chompsticks wrote:It is the same for I think most all Nissan, at least the newer ones. All I know is that it worked for my cube and you can def search it through google. but follow this and it should work. may take a few tries.
push the ignition from OFF to ONthe air bag warning light will appear for about 7 seconds and turns off.then push igniition switch OFF immediately.after ignition switch is turned OFF, wait for about 6 seconds.
after you REPEAT THE PROCEDURE 3 TIMES, push the ignition switch ON, this time the ABS warning light has been reset.step on the brake and push the button to start the car. turn the ignition off and start the car. Hope this will help. I did this procedure to my car and it works.
lkptpete wrote:A little more to it...But still no biggie...This works...By the way, what you did "wrong" is you turned on the ign to test your radio install before to re-connected the airbag light. The system looked for teh warning light, didn't find it a said "something is wrong..." Feel free to disconnect it while doing the install, but in the future, make sure it is plugged in before you turn the ign. back on.
Procedure:Here's the process to reset the air bag light (copied from somewhere else on the forum)... I tried it and it works.
If you have the airbag light, it will show steady for a few seconds (the manual says 7 secs) after you turn the key from off to on (but not start) and then start to flash. Here is how to reset it:
1. Turn the key from off to on.
2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.
3. Count to 5 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)
4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.
5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.
6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.
If it does not work the first time, just repeat the steps again.
I worked on a 09 Sentra the other day and the srs light was flashing,anyway,I went back to the customer today and tried this method and it worked the first try,
thanks you guys very much for an easy fix.
I really appreciate the info here.