still no spark and no injector fires, 91 q45??????

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
navyman_98_99
Car: 1991 q45

I am completely sure its not the fuel pump, I crawled under the car and it is definetly coming from the transmission. the white wire going to the tps is the one that somehow goes to the transmission. If I unplug it it gives me a transmission malfunction. all I do is turn on the key and push a little on the gas pedal and I can hear it humming away, once I let off of the gas I dont hear it anymore. maybe the kickdown switch for the transmission. Who knows, I sure don't.Thanks Mike

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

The humming is normal, im not sure what it is but BOTH of my Qs have done it! Its probably a relay or some other electrical gizmo in the tranny.

navyman_98_99

Thanks, I was wondering about that. I still am so lost on what could cause my simptoms. I did double check on the spark this morning and sure enough I dont have any spark. I also did what the "walnut" guy did on his forum, and it didn't work. So I must be missing something or a wire is broke somewhere I haven't found yet. All the pinout on my ecu is reading the correct votlage accept the airflow meter. but that would not cause my problems. The only thing that I am not sure about and the fsm, doesn't really go into details is, the voltage on the pinouts, the fsm say that I should have the voltage I have on some of the pins when the car is running, well thae car is not running and I still have the voltage. So is it possible for my ecu to think my car is running. Just a guess!Thanks Mike

3Q Jay
Car: 94 Q45a
95 Q45a (sold)
97 Q45t (sold)
01 B15 Sentra (Daughter's)
Also Mine...
2010 A6 Avant
1977 F-150 (460!)

mine makes that key on buzz as well. from about 1/8 to 3/8 throttle, then it's gone.

did you try the auxilliary grounding of the ecu? could have poor chassis to body frame contact.

shoot, i measured my tcm pin 48 to ground today, and it was like 8-9 ohms.....

3Q Jay
95 Q45a (sold)
97 Q45t (sold)
Also Mine...
2010 A6 Avant
1977 F-150 (460!)

navyman_98_99 wrote:Wess, I cant find the relay for the injectors but I checked the fuse in the enigine compartment and its fine. My manual doesnt show a relay for the injectors, if you could help me out that would be great. Thanks Mike
did we retire this one? there are two relays [at least on the '94] behind the ecm in the body; one for coils [closer to fyrewall] and one for the eccs [closer to the pass front door, i suppose eccs relay is for anti-theft]. if the car thinks it's being stolen....it will shut down a lot of things.....

navyman_98_99

I tested them relays and they are good. I tested the relays in the trunk and in the engine comppartment and the drivers side under the dash. and they are all good. Thanks Mike

skywise6854
Car: 92 q45a

i had the same problem when i redid the hoses and chain guides there are two fuses fro the injectors one in the engine bay and one under the dash in the drivers footwell

this solved my problem

from the way you descibed the symptomes it is definitely not a spark issue but it could be a vacuum issuebut it all points to the injectors

(sorry for any spelling mistakes)

3Q Jay
95 Q45a (sold)
97 Q45t (sold)
Also Mine...
2010 A6 Avant
1977 F-150 (460!)

still no joy?

i'm about out of ideas, but might suggest to make a flow board/schematic, and populate it with each and every related piece, section of harness, relay, fuse, you name it. then, slowly, methodically test each and cross it off the visual board until there is nothing left.i know you might have 'done everything' just that i know i sometimes convince myself i;ve ruled out a leg on the fishbone when i really haven't.

hope you find it soon.

goody90q45
Car: 1992 Q45 (sold)

Haven't heard from you for awhile. Did you ever get the problems worked out on your Q?

navyman_98_99

that would be a no, I took it to a mechanic and he did the same things I did and still didn't find the problem. he said at first his diagnostic scanner could read the infiniti computers but once it was in his shop he found out that his scanner didn't work for infiniti's. so He didn't charge me a penny which is a good thing. The only thing I dont get is that the computer will not go into diagnostic mode at all. it just has the red led, and thats it. I have tried everything. to get it to go into diagnostic mode, but it will not.I am wondering if it is confused or something. it has all the right voltages on all the pins like it should. I dont get this car. The injectors have no pulse coming from the computer, but they all have continuity from the computer wires to the injectors and the all have constant 12 volts like they should. and the computer isn't sending the spark igniters the signal that it sould but it also has all the contiuity that it should. THis isn't only on one computer this is on two of them. so something is not right. the crank sensor is working like it should, all the right voltages and continuity. so the computer should be firing the injectors and spark plugs right?Thanks Mike

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”