Stock radio upgrade w/ aftermarket equipment 1st gen Rogue

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Cool. Make sure to do a write up with lots of photos. There's some wiring info online at places like NissanPartsZone.com

minibus4
Car: 2008 AWD SL

h4mm3r0g0d wrote:the 2010 krom edition didn't come with the stock usb port.
I got tired of not having a usb port in my 08 so I ripped out the stock stereo and put in an aftermarket. The usb port isnt routed the neatest way and I still need to figure a way to make it look neat when it goes into the center console.

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

minibus4 wrote:
h4mm3r0g0d wrote:the 2010 krom edition didn't come with the stock usb port.
I got tired of not having a usb port in my 08 so I ripped out the stock stereo and put in an aftermarket. The usb port isnt routed the neatest way and I still need to figure a way to make it look neat when it goes into the center console.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Keystone-Wall-P ... 2571af5e53

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

Great find ImStricken! +1 :bigthumb:

ranramon
Car: Altima coupe 2011 with bose no navi-

@ black rouge AND usmc guy ,

please let me know see a short specific write write up so i can show my installer and he could understand, when i do this next week, please i would appreciate it very much
!!!
thanks , please reply and email if u like is [email protected]

whoson1st0
Car: 2010 Nissan Rogue

Hello everyone,

I'll start by saying I know basically nothing after-market upgrades or about the Nissan Rogue in general. My wife and I just had our first baby in November and we just traded in my Hyundai Elantra with lots of bells and whistles for a Santa Fe with similar features. She has a 2010 Nissan Rogue, I believe it's an SL but not positive. It's pretty bare bones aside from AWD and a rear camera which displays on the rear view mirror.

She wants to 'split' driving of both cars, so now I will be driving the Rogue half the time but have gotten use to all the features of my Elantra - some of them being Steering wheel controls, satellite radio, bluetooth audio/phone and push button start. Because of this, I want to see what I can upgrade in the Rogue, but for minimal price, as we don't want to invest TOO much money in this car after having just purchased one.

1. What would be the easiest to upgrade? I'm thinking I could do a new radio that has satellite and bluetooth built-in? It should be something that 'fits' with the rogue, not something that will stick out too much.

2. Is it even possible to get steering wheel controls (without mounting a remote on the steering wheel) if we don't already have them?

3. How easy is it to get push button start?

4. Will any of these affect the trade-in value of the car negatively?

If someone can give me some pointers or point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated. Just searching online there is way too much information to sift through so I thought this would be the best place to start

Than you so much for your help!
Adam
Last edited by Rogue One on Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing thread

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

whoson1st0 wrote:Hello everyone,

3. How easy is it to get push button start?

Than you so much for your help!
Adam
Smart Entry + Push Start System MSRP $349.99 USD

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

today's head-unit kits allow most major brands to integrate your steering wheel controls. visit crutchfield.com

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

ImStricken wrote:today's head-unit kits allow most major brands to integrate your steering wheel controls. visit crutchfield.com
Question #2 suggests that the OP doesn't have steering wheel controls, but wants to add them. And he's on a tight budget. :crazy:

darylzero
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009 SL AWD Premium Pkg.

Rogue One wrote:
ImStricken wrote:today's head-unit kits allow most major brands to integrate your steering wheel controls. visit crutchfield.com
Question #2 suggests that the OP doesn't have steering wheel controls, but wants to add them. And he's on a tight budget. :crazy:
I believe there is a thread on here where someone changed the steering wheel controls, but I don't feel like searching for it

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

If the pre-wiring IS NOT there: Though some cars have an optional sound system with steering wheel mounted radio controls, the expense of adding this feature will be phenomenal. It would involve replacing the stereo, replacing the wheel-added wiring from the clock-spring (airbag interface in column) just to name a few. There is no aftermarket remote that I know of that will do this because of the need for a built in interface in the stereo, and factory and most aftermarket stereos just don't support this. Your best bet will be to completely replace the stereo with a wireless remote equipped aftermarket stereo. These remotes can be "stuck" most anywhere with Velcro™ or double stick tape. This is not quite as convenient or feature packed, but may prove an economic alternative to a factory system.
Source:
Extensive audio and electronics background and current Daimler-Chrysler service advisor.

darylzero wrote:I believe there is a thread on here where someone changed the steering wheel controls, but I don't feel like searching for it
If the pre-wiring IS there: how-to-add-radio-steering-wheel-control-t389024.html

SlimSlammedRogue
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

I can tell you wat it takes to go lower

Tejaus
Car: 2013 Nissan Rogue SV

I want to change the stock radio with some other good touch screen one. but idk tht will it support back up camera o.O and suggest me a good one ;) Please

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

Welcome to NICOclub! There has been much discussion on this topic. Please check this link: 08-13 ROGUE DIY REPAIRS & MAINTENANCE, FAQ & INFO, TIPS, etc. Scroll down to the audio upgrade section.

imme267
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Just as the question says, has anyone tried this? Is it possible? I can just find one of these off of ebay but I was mainly wondering if it is compatible with the older model from 2008.

I would also consider maybe different radios with larger touch screens. I like to change the car to my liking while still keeping the "stock" look. Does that make sense?

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

Welcome to the Rogue forum on NICO!

We have an incredible SEARCH feature on this forum. I've merged your thread with a similar existing one.

CubaLibre
Car: Nissan Rogue SL 2012

My biggest pet peeve with it is that is that I can't listen to podcasts without having to hook up an auxiliary cable. There's some interference with the cable so when I brake, seems like some buzzing gets into the audio.

My second pet peeve, which isn't a big deal, but it would be nice to have upgraded maps, or better yet, just redisplay my Android phone's map, but this isn't deal breaks. The ability to listen to my android's audio through bluetooth would make me happy.

How do I go about finding a good aftermarket or stock upgrade? I'm kind of overwhelmed with all the different aftermarket stereos. Is there a go-to source? Or way to find out if I could stick OEM upgrade of some type?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Rogue One on Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing thread

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

CubaLibre wrote:My biggest pet peeve with it is that is that I can't listen to podcasts without having to hook up an auxiliary cable. There's some interference with the cable so when I brake, seems like some buzzing gets into the audio.

My second pet peeve, which isn't a big deal, but it would be nice to have upgraded maps, or better yet, just redisplay my Android phone's map, but this isn't deal breaks. The ability to listen to my android's audio through bluetooth would make me happy.

How do I go about finding a good aftermarket or stock upgrade? I'm kind of overwhelmed with all the different aftermarket stereos. Is there a go-to source? Or way to find out if I could stick OEM upgrade of some type?

Thanks in advance.
We have an incredible SEARCH feature on this forum. Merged with existing thread.

--------> READ BEFORE CREATING NEW THREAD! <--------
I would start by reading through the previous posts in this thread, then read the posts in the links below.
Is there a go-to-source? Start with http://www.crutchfield.com/. Forget about doing an OEM upgrade, especially if you want GPS. 1) It's not one unit. 2) No free map upgrades. 3) Map system is inferior to aftermarket systems.

AVIC-DX3 Upgrade
Alpine IVA-W205 Upgrade
Bose audio system info
Dimmer control for aftermarket radio
Factory vs. Aftermarket Radio
Kenwood DNX5120
Kenwood DDX319
iPod adapter?
iPod or mp3 player - Connecting
Pioneer Appradio 2
SAT Radio: Converting XM to Sirius
Speakers - Installing Aftermarket Front Speakers