Supercharger???

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
Tokkra240
Car: 1991 Nissan 240SX SE

Current owner of a 1991 Nissan 240sx se rockin the standard ka24de.
i have been tinkering with the idea of Supercharging it vs the A-typical Turbo upgrade.
found forums and sights were a Eaton G62 Supercharger out of a 2002-2012 Nissan Frontier or an Xterra just basically requires an adapter Plate and that's basically it. few vacuum lines moved around here and there, but not much needs to be done.

My question to the Forum is, Has anyone done this yet?

i Understand that there is a provider (Thomas Knight supercharger) that has everything for this project already, but visiting the sight i find myself with an issue of spending basicly 3k on this project... but with this option, his sight seems to be gone. so this option isn't available.

is it possible to just find a junked Xterra or something and scrap the G62 off it.. even if it's blown a rebuild kit for one of these is only about 200.
and if in fact it is blown, it shouldn't be much more than Core weight depending on it's condition.
as for the Adapter Plate, lil bit of trial and error i'm sure even a novice can machine one up, however finding a local shop to do it would probably be a few hundred well spent.

Any Insight would be appreciated.

NukeKS14
Car: 1995 240SX SE - KA24DE-T
AC Cobra Mk IV Rep.
2020 Civic Si

http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=42

Supercharged KAs have been around.

Return to “240sx General Discussion”