Strange issue with a crank no start g35

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
Treeldred17
Car: '03 Infiniti G35

Recently purchased this 03 g35 with a crank no start. The previous owner says the car was running great until he hit something on the freeway and destroyed the fuel and evap line under the passenger rear(both repaired/replaced) and the car hasn't started since.
Where it gets weird is I was underneath the car checking stuff out, and with the key in the on position you give the crank sensor a jiggle and the fuel pump would prime. I removed the sensor looked in the hole and found rust and corrosion cleaned it up put the sensor in and the fuel pump stayed running but as soon as I crank the motor no fire.
Definitely no signal to crank sensor because no rpm reading through my scanner when I crank it.
So no spark, but is getting fuel.
Fuses all checked
I even chased the ground wire on the ckp pigtail it has continuity, power wire getting power.
One thing confusing me with this car is the FSM for the 03 ecu pinout does not match. It's got an 04 clip. I went to test the brown wire on the ckp pigtail to the ecu and found pin 95 does not exist, 04 says it should be pin 13 there was no continuity... (did I find the problem) I don't think so because I ended up finding continuity on a completely different pin that neither fsm matches... so I'm really frustrated with this car and any help is appreciated.
Normally I'd never buy someone else project but this car will be badass once it runs and I've never had a VQ so I'm excited and don't mind staring at it I'm the garage for now. Thank you.

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”