Stock Dunlops made of butter?

In 2014, the G37 Sedan became Infiniti Q50. G37 Coupe and Convertible became Infiniti Q60 under Infiniti's new naming structure - Here's the place to discuss the Q50 and Q60!
Vicellus
Car: 2014 Infiniti Q50S Hybrid

Ok maybe an exaggeration, but I've just come back from my local dealership, leaving it there for the weekend since they don't have any runflat Dunlop SP Maxx 050 blahblahblahs. My question is has anyone else had issues with these tires? I've had to replace one two weeks ago due to a pothole, and another one today from a huge gash that randomly spawned. Really not fun for a $417 tire and mount per piece. Any suggestions to replace it with? I've been considering Michelin Pilot Super Sport A/S 3+...

Oh, and here's my shiny:

And the damage done...

rmyAddison
Car: 2016 Q50 Red Sport

I blew my right front the first week in a Dallas pothole, but I had the optional ding and tire package and it was covered. I HATE these Dunlop Sport Maxx summer run flats, they will turn into Pilot Super Sports when I get some value out of the Dunlops.

Infiniti wants a ridiculous price to add a "spare tire package" but I not staying with run flats, they are loud and easily get overwhelmed, either summer or A/S 3+ Super Sports down the road.

RicerX
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

Those tires SUCK. The end.

I have had the same problem twice myself now. Looking to change up my setup, but I can't execute until summertime.

strikemyrmidon
Car: Current:
2016 Infiniti Q50 Red Sport | Graphite Shadow

Past:
2008 BMW M3 | Melbourne Red
2006 Volvo S60 | Silver
2001 Porsche 911 Turbo | Basalt Black
1993 Mazda RX-7 | Vintage Red

Have been running the stock runflats on my 2016 Q50 RS. I agree that they are complete shiet but I can't seem to get rid of them as I opted for the tire/wheel elite platinum protection insurance and so far have run through 2 sets of wheels and 3 tires. Gotta love NJ roads.

Stealth Q50
Car: 2017 Infiniti Q50 Silver sport 3.0T

I just picked up a 2017 q50 2 weeks ago and ALREADY have a tire losing pressure fast. I guess Mine are s*** as well. Lol Was really hoping they would atleast last until I got some new rims but..... s***.

rmyAddison
Car: 2016 Q50 Red Sport

strikemyrmidon wrote:Have been running the stock runflats on my 2016 Q50 RS. I agree that they are complete shiet but I can't seem to get rid of them as I opted for the tire/wheel elite platinum protection insurance and so far have run through 2 sets of wheels and 3 tires. Gotta love NJ roads.
I'm from South Jersey, but been in Texas since 2000, Dallas roads are just as bad. I got the protection plan too, and it is transferable. I traded my G37 IPL for a QX50, which I never bonded with and traded for a 2016 RS400, the protection package was pro rated and transferred to the Red Sport. Had my first pothole blowout the second week I had the car. Drove a few miles home with zero pressure but had the car towed from my house to protect the wheel, town and replacement were covered by the plan.

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

I'm not a fan of run-flat anything. I just got a set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ and could not be happier. No matter how spirited I drive, no matter wet or dry, these are more like claws than tires. They aren't cheap but you' will soon feel what that extra money buys. Very quiet even at speeds well above 80mph (so I'm told, LOL) and the car handles and rides like you're doing 30mph. As a long time fan of Michelins, I can tell you that the way they perform new remains until the tread is nearly gone. I have tried Hankooks (S1noble2) and they come close to Michelins for handling and quiet, but after about 15,000 miles they begin to sound like snow tires. Some members have also touted Pirelli as well but I haven't tried them.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

My sport wheels with those tires are sitting in my shed. 1 tire has a split at the wheel from a pot hole and 2 others have side bubbles. Guess they need to be runflat as you are ensured to have a flat.

I have at least 200k or more using ContiExtreme DWS tires on Infiniti G/Q products and have never had a single issue and I travel on the same roads that trashed 3 of the Dunlops. I'm running 35/30-series tires on my G running Pilot Sports and they have been great as well...hell, I chipped a wheel due to a pothole yet the tires stood firm.

Return to “Infiniti Q50 / Q60 Forum”