Tick Noise From The Gear Knob Area When Brake Applied

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Qashqai

hahahaha! oh my God! ImStricken! What did you do???

I don't believe you changed my profile picture!! You are crazy!!!!

You know what I love that picture and I will keep it there. It will remind me to search for the source of the noise before posting messages on the forum or calling dealership :O)

hahahaha

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

lololol - i LOVE that ice cream truck. really hysterical, and custom just for you, sQash!

(i saved the original pic, in case you wanted it back. i was hoping you wouldnt get offended :) )

Qashqai

NOOO I laughed out loud!! O Love the surprise. Thank you very much ImStricken...That was so funny :O))))

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

O..M..G..!!! You guys just made my day!!!

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

Rogue One wrote:O..M..G..!!! You guys just made my day!!!
LOL - i love that avatar. it makes me laugh every time i see it. one of the funniest ones on here :)

Kittyr
Car: 2016 Nissan Juke

I just took my brand new 2016 Nissan Juke in for this very same reason and the dealership said it shouldn't be clicking that loud. They changed the part and I can barely hear it. They said it was a faulty part. I would take your Rogue in to be on the safe side. I'm glad I took mine in or I would have been left sitting somewhere.

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

obviously there is a normal tick, and then a loud tick. thats the thing about forums; we cant tell. but most cars will tick.

iCONQUER
Car: Nissan march/micra 2003

Hi..
Thank you guys for this informative discussion..
Now i understand that the ticking of the gear knob from P is normal when the brake is pressed..is it also normal that it ticks everytime i.press the brake while on drive mode..i notice that my shift knob ticks everytime i brake on drive or in stationary mode...thanks for the reply

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

iCONQUER, welcome to the forum. you'll love it here.
yes its a normal sound, on most cars. some are just less obvious. this is a interlock system that prevents the gear shifter from moving unless the brake was applied. there are times when a shifter CAN be moved without the brake, and thats typically, from drive to neutral. from neutral to drive. and from reverse to neutral. and up the gears.

iCONQUER
Car: Nissan march/micra 2003

Thank you for the quick reply and thank you for welcoming me here... I just notice the sound this morning while driving..i was holding on the shift knob and i literally feel and hear the tick everytime i press the brake or maybe it becomes more obvious now than before...

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

once you forget about it, you'll stop hearing it lol. its like body aches.... concentrate on a spot - and it starts to hurt. ignore it, and the lil pain goes away lool

HebatAllah
Car: Bluebird Sylphy

Hello! This is my very first post here!
I was interested with your conversation :dblthumb:
The question is, did u start paying attention to the "Real tick" after excluding the true criminal "perfume bottle" :D
Did u notice it, is it quieter or not there at all?!! And how is it feeling if it's ur first time to experience it?😉

Return to “Rogue Forum”