Strips on my QX4

From wax to washes, the Detailing Forum should be used for questions and ideas concerning exterior and interior cleaning and appearance
Randy K
Car: 2002 QX4

I just finished claying my car and while I have all the wax and stuff off, I was wondering is there a way to get the old worn out strips and logos, as in completely worn off in some spots, the rest of the way off? I have the ability to cut and apply new ones if I can get the old ones off without damaging the paint. Thanks for any help. On a side note, why are toyota ads popping up on here?

Randy K

That should read stripes!

Randy K

Ok, had a lot of looks and no suggestions, so I'll put it up here for anyone wondering what I did. I first tried goo-gone and a plastic razor blade. That works at about 3" every 15 mins. So I went to an auto paint and supply store. 3M sells a eraser type disc that goes in a battery drill that takes the stripes off. I still had to re-clay and do a little clean up after, but can barely tell on my black truck where the original stripes were. Just enough to give me a guide to lay down the new stripes. I would caution if you do this, don't let the disc get too hot, could potentially mar the paint.

Return to “Detailing Forum”