used them but I gave up building a ka and now have one bad a$$ rb26. I have pics E-mail me at [email protected]

12valveturbo

I can hardly notice the differance going from 8.6.1 to 8.1 bottem end feels nice plus they were 70 grams lighter a piece so less weight to move around. It seems to rev a little nicer than before. love them and ka24de's service

12valveturbo

about the piston slap you have to be really nosey to hear it at cold start up.not noticable at all. couldnt be happier

IvanAtSPRacing
Car: I make cars fast

We have been experiencing failures on the Wiesco pistons lately in the 2JZ. The bottoms of the pistons are cracking. Because its the skirt area, its not hurting performance but it could wreck a motor if a chunk falls out. The cars having the issues are making 1500 WHP which is probably a contributing factor. Wiesco is working on an updated piston for the 2JZ because of this.

I have no experience with the Super Tech pistons. I have used ST valves, springs, and retainers. Seem to be decent pieces. The 9:1 CR is great for turbo applications. For higher boost, the 8.8:1 CR Arais might be more forgiving. The Arias pistons have butterfly cuts for the valves so higher lift cams wont be an issue. Not sure on the ST. The Arais pistons are $18.00 more than the Super Tech.

As far as I see things, there is no reason to run the Pauter rods over Crower rods. The Crower rods are less money, weigh less, and need no modifications to the block to use. The Pauter rods come too close to the bottoms of the cylinders which needs to be clearanced.

240power

Pistons are just one of three things you need to beef up in any engine you plan to Turbo. Along with good forged pistons, performace rods are as important as pistons. The third thing is the crankshaft. One that is Balanced, nitrited, shot peened and striaght. If you're pushing alot of power then a new forged crank is a must. Also, dont buy parts store rod and crank barings... Remember cheap is not the way to go.

veilside180sx

IvanAtSPRacing wrote:We have been experiencing failures on the Wiesco pistons lately in the 2JZ. The bottoms of the pistons are cracking. Because its the skirt area, its not hurting performance but it could wreck a motor if a chunk falls out. The cars having the issues are making 1500 WHP which is probably a contributing factor. Wiesco is working on an updated piston for the 2JZ because of this.

I have no experience with the Super Tech pistons. I have used ST valves, springs, and retainers. Seem to be decent pieces. The 9:1 CR is great for turbo applications. For higher boost, the 8.8:1 CR Arais might be more forgiving. The Arias pistons have butterfly cuts for the valves so higher lift cams wont be an issue. Not sure on the ST. The Arais pistons are $18.00 more than the Super Tech.

As far as I see things, there is no reason to run the Pauter rods over Crower rods. The Crower rods are less money, weigh less, and need no modifications to the block to use. The Pauter rods come too close to the bottoms of the cylinders which needs to be clearanced.
Probably a contributing factor...yeah I'm pretty sure it has a lot to do with it.=) That's A LOT of boost.=)

nissanfanatic
Car: 1992 Nissan 240sx SE

Ivan, just how much boost are you guys running to push that much WHP and from what turbo(s)?

PhastKA-T
Car: 95 Nissan 240SX KA-T

GT 47 88 at over 60 psi with a 175 shot of NOS to boot. We made 1520 whp thru a TH 400 based trans with super high stall. We were consuming enough fuel to make 1900 crank HP.

Gundam240sx
Car: 92 Nissan 240sx

UPDATE!! its been forever since this pistons were on the market. Now you can use CP, Wiseco, or Supertech (Still around). They are very expensive. Know what your doing before you buy. Tip.: Rings must be trimmed to allow expansion. That is all.....

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”