Stock Vs. Performance Injectors

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
DoctorVroom
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx

ok my car takes a minute to start before it sputters to life and sometimes will stall out shortly afterwards, Ive replaced plugs wires cap and rotor (im getting around to replacing the rad, water pump, t-stat and hoses but thats off topic i think) I was pretty sure the spark was fine to begin with but i they were cheap and I wanted to give my new vehicle a tune up/fluid changes as i always do when i buy older car.

On to my question, I want to buy a stronger Fuel Pump (walbro or something of that nature) and possibly either bigger or better somehow Injectors but im afraid especially without a tune it will flood the engine and do more harm than good. So should i stick to OEM parts? Or throw the big boys on there?

DoctorVroom

oh and i also replaced the fuel filter and rubber fuel hoses

conway240
Car: '95 240sx

There's two different ways to comment here. First, I'd advise against throwing new/unknown parts at a motor that's not running correctly. Get it fixed and running proper before changing parts. Secondly, without a tune/computer, you'd run very rich if you installed injectors or a higher flowing pump. Best approach, leave the injectors/pump alone until you have a tune or power adders to utilize the additional fuel.

DoctorVroom

Alright so ill stick to the oem parts im fairly certain that its leaking excess fuel from the o-rings or the injectors because the car was sitting for a looooong time before i bought it. I just figured if i can replace something why not get something better

240hatchsx
Car: 93 s13 hatch

Send your injectors and fuel rail to deatchwerks. They will clean and replace o rings, caps and flow match all the injectors together. Do a search for them on this forum best thing I did for my rebuild to ensure everything was running great when it need to be. Also great customer service and turn around time was really quick as well.

DoctorVroom

I tried searching on the KA forum got nothin, wouldn't it cost about the same shipping back and forth and the labor as getting 4 new ones?

DoctorVroom

So you guys sayin I should stick with oem fuel pump too? I figured the duty cycle would just be less if the requirements of the fuel consumption isn't that high

240hatchsx
Car: 93 s13 hatch

Nope not really cost me about half of what new injectors would have been. I had two injectors with bad coils, which they replaced for a price of course then flow matched with the old ones and reinstalled back into fuel rail for a painless plug and play service for your car.

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”