Strange Issues in My 2004 Quest (Gremlin)

A forum for the Nissan Quest... minivan lovers unite!
blaruffa
Car: Nissan Rogue

Have a few strange things happening with our car.1. When you lock the doors it no longer beeps, yes I check and it is set for horn chirp on lock2. The Down Shift button on the gear selector is not selecting a gear when in L and push the button can't get the car into 2, same when in D can get the overdrive off3. Drivers Seat stopped sliding back on exit, yes, I check it is programmed to slide on exit. I did unplug the seat ECU and that did seem to fix the problem.

It is like the Computer is hosed and needs to be rebooted.

How long should I leave the battery disconnected to totally get the ECU's to forget any memory and go back to default.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

tollboothwilley
Car: 2003 G35 Sedan w/ NAV

overnight.

Generally a quick way to reset the ECU is to disconect the negative terminal and depress the brake pedal several times.

Best way is to allow 12 hours of disconnect time for the charge to fully bleed out.

blaruffa
Car: Nissan Rogue

Thanks, I will give that a try. On the horn chirp note, we figured out what happened. One of the kids held the lock and unlock buttons on they key fob at once which disables it regardless of what the setting is on the ECU...

96_Pickup_rusted_out

I know there was a recall on a corrosion building up on the computer, mine was replaced twice. What happened (as I was told) was that the bracket holding up the computer and the computer housing itself was 2 different types of metals and they did not like each other

Return to “Quest Forum”