Stereo Install Help Air Bag light

Home of the Nissan Cube forum and CubeDriver.com
ohhenrygsr
Car: 1991 Nissan 240SX

Hey guys and Gal's i just finished with the Stereo install and instead of letting the dash hang. I unplugged both the 4-way flashers and the passenger air bag plug. Now it's lit up after i put everything back together even though someone is sitting on the passenger side. Does anyone know how to turn it off?

chompsticks
Car: Cube Krom

It is the same for I think most all Nissan, at least the newer ones. All I know is that it worked for my cube and you can def search it through google. but follow this and it should work. may take a few tries.

push the ignition from OFF to ONthe air bag warning light will appear for about 7 seconds and turns off.then push igniition switch OFF immediately.after ignition switch is turned OFF, wait for about 6 seconds.

after you REPEAT THE PROCEDURE 3 TIMES, push the ignition switch ON, this time the ABS warning light has been reset.step on the brake and push the button to start the car. turn the ignition off and start the car. Hope this will help. I did this procedure to my car and it works.

damian666robin
Car: 2009 nissan cube

chompsticks wrote:It is the same for I think most all Nissan, at least the newer ones. All I know is that it worked for my cube and you can def search it through google. but follow this and it should work. may take a few tries.

push the ignition from OFF to ONthe air bag warning light will appear for about 7 seconds and turns off.then push igniition switch OFF immediately.after ignition switch is turned OFF, wait for about 6 seconds.

after you REPEAT THE PROCEDURE 3 TIMES, push the ignition switch ON, this time the ABS warning light has been reset.step on the brake and push the button to start the car. turn the ignition off and start the car. Hope this will help. I did this procedure to my car and it works.
oh man! it give me a headache just to read all the follow up lol! i told you to leave than thing on im sure the instructions will work fine

lkptpete
Car: 2009 cube

A little more to it...But still no biggie...This works...By the way, what you did "wrong" is you turned on the ign to test your radio install before to re-connected the airbag light. The system looked for teh warning light, didn't find it a said "something is wrong..." Feel free to disconnect it while doing the install, but in the future, make sure it is plugged in before you turn the ign. back on.

Procedure:Here's the process to reset the air bag light (copied from somewhere else on the forum)... I tried it and it works.

If you have the airbag light, it will show steady for a few seconds (the manual says 7 secs) after you turn the key from off to on (but not start) and then start to flash. Here is how to reset it:

1. Turn the key from off to on.

2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.

3. Count to 5 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)

4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.

5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.

6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.

If it does not work the first time, just repeat the steps again.

randode

i ran into the same problem durring my led swap, the fix worked for me!

tattooDan

chompsticks wrote:It is the same for I think most all Nissan, at least the newer ones. All I know is that it worked for my cube and you can def search it through google. but follow this and it should work. may take a few tries.

lkptpete wrote:A little more to it...But still no biggie...This works...By the way, what you did "wrong" is you turned on the ign to test your radio install before to re-connected the airbag light. The system looked for teh warning light, didn't find it a said "something is wrong..." Feel free to disconnect it while doing the install, but in the future, make sure it is plugged in before you turn the ign. back on.

Procedure:Here's the process to reset the air bag light (copied from somewhere else on the forum)... I tried it and it works.

If you have the airbag light, it will show steady for a few seconds (the manual says 7 secs) after you turn the key from off to on (but not start) and then start to flash. Here is how to reset it:

1. Turn the key from off to on.

2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.

3. Count to 5 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)

4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.

5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.

6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.

If it does not work the first time, just repeat the steps again.

I worked on a 09 Sentra the other day and the srs light was flashing,anyway,I went back to the customer today and tried this method and it worked the first try,

thanks you guys very much for an easy fix.

I really appreciate the info here.

Dan

trellaine
Car: 2010 VersaHatch SL/Nav package

That is incredible! Honestly I was skeptical of this trick. Just because I have no idea how the procedure would relate to a light or airbag.

But I really think it worked!

Has a stereo and sub installed Friday. And the airbag light was flashing all the time.

Thought I would have to drive 30 minutes to the installer for a fix! But thanks to people in this forum you saved me a trip!

I hope this light doesn't come back flashing.

trellaine
Car: 2010 VersaHatch SL/Nav package

Mmmm is this a common problem with after market installs? By using this method to get rid of the flashing light does it effect the deployment of the airbag if needed? Touch wood I don't get in a crash but?

Thanks

Thegoochwithin
Car: 2010 Nissan Sentra S

I’ve tried this reset multiple times in my 2010 Sentra S. It does reset the light, but it keeps coming back on shortly after. What should I be checking next

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Thegoochwithin wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:47 am
I’ve tried this reset multiple times in my 2010 Sentra S. It does reset the light, but it keeps coming back on shortly after. What should I be checking next
If it won't reset then the Bag Brain is detecting a system problem that isn't going away, it turns the light back on after failing self-test. Check any connectors you may have pulled loose and make sure they're all seated and latched. If they're all good, you'll need to get the ACU codes read to see what the problem is.

Thegoochwithin
Car: 2010 Nissan Sentra S

It’s coming up as some passenger seat fault. I’ll try and figure out exactly which one. Thank you.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Thegoochwithin wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:26 am
It’s coming up as some passenger seat fault. I’ll try and figure out exactly which one. Thank you.
Is the "Airbag Off" lamp on the dash connected? It's easy to forget if you've had the dash apart, and an open circuit in the lamp will cause a DTC. Make sure the connector is seated and latched, always listen for a "click" when reinstalling connectors. No click, no good. All the other wiring for the OCS is underneath the passenger seat, so it's unlikely any dash work would affect it.

Return to “Cube Forum”