Sun roof is stuck tilted upward

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
jinsuk

I left my sunroof open a couple nights ago tilted up and when I tried to close it, it made a lot of sounds like rubber and glass vibrating against the frame of the car.

So I looked online and tried to see what I can do and noticed that you can press the TILT UP button (furthest from the driver) and hold it for 10 seconds to reset the motor. After performing that, now the motor does not do anything when I do the other sunroof button. But the TILT UP button will vibrate for about a second and a half and then stop. If I hold the button it repeats the one and a half vibration sound and does not stop unless I let go. Meaning that I cannot perform a reset anymore.

Any advice on what I should do?

jinsuk

Before I tried the reset, the motor would go through the motions of opening, closing and tilting up/down. But after the reset it does not do that anymore.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Try resetting it again following these instructions:

INITIALIZATION PROCEDURE
If the sunroof does not close or open automatically, use the following procedure to return sunroof operation to
normal.
1. Close the sunroof if it is not in the closed position. It may be necessary to repeatedly push the switch to
close the sunroof.
2. Press and hold the TILT UP switch. Do not release the switch, keep pressure on it. After 10 seconds of
depressing, the sunroof will tilt up, then tilt down. Release the button.
3. Press and hold the TILT UP switch again. Do not release the switch, keep pressure on it. While depressing
the switch, the sunroof will “Slide open” “Slide close” “Tilt up” “Tilt down”. Release the button after the
sunroof “Tilts down” and stops.
4. Initializing procedure is complete. Confirm proper operation of the sunroof (slide open, slide close, tilt up,
tilt down.)

jinsuk

Ah its called Slide open & Slide close.

There was no feedback from it before, but I'm definitely going to try this in a couple hours, thank you very much!

Theres a bit more to the reset I see. I performed a reset while the sunroof was tilted up somehow... But I hope this works.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”